Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Bass
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-14-2015, 08:20 AM   #1

bass pedalboards

Anyone running a bass pedal board in worship? Obviously nothing to flashy, but maybe tone shaping tools? Preamps, EQ, compressors, delay (maybe)?

Khaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-15-2015, 04:59 AM   #2

The guy I play with runs a SansAmp bass driver. Other than that most of the bass players I run into are plug and play types
aljb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
I've been using my guitar board as a bass board. I've got a few effects that work great for both with a little knob turn here or there.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2015, 04:59 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to bread man Send a message via MSN to bread man
I started playing bass in a new band recently. On my board is an earthquaker devices crimson drive, zvex woolly mammoth clone, boss FL 3, and a zoom multistomp. Been thinking of adding a compressor, but I don't know much about them yet.
Unread 10-19-2015, 06:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljb17 View Post
The guy I play with runs a SansAmp bass driver. Other than that most of the bass players I run into are plug and play types
I agree, but I'm more or less trying to help out the sound guys vs coloring my sound. They don't do anything fancy for the bass. The lows and low-mids don't talk well with the room. There's a build up in the room when the bass player goes into the lower registers. Almost like you'd blow over the stop of an empty bottle. Just trying to get some consistency on my end and maybe that will help the sound guys deal with less erratic levels.
Unread 10-19-2015, 06:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bread man View Post
I started playing bass in a new band recently. On my board is an earthquaker devices crimson drive, zvex woolly mammoth clone, boss FL 3, and a zoom multistomp. Been thinking of adding a compressor, but I don't know much about them yet.
Sounds like you like those dirty/nasty tones. What type of music is that band?
I just ordered an MXR M87 compressor. I'll let you know how it jams when I get it.
Unread 10-20-2015, 04:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaide View Post
I agree, but I'm more or less trying to help out the sound guys vs coloring my sound. They don't do anything fancy for the bass. The lows and low-mids don't talk well with the room. There's a build up in the room when the bass player goes into the lower registers. Almost like you'd blow over the stop of an empty bottle. Just trying to get some consistency on my end and maybe that will help the sound guys deal with less erratic levels.

Compression, EQ, things like that, Are you running Direct to the board or through your amp on stage?
aljb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2015, 07:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljb17 View Post
Compression, EQ, things like that, Are you running Direct to the board or through your amp on stage?
Both. I'm plugging into a DI that splits the signal. I'm guessing one is buffered back to the board and the other is a pass-thru to the amp on stage. Nothing from the amp is going through the house speakers. It's only for reference.
Unread 10-28-2015, 04:40 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to bread man Send a message via MSN to bread man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaide View Post
Sounds like you like those dirty/nasty tones. What type of music is that band?
I just ordered an MXR M87 compressor. I'll let you know how it jams when I get it.
I think the guy who put it together is aiming at something like Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, but it's a probably going to be a cover band for a weird retro/hipster bar.
Unread 01-11-2016, 10:02 PM   #10

I really dig the ehx bass soul food. The soul food for guitar is more of a klone, but the bass version goes for a nice ampeg growl, which is great for some settings. You can also blend in the dry signal. Other than that a good preamp is nice (I like the MXR M81) and MAYBE a chorus for those soaking worship pads. But I usually run my bass extra clean. Mostly straight into the board.
noahgreene is offline   Reply With Quote