Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-13-2015, 04:57 PM   #1

2015/16 NFL season

The first thing I want to say is: I know it's only game one, but could there be a more stark contrast between the #1 and #2 pick from the last years draft? Mariota is having a career game. There's not a QB in the league that wouldn't be thrilled with the game he's having. Winston? Not so much.

Then, how 'bout those Rams? Seems like every year the pundits say the Rams "could" be good. Maybe this will be the year.

jthomas1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-13-2015, 05:09 PM   #2
...more machine than man.

Mariota is playing Tampa...

Add me on FaceBook

S.B.Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #3

Drew Brees threw his 400th td pass tonight, Tom Brady has 401. Both guys will likely surpass the guy in third place (Dan Marino) who has 420. Will either of them pass the second place guy (Brett Farve) who has 508. And how long will it be before someone passes Peyton Manning? He has 535 and counting. Brees and Brady would have to throw almost 30 td passes a year for 5 years to reach Manning....and that's provided Manning doesn't throw another dozen or two.
jthomas1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2015, 12:58 AM   #4
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Rivers goes 43-65 for 503 yards and loses. This is less an achievement for Rivers and more of an indictment for the lack of run game for the Chargera.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2015, 08:32 PM   #5
Administrator

In case you've missed how bad the 49ers are this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXzJPnq9fJw

I'm a podcaster
Unread 11-17-2015, 03:35 PM   #6
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
In case you've missed how bad the 49ers are this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXzJPnq9fJw
Interesting to note that BOTH wide receivers were left uncovered on that play!

After the Denver/KC game, I think it's apparent that Peyton is likely in his final season in the NFL. Sad when someone hangs on a bit too long. Still setting some records but tarnishing the name a bit. He will go down as one of the greatest QBs of all time no doubt.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #7
Administrator

Yeah...when you've been benched for Brock Osweiler...definitely need to take retirement seriously.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 11-20-2015, 09:30 PM   #8
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
I think it's bonkers to say it diminishes his legacy at all. This is the first year that he hasn't played at a high level.
Unread 11-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #9
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
I think it's bonkers to say it diminishes his legacy at all. This is the first year that he hasn't played at a high level.
The writing was on the wall last season, but I think because Denver's run game was stronger, teams weren't able to focus on Manning as much. In the second half of last season Manning was either brilliant or barely functional. I think this season Denver's inability to establish the run has meant that teams have just keyed in on Manning and been able to force more mistakes out of him because there isn't much in the way of a second offensive option there.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 11-21-2015, 03:38 PM   #10
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Very true.

I was listening to too much sports talk radio, and the host was making the claim that Manning is now just hanging on trying to set records, and the team would be better off with someone more competent.

His legacy will be one of the greatest QB's of all time. I'm not one to equate championships to greatness, although most of the great ones have one. Dan Marino comes to mind as one great quarterback that got to the Super Bowl early in his career, then never made it again. Still a great QB however.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote