Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Prayer Requests & Testimonies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #1
now a spiced muffin.
Administrator

paid
loss of church friend to cancer

my pastor's brother in law, ben, was unexpectedly diagnosed with cancer last year, and it tore through him pretty aggressively over the last several months. he passed away last night, 4 days before his 39th birthday, and he leaves behind his wife and their 5 children.

my old church could definitely be categorized as ancient-future, with a lot of emphasis on the future and the hope of resurrection. we have had more than our share of loss in our community, and one of the things that brings peace and comfort is the knowledge that we will one day be reunited in the presence of Christ. however, that does not negate the pain and grief that comes with loss, so i ask that you would keep his beautiful family in prayer, that they would feel peace and that they would sit with God during this time.

ben was a good man who served the church quietly and with faithfulness, and he will be missed here. at the same time, i rejoice that he is out of the pain he endured, and is now in the presence of Christ.

dumb statement du jour: a stadium's like a big building, right?

let me entertain you!

Last edited by beanbag; 08-06-2015 at 08:20 PM.
beanbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links