Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #16

Actually they were both 3TB w/Maple boards. I gave the nicer of the two away as a gift. The one I kept was beat up, so I stripped it down and repainted it, swapped bridge saddles, tuners, pickups, wiring, pots and caps. It sounded good when I got it, I just like to tinker and upgrade. The pickups that were in it were Curtis Novaks. They sounded awesome, so I took those out and put them in my Dad's Tele. Now it has CS Texas Specials in it
Here is how it started

Here it is now. Reranch Orange Translucent

I already had a RW Tele Candy Cola

Last edited by Gojo03; 09-20-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Gojo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-20-2015, 07:32 PM   #17
Live life on island time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojo03
Actually they were both 3TB w/Maple boards. I gave the nicer of the two away as a gift. The one I kept was beat up, so I stripped it down and repainted it, swapped bridge saddles, tuners, pickups, wiring, pots and caps. It sounded good when I got it, I just like to tinker and upgrade. The pickups that were in it were Curtis Novaks. They sounded awesome, so I took those out and put them in my Dad's Tele. Now it has CS Texas Specials in it Here is how it started Here it is now I already had a RW Tele

That is fantastic work!! Love that 60's reissue style red, I love a dark rosewood neck on that body
JayGLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2015, 12:00 PM   #18
Deets Go Here

I remember playing a Highway One Strat one time at Guitar Center. I am still kicking myself for not purchasing it. It was probably the best Strat I have ever played.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2015, 09:34 PM   #19
Live life on island time

Seriously, I have yet to come across a not nice Highway One... Sometimes the pickups are a little hotter
than others but just really well made.
JayGLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #20
Grunt

For $500 I'd get a Squier CV Tele, redo the pots, caps, and switch, pickups to taste and be done.
Rock Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2015, 10:42 PM   #21

Squier Affinity

I picked up a used cheapo Squier Affinity Butterscotch Blonde Telecaster on a trade (it's shown in my profile photo). Upgraded the bridge pickup to a GFS Alnico pickup and replaced the neck pickup with a P-90. I had to replace the pickguard to accommodate this. Replaced the plastic jack plate with a metal one. This thing will hold its own against most telecasters I've played at twice the price. No joke. It has a 3-piece alder body and a finish that's truly awesome. I did the "brown Kiwi shoe polish" neck stain thingy also.
3chordgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2016, 11:22 PM   #22

I just finished some work on my Tele. My mom and sister bought me a Hantug chrome plated all brass bridge for Christmas so it went on along with a rockrabbit control plate that moved the volume knob about an inch away from the switch and angled the switch. Seymour Duncan Lil '59 in the bridge (with a push pull coil split) and a Seymour Duncan hot for Tele in the neck. Ping locking tuners with the "F" logo. The volume pot is a B300k to keep it a little more mellow and the tone is an A500k.
It's a little punchy but still can have the same sound the Tele is known for. It has become one of my favorite axes to play.

forumrunner_20160110_232034.png

forumrunner_20160110_232051.png

forumrunner_20160110_232002.png
R1ridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2016, 08:00 PM   #23

I've played some really good MIM fenders. Sometimes better than the americans I've played.
AnthonyYaff is offline   Reply With Quote