Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Prayer Requests & Testimonies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #1
\_(ツ)_/

Thesis

Hey guys,

I know this is not at the same level of most of the stuff posted here, but I would love to get some prayer support on my decision in regards to Masters Thesis.

I just found out I need to decide, before next Friday, what I will work on for my thesis. This came as a surprise to me, because I haven't given it much thought. The Danish government has made these new rules, that I have to start my thesis the day after my last exam (19th of December in my case, which makes no sense, because all university staff are on christmas break there).

I have 2 options:
1. Project on Biometrics/Heart Rate Variability:
Pros:
- It's in the same department as my study line
- The supervisor is a super cool guy that I have worked with many times before. Christian guy, a pleasure to work with.
- I've heard conflicting reports of a possibility of a PhD after that (not even sure if I have the grades for that, so not that important of a point).
- I am currently working on an HRV project for that same department, so I would just have to continue my work.
Cons:
- Supervisor will most likely be very busy next year.

2. Project in trash collection optimization:
Pros:
- I am currently spending all my free time on turning this idea into a startup, so I have a headstart
- Working on this full time for half a year would improve our chances of getting funding/traction
- I would become an expert in a field where we are attempting to start a company
- (not sure if this one is a pro) The supervisor said that he doesn't want a report from me (the famous long thesis report), but instead would want me to publish two scientific articles in a journal. Apparently no one reads the reports, but the articles would be read by many people.
Cons:
- The supervisor is in another department

I am currently asking everyone around me for advice (feel free to give yours), but the most important thing to me is to get the opinion from Above

This is after all 1/4 of my masters and as my study coordinator was so nice to point out: "Will affect where you will work" (not sure if that is true).

So a short prayer would be appreciated. That God may show me what is best for me, but most importantly can help me carry out his plan for my life.

tl;dr: Pray for my choice of thesis project

Unread 10-31-2015, 06:43 PM   #2
Super Mom

paid
I will pray for you. My advice, since you asked, is to go with the one that you think will keep your interest the longest! Best of luck to you.
Unread 11-01-2015, 02:18 AM   #3
\_(ツ)_/

Thanks
Unread 11-02-2015, 06:05 AM   #4
\_(ツ)_/

I got a word from God this morning: "What are you afraid of?"

I have asked all I know to pray for me to make the best decision. I will spare you the details of all the thoughts going through my head. I have until Wednesday to make a decision.
Unread 11-02-2015, 07:44 AM   #5
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
Didn't mention it, but have been keeping your situation in my thoughts and prayers

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #6
\_(ツ)_/

Thanks bro. I went with option 2. Wrote to my professor earlier today.