Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Amps & Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-03-2015, 06:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathminnick31 View Post
I just played Sunday night at a church that seats about 75 and was able to get a nice clean tone with the bright channel and also a quiet enough distortion tone with the girth channel using my Tele. Very versatile with plenty of headroom.

As for playing at home, I usually punch it to max volume at home since I seldom get to crank it at churches but I have gotten really nice quieter tones playing late at night.
Nice. Does the Night Train clean have that chimey Vox sound like the AC's? I don't usually get to crank my amp at home because I usually play after my kid has gone to bed. Just curious, what type of stuff do you play at home? When I'm not playing in church I like to play some modern alternative stuff like My Morning Jacket, The Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys. I also like playing U2 stuff. So that's the kind of sound I'm going for.

I still think i'm leaning towards the AC4C1-12, but I hopefully I can find a store that has both to give them a try.

dbarila is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-03-2015, 07:18 AM   #17
Deets Go Here

In my opinion the Night Train doesn't have an abundance of chime. Yes, I can still tell it's a Vox, but it has its own thing going for it.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #18

I've never had the joy of playing an AC30 but the clean tone sounds good to me especially through my Tele. As for playing at home, I rock out contemporary Christian tunes experimenting with various effects. I also have a 'black book' that has Gun's 'n' Roses, Lynrd Skynrd, Kid Rock, The Beatles, Ed Sheeran, Green Day, U2, Jewel, Stevie Nicks, Kenny Wayne Sheppard and more.
Unread 09-06-2015, 05:20 PM   #19

I went to the store and tried out an AC4C1-BL. I don't think it will be clean loud enough. They didn't have the 12ď version to try but I assume it would be similar. While I was there I plugged into a Fender Blues Jr. I thought it sounded pretty nice. I'll have to go back and play it with my guitar. My only concern is how it would sound for U2 sounds. I'd like to hook up my delay pedal and find out.
Unread 09-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #20

Has anyone played a Vox AC10? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot about them out there, I'm guessing because they are new. I'm wondering if it would be the happy medium it seems to be by giving me a clean sound at the volume I need and being portable to lug around. I still want to try the Night Train but the GC i was at over the weekend didn't have one.
Unread 09-10-2015, 02:46 PM   #21

I have a 5 watt Gibson Les Paul Jr. amp that I used once. And it handled it.
Although I prefer the meatier 60 w dual Marshall.
Unread 11-25-2015, 01:28 PM   #22

I used to own an AC15C1 (terrific amp), and now I'm playing through an AC4TVH, the head version, through an Egnater 1X12 cabinet. It sounds very similar to the "normal" channel of the AC15. The full-blast overdrive of this amp is awful in my opinion, but set it just at the point of breakup and hit it with an overdrive pedal like the Joyo Ultimate Drive (an OCD clone) set to just above the minimum drive setting and it's a thing of awesomeness! Some have complained that it's not loud enough to use with a drummer, but I've found that it's certainly loud enough, but it won't be a crystal clean tone - there will be some dirt in it. That's fine for me since I don't like a crystal clean guitar tone anyway. Incidentally, although this amp is designed to be used with a 16 ohm cabinet, you can run this amp into an 8 ohm cabinet and it will give you much more volume and headroom, but do NOT use the attenuator below the 4W setting!
3chordgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2015, 11:39 AM   #23

Just to update my post here. After all the discussion about Vox amps, I actually went with a Fender Super Champ X2. I'm have a blast with it so far. Lots of different tone options (including some Vox-ish). And the Fender Fuse software makes it fun to mess around with some effects. I'll be breaking it in at Church this Sunday.
Unread 12-17-2015, 02:46 PM   #24
Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarila View Post
Just to update my post here. After all the discussion about Vox amps, I actually went with a Fender Super Champ X2. I'm have a blast with it so far. Lots of different tone options (including some Vox-ish). And the Fender Fuse software makes it fun to mess around with some effects. I'll be breaking it in at Church this Sunday.
I'm glad you've found an amp you like
to_be_released is offline   Reply With Quote