Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Prayer Requests & Testimonies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
I need a bigger car!

Friends' baby born early

A married couple that are good friends of mine that used to go to my church announced back in June-ish that they were expecting a baby and that the baby was due around Valentine's Day. Well, a few days ago, the wife's water broke and they moved her into the hospital real quick and decided to wait it out, monitor her and see what was going to happen. Last night, their baby girl made her grand arrival and was moved to NICU.

There are some good news despite all this that is revealing God's hand in the situation. A few examples include the fact that the baby is kicking and moving a lot (and according to the husband, the baby's nurse told him that she has never seen a baby born this early move this much), the fact that the baby has not shown a need for extra oxygen to help her along (which is something that a baby born at this stage usually would need) and seems to be doing fine without it, the fact that the baby's blood pressure at this early of a birth is at a healthy level that, by comparison, would be healthy for a baby born four weeks later than this one was and the fact that, even though her lungs are still developing, they were developed enough that she was capable of crying after being born.

Clearly, my friends have a little fighter on their hands, but right now all three of them need all the prayer they can get.

DKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #2
OG Spinning Chinchilla
Administrator

Praying for that sweet baby girl and her parents. Please keep us posted!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2015, 08:43 PM   #3
I need a bigger car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Praying for that sweet baby girl and her parents. Please keep us posted!
Will do.
Unread 10-22-2015, 09:50 PM   #4
Super Mom

paid
Praying for them. How many weeks gestation is she?
Unread 10-22-2015, 10:47 PM   #5
I need a bigger car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlMom View Post
Praying for them. How many weeks gestation is she?
Not sure off the top of my head. If my guess is correct, she was probably somewhere between 5 to 6 months along.