Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Amps & Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-10-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
...more machine than man.

amplitube

Anyone using/tried an Irig and/or amplitube for worship? I begrudgingly bought an ipad to use at church (can run the soundboard during rehersal). Also got an Irig 2 to mess around with, and the amplitube demo sounds pretty good in my headphones.

Add me on FaceBook

S.B.Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-11-2015, 05:06 AM   #2

I ran Amplitube for a few weeks, Using a laptop through an audio interface and controlling it via MIDI over USB with a Line 6 FBV shortboard

It sounded great, the software works awesome, The only reason I stopped using it Live was my laptop flaked out mid set on Easter Sunday,

The Wampler Pinnacle drive is amazing, The VOX and Fender amp models sound great, I record my own stuff (hardrock/metal) at home and the ENGL Powerball is my go to for that, I'm hoping to get a chance to check out the new MESA patches that have been released in the last couple weeks soon.
aljb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2015, 11:42 AM   #3
...more machine than man.

Yeah, it's the concern about the hardware glitching during the service that worries me the most.

Add me on FaceBook

S.B.Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #4

I was using a Windows based system I have heard that Mac based systems are better for Live use
Unread 09-30-2015, 04:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtransplant View Post
guitar rig sounds amazing just doesnt have as much of a selection of amp and effect models
Guitar Rig does sound great too, another one I tried and liked was TH2 from Overloud, it has a great user interface
Unread 11-11-2015, 01:05 AM   #6
Okagesama de genki desu

I've been using a software/laptop based rig exclusively for about 8 months now and I absolutely love it.

AmpliTube is great, S-Gear is amazing and cheap too. The tones are there, plus you get more live control over your rig than you ever dreamed.

The standalone apps are ok, but it's better to run them inside a DAW. Something like Ableton or Mainstage. You'll get a little better stability that way, plus more routing and MIDI control options.

Getting a solid interface is critical. I wouldn't waste time with any of IK's interfaces (like the iRig). They're noisy and have high levels of latency. Focusrite and Presonus both make some good quality interfaces around the $150 - $200 range that will give you much better sound quality and lower latency.

I'm running a Macbook Pro and it's very stable. In 8 months I've played around 50-60 gigs and I've only had an issue one time. The two cardinal rules are:

1. Never update or install new software before a gig. Wait till you've got time to test and make sure everything is stable

2. Have some form of backup rig.

I run a Digitech pedal with cab simulation inside a looper pedal as a backup rig. If my laptop ever goes down, all I have to do is hit one footswitch to kick in the backup rig while I reboot the laptop.