Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Current Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-18-2015, 02:32 PM   #91
Moderator
 
Sean's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 23,705
Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by slap_j View Post
And poor Lincoln Chafee. Look at him being kicked while already down.
That was rough. They're asking those same dumb drop questions to Rand Paul.


Run a bunch of stories about how they're going to drop out.
Only interview them about articles about dropping out.
Shocking that he might drop out.

__________________
FIND ME ONLINE

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #92
Evangelical & Fundamental
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 36,924
paid
If it wasn't for Ben Carson, I could honestly say that I care less about this election than any other one during my life as a voter.
__________________
Bloggy Blog
Lee's Sermons
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2015, 04:30 PM   #93
dept. of redundancy dept.
 
rock_show_host's Avatar
 

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
If it wasn't for Ben Carson, I could honestly say that I care less about this election than any other one during my life as a voter.
What do you like about him specifically? And do you think he has a realistic shot at the nomination?

I don't care for him at all personally, but I'll admit that his campaign has surprised me. I thought he'd enjoy maybe a week at the top of the polls and would be long forgotten by now, but he's been doing well for a long time at this point. Then again, it's way too early for the polls to mean anything yet. At this point in 2011, Herman Cain was the frontrunner.
rock_show_host is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2015, 10:00 PM   #94
Registered User
 

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2,915
paid
Carson would be a great surgeon general.

Not president.
__________________
I'm gone.
athanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2015, 10:11 PM   #95
Evangelical & Fundamental
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 36,924
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_show_host View Post
What do you like about him specifically? And do you think he has a realistic shot at the nomination?

I don't care for him at all personally, but I'll admit that his campaign has surprised me. I thought he'd enjoy maybe a week at the top of the polls and would be long forgotten by now, but he's been doing well for a long time at this point. Then again, it's way too early for the polls to mean anything yet. At this point in 2011, Herman Cain was the frontrunner.
As far as politics go, I don't think he would be a good choice at all. I just respect him as a doctor and as a human being. It's just interesting to see. I don't think he can win at all.
__________________
Bloggy Blog
Lee's Sermons
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2015, 11:02 AM   #96
Moderator
 
Sean's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 23,705
Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_show_host View Post
And do you think he has a realistic shot at the nomination?
I'm so confused by the current batch of candidates on both sides that the only person I see with a realistic shot at either nomination is Joe Biden...and he hasn't even announced he's running.
__________________
FIND ME ONLINE

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #97
dept. of redundancy dept.
 
rock_show_host's Avatar
 

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
I'm so confused by the current batch of candidates on both sides that the only person I see with a realistic shot at either nomination is Joe Biden...and he hasn't even announced he's running.
You don't think Hillary Clinton has a realistic shot at the Democratic nomination?

My money's on either Bush or Rubio for the Republican nomination.
rock_show_host is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2015, 05:06 PM   #98
Registered User
 
jthomas1600's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2008
Location: In the great state of Texas
Posts: 4,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by athanatos View Post
Carson would be a great surgeon general.

Not president.
I'll pose the inverse of the same question that was posed to Leboman: What specifically do you think disqualifies him as president? Do you lean left and just don't think any of the "conservatives" would make a a great president or do you think there is something specifically lacking in Ben Carson that makes him unfit for president?
jthomas1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2015, 06:14 PM   #99
Evangelical & Fundamental
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 36,924
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas1600 View Post
I'll pose the inverse of the same question that was posed to Leboman: What specifically do you think disqualifies him as president? Do you lean left and just don't think any of the "conservatives" would make a a great president or do you think there is something specifically lacking in Ben Carson that makes him unfit for president?
FWIW...he is probably the only candidate (on either side) that I would consider voting for.
__________________
Bloggy Blog
Lee's Sermons
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2015, 07:17 PM   #100
Moderator
 
Sean's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 23,705
Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_show_host View Post
You don't think Hillary Clinton has a realistic shot at the Democratic nomination?
I do in the same way that I think any of the front runners have a realistic shot.

Donald Trump has been running consistently good numbers and has money...so I guess it's realistic, but I have no idea who would want an obnoxious business man/reality star as the president.

Jeb Bush has pretty good numbers and money....so I guess it's realistic, but I have no idea who thinks it's a good idea to have a 3rd Bush President in under 30 years.

Hilary Clinton has consistently been in first and has her rabid fanbase, but beside her groupies I have no idea who wants scandal prone, artificial, and highly questionable president. I don't understand how anyone would think she's a good candidate considering she said she thought having two cell phones would be confusing....or that she brag during the debate about being virtually everyones enemy...or that she seems to consider Republicans are greater enemy than our actual enemies.

I really don't get it.
But I also really didn't understand how Mitt Romney got nominated.
__________________
FIND ME ONLINE

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #101
Moderator
 
Sean's Avatar
 

Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 23,705
Send a message via AIM to Sean Send a message via MSN to Sean
Is anyone's CGR running lots and lots of Hilary ads right now?
__________________
FIND ME ONLINE

Modern Ministry Blog | My thoughts on life and faith
The Sean Chandler Blog | My thoughts on culture and politics
YouTube | My thoughts on movies and TV
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2015, 06:50 AM   #102
Rey de CGR
Administrator
 
DaGeek's Avatar
 

Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Here
Posts: 12,800
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean
Is anyone's CGR running lots and lots of Hilary ads right now?
Oh gosh yes. Every single time.!
__________________
I am most definitely a guy.


Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2015, 09:35 AM   #103
...
 
thesteve's Avatar
 

Joined: Apr 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 29,447
Send a message via AIM to thesteve
I just turned Adblock off...and it's an ad that starts with an H...


okay, okay...it's Honda.
__________________
We've all got ideas. We are the music makers. We make money to buy things, and write down words.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2015, 10:09 AM   #104
dept. of redundancy dept.
 
rock_show_host's Avatar
 

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas1600 View Post
I'll pose the inverse of the same question that was posed to Leboman: What specifically do you think disqualifies him as president? Do you lean left and just don't think any of the "conservatives" would make a a great president or do you think there is something specifically lacking in Ben Carson that makes him unfit for president?
Not that it disqualifies him, but it does give me pause that he literally has no experience in government. I know he's riding the anti-establishment wave that's pretty widespread right now, and I do think there's something to be said for the idea that lifetime politicians can make out-of-touch and ineffective leaders. At the same time, it seems foolish to treat the Presidency as an entry-level government job.
rock_show_host is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #105
Registered User
 
jthomas1600's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2008
Location: In the great state of Texas
Posts: 4,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_show_host View Post
Not that it disqualifies him, but it does give me pause that he literally has no experience in government. I know he's riding the anti-establishment wave that's pretty widespread right now, and I do think there's something to be said for the idea that lifetime politicians can make out-of-touch and ineffective leaders. At the same time, it seems foolish to treat the Presidency as an entry-level government job.
That's fair enough.
jthomas1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:42 AM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2