Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Bass
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-14-2015, 07:25 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Heaberlin2010
Yeah I messed up alittle.

So I have a question I was adjusting my intonation the other day and yeah I did it, I stripped the head of the screw on accident. So I am trying to figure out how to get all the screws out so I can take it to hardware store and get a set just like them and replace them all. How would I go about taking these out. Does anyone have a good way to do it or should I just take it to a repair shop and have it done. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
11118707_10206943716657867_868430765_n.jpg  

Heaberlin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-14-2015, 07:32 PM   #2
Official CGR Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaberlin2010 View Post
So I have a question I was adjusting my intonation the other day and yeah I did it, I stripped the head of the screw on accident. So I am trying to figure out how to get all the screws out so I can take it to hardware store and get a set just like them and replace them all. How would I go about taking these out. Does anyone have a good way to do it or should I just take it to a repair shop and have it done. Thanks in advance!
From the perspective of a new bass player (myself ), I would take it to a shop to be looked at. They could even tell you who to go to without costing you anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe View Post
This is Giuseppes daily reminder to CPFers that you are super awesome and God has a plan for you

*high five*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
The frequency with which I use the phrase "blows my mind" is directly proportional to the amount of time I spend seriously reading the Bible.
Laguna Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2015, 07:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Master View Post
From the perspective of a new bass player (myself ), I would take it to a shop to be looked at. They could even tell you who to go to without costing you anything.
Atleast I don't feel TOO nooby then. Its not a huge issue right now I'll just keep playing. I plan on starting lessons here in about idk a month(not that I can't play but some guidance and someone helping me correct bad technique can only help right?) at a place near by just to help fine tune my skills, so I'll take it with me when I go over there and ask them. I'd be nice if this was something I could do myself though.
Unread 04-14-2015, 08:35 PM   #4

Local hardware store should have some kind of bit that would do the trick. http://www.asseenontvhot10.com/produ...A#.VS3OtsnD_qA
As for the screws, you're probably gonna have to get those from a music store.

I'm assuming you're talking about the long screw at the base of the bridge that goes through the saddle.

If so, you could easily remove all tension from that string and you should be able to remove the screw by hand. Push the saddle back to give you enough of the screw head to grab.
Unread 04-15-2015, 05:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathminnick31 View Post
Local hardware store should have some kind of bit that would do the trick. http://www.asseenontvhot10.com/produ...A#.VS3OtsnD_qA
As for the screws, you're probably gonna have to get those from a music store.

I'm assuming you're talking about the long screw at the base of the bridge that goes through the saddle.

If so, you could easily remove all tension from that string and you should be able to remove the screw by hand. Push the saddle back to give you enough of the screw head to grab.
Yeah it's the screws that go through that adjust the intonation.