Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > Site Issues & Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-27-2015, 11:46 AM   #1

copy printable version

I found your website while searching for a song. You had a nice chord chart of the piece. I wanted a copy to use for practice at home. I clicked on printable version and got a blank page with a reminder to contact ccli. If I'm on your website couldn't you inform ccli that a copy was made? I never got the copy. I registered in case that was the cause but that had no effect. It seems a fancy pants programmer could let ccli know about the copy automatically. Isn't that what they're getting paid to do. Are you saying you don't know when and what is being copied by a member using the printable version? Disappointed.

Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 08-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
OG Spinning Chinchilla
Administrator

Hi Merrick. What song were you trying to print? It seems the "Printable Version" button isn't working properly. We will inform the powers that be. In the meantime, you can try copy and pasting into a word processor to print, or try selecting the text you'd like printed, right clicking, clicking print, and then in the window choosing the option to print only the selection.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2015, 02:34 PM   #3
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Additionally, we don't have any fancy pants programmers. The site is run almost completely by volunteers. Any service provided by this website is free of charge, so while we are sorry for your disappointment, please don't expect us to be something we are not.
Unread 08-27-2015, 09:23 PM   #4
OG Spinning Chinchilla
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Additionally, we don't have any fancy pants programmers. The site is run almost completely by volunteers. Any service provided by this website is free of charge, so while we are sorry for your disappointment, please don't expect us to be something we are not.
I wonder if he was imagining all of us admins and mods working in a fancy shiny building with the CGR logo emblazoned on the front that we all go to for our fancy full-time CGR operating jobs, calling CCLI back and forth to let them know someone clicked on one of the many tabs that are so popular that we work really hard to keep current. I wonder if we get good benefits.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2015, 07:57 AM   #5
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I wonder if he was imagining all of us admins and mods working in a fancy shiny building with the CGR logo emblazoned on the front that we all go to for our fancy full-time CGR operating jobs, calling CCLI back and forth to let them know someone clicked on one of the many tabs that are so popular that we work really hard to keep current. I wonder if we get good benefits.
Wait...we don't have a big shiny building?

My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2015, 08:00 AM   #6
Old School
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrick View Post
I found your website while searching for a song. You had a nice chord chart of the piece. I wanted a copy to use for practice at home. I clicked on printable version and got a blank page with a reminder to contact ccli. If I'm on your website couldn't you inform ccli that a copy was made? I never got the copy. I registered in case that was the cause but that had no effect. It seems a fancy pants programmer could let ccli know about the copy automatically. Isn't that what they're getting paid to do. Are you saying you don't know when and what is being copied by a member using the printable version? Disappointed.
Most of the sites that still allow that sort of thing require paid memberships to do so.

Like others have pointed out, we're a free site, with a volunteer administration staff. None of us get paid to do anything.

And yes...we are saying that we have no idea what's being copied by people who use the tabs and chords. We could always update that and start charging people to use it. Is that what you'd like?
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2015, 01:41 PM   #7

Apologia

Brothers & sisters in Christ,
No one is perfect or innocent. Jesus said let that one throw the first stone. I did not mean to offend anyone.
Re: Mara. The name of the piece is People get ready/ C. Lewis When I attempted to copy P. V. today it did not & showed the same CCLI blank result.
Re: others. I am not skilled with my laptop and this has been educating. I did not understand why I could not copy a P.V. & felt frustration. You have a fine website & should be very proud of that. May I thank you for the help you provide at no charge. God has a reason for everything including this painful /humbling experience. I pray I can learn from this & be a better supporting member of the website. I ask for anointing, favor & blessing to all involved with christianguitar.org, in the name & the blood of Jesus. Praise & Glory to our Lord God, Amen.
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2015, 10:25 AM   #8

I am having same proplem. When I try to copy and paste to word format is all wrong chords are mixed in with verse.
Garvin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2015, 11:53 AM   #9
ITALICS
Administrator

paid
I'm sorry about the problems you're having with this. The forum administrators (like myself) don't have the necessary permissions to change things in that part of the site, and we don't have a ton of resources for site repairs and upgrades right now anyway. Unfortunately, this feature probably will not be fixed.
mtlmouth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None