Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-14-2015, 09:06 AM   #76
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laturus View Post
It looks like there's this Apple Watch app. I'm not sure if it's for security of your Apple Watch or something different. The app is already gonna be on iOS9, snd it's on iOS8.
As far as I understand it, it is to allow your Apple Watch to communicate with your iPhone. Although, I will say that I did not want to have to have the app on my phone because I do not have an Apple Watch. However, I have no way to remove the app. It comes standard and cannot be removed.

Quote:
The other I wonder if Apple Watch had any complains yet. Like, "the strap keeps breaking" or "the OS is too slow" or "it doesn't work". If there's not any, then that's a bit of a surprise, in a good way . Just wondering, and asking.
I'm sure there are some complaints, but I haven't really seen any. There are always people who are going to be happy with their product. There are always going to be people that will complain. I guess it just depends upon the individual.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 07-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #77
The Overheader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post
As far as I understand it, it is to allow your Apple Watch to communicate with your iPhone. Although, I will say that I did not want to have to have the app on my phone because I do not have an Apple Watch. However, I have no way to remove the app. It comes standard and cannot be removed.
Oh, how weird. I could think that could be a security app for your Apple Watch. Unless, you can do that through iTunes, because there is a "Find my iDevice" thing. But, if you can't remove the Apple Watch app, just ignore it. I have the same problem with my android device. Total pain it is.

Quote:
I'm sure there are some complaints, but I haven't really seen any. There are always people who are going to be happy with their product. There are always going to be people that will complain. I guess it just depends upon the individual.
I bet that too. All electronics are not perfect . I have problem with my devices, but i sometimes just deal with it. Yeah, i wonder if the Apple Watch's strap could break. Maybe, or maybe not.

These aren't the --->corgi's<--- you are looking for"

I might be young, or old, but i am a part of God. I have changed thanks to him. I came here for a reason, and i'm trying to make that reason last. I respect the Lord. Jesus is my savior. I am a believer

Even Christians Can Rock</My Blog>

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Laturus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2015, 06:09 PM   #78
Basically... run.

paid
Quote:
It looks like there's this Apple Watch app. I'm not sure if it's for security of your Apple Watch or something different. The app is already gonna be on iOS9, snd it's on iOS8.
The app is very likely to facilitate communication between your watch and phone (e.g. pairing, changing certain settings, installing apps to the watch, etc.). Pebble smartwatches require an app for this reason.

Quote:
The other I wonder if Apple Watch had any complains yet. Like, "the strap keeps breaking" or "the OS is too slow" or "it doesn't work". If there's not any, then that's a bit of a surprise, in a good way . Just wondering, and asking.
If you search Google for "Apple Watch complaints" you'll find various complaints. Very likely the main problem will be the useless battery life.

Bass - Yamaha TRBX 505, Yamaha RBX 375
Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB, J&D Luthier
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon, SX VTG Series Tele copy, Ibanez SA
Guitar Amp - Fender Mustang IV V2
Bass Amp - Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A
Gear - POD HD500X, Zoom G9.2tt, Zoom B9.1ut, Boss DD-20

Warning: This journal may contain diary

But He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
And by His wounds we are healed.
Giga Hertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2015, 06:44 PM   #79
The Overheader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
The app is very likely to facilitate communication between your watch and phone (e.g. pairing, changing certain settings, installing apps to the watch, etc.). Pebble smartwatches require an app for this reason.
Oh, how weird. I guess that might be good if you buy a Apple Watch for someone and want to chat with the person you bought the Apple Watch for.

Quote:
If you search Google for "Apple Watch complaints" you'll find various complaints. Very likely the main problem will be the useless battery life.
You could probably find some complaints if you search "Apple Watch reviews". I bet there be at least one complaint for the Apple Watch.

I might be young, or old, but i am a part of God. I have changed thanks to him. I came here for a reason, and i'm trying to make that reason last. I respect the Lord. Jesus is my savior. I am a believer

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Unread 07-14-2015, 06:47 PM   #80
Basically... run.

paid
Quote:
Oh, how weird. I guess that might be good if you buy a Apple Watch for someone and want to chat with the person you bought the Apple Watch for.
You're misunderstanding. It's for the phone to communicate with the Watch. You need to have an iPhone (5 or newer) to use the watch. Most smartwatches require an active Bluetooth connection with a phone to function (otherwise they're essentially just an overpriced watch with poor battery life).

Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB, J&D Luthier
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon, SX VTG Series Tele copy, Ibanez SA

Unread 07-14-2015, 06:58 PM   #81
The Overheader

Quote:
You're misunderstanding. It's for the phone to communicate with the Watch. You need to have an iPhone (5 or newer) to use the watch. Most smartwatches require an active Bluetooth connection with a phone to function (otherwise they're essentially just an overpriced watch with poor battery life).
Ok. Can't you just communicate to someone who has a Apple Watch with your iPhone? Which, that sounds like the point in this Apple Watch app.

(and yes, it does seem like a overpriced watch with a poor battery life)

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Unread 07-14-2015, 07:02 PM   #82
Basically... run.

paid
Quote:
Ok. Can't you just communicate to someone who has a Apple Watch with your iPhone? Which, that sounds like the point in this Apple Watch app.

(and yes, it does seem like a overpriced watch with a poor battery life)
I don't think you're understanding the purpose a smartwatch. It's not a phone replacement, it's an accessory. It shows you content that you receive ON your phone without having to pull it out of your pocket.

Think of it like a door where you're checking every so often to see if someone's there. They may knock but you may not always be able to hear it or see someone there for whatever reason. This is your phone.
A smartwatch is like a doorbell. You can hear it as long as you're in proximity to your door, but you don't have to constantly check on it because you'll very likely hear it. The doorbell is your notification telling you you've received a visitor.

The smartwatch brings up notifications you receive on your phone. It doesn't replace your phone, it just makes viewing notifications more convenient.

(And the Bad Analogy of the Week award goes to Giga Hertz)

Unread 07-14-2015, 07:09 PM   #83
The Overheader

Quote:
I don't think you're understanding the purpose a smartwatch. It's not a phone replacement, it's an accessory. It shows you content that you receive ON your phone without having to pull it out of your pocket.

Think of it like a door where you're checking every so often to see if someone's there. They may knock but you may not always be able to hear it or see someone there for whatever reason. This is your phone.
A smartwatch is like a doorbell. You can hear it as long as you're in proximity to your door, but you don't have to constantly check on it because you'll very likely hear it. The doorbell is your notification telling you you've received a visitor.

The smartwatch brings up notifications you receive on your phone. It doesn't replace your phone, it just makes viewing notifications more convenient.

(And the Bad Analogy of the Week award goes to Giga Hertz)
Oh, some how i thought you meant something like a "Skype" or a FaceChat thing. Sorry. But, now i get what you mean.

I still think there should be some "security" feature on that Apple Watch app .

Either way, i still think the Apple Watch is nothing but a "distracting" smartwatch, with a poor battery and a dumb price.

(woo hoo for this description)

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Unread 07-14-2015, 07:17 PM   #84
Basically... run.

paid
Quote:
I still think there should be some "security" feature on that Apple Watch app .
Like what? You're less likely to have your watch stolen than your phone.

Quote:
Either way, i still think the Apple Watch is nothing but a "distracting" smartwatch, with a poor battery and a dumb price.
Pretty much. A Pebble Time works with more things, and the battery life lasts 10x longer, and is cheaper. The screen is colour, but the only thing more appealing on an Apple Watch is their screen is higher quality (Pebble use e-ink so the screen uses much less power; but it still achieves the same functionality as an Apple Watch).

Unread 07-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #85
Deets Go Here

Quote:
A Pebble Time works with more things, and the battery life lasts 10x longer, and is cheaper. The screen is colour, but the only thing more appealing on an Apple Watch is their screen is higher quality (Pebble use e-ink so the screen uses much less power; but it still achieves the same functionality as an Apple Watch).
I agree the battery life is longer on the Pebble Time; however, on the Apple Watch you can receive phone calls with the watch itself. I don't think that is available on the Pebble. Also, there is Apple Pay straight from your wrist rather than pulling your phone out.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2015, 10:20 AM   #86
The Overheader

Quote:
Like what? You're less likely to have your watch stolen than your phone.
Well, it depends on if the Apple Watch's strap is prone to breaking. But, either way, i agree with you.

Quote:
Pretty much. A Pebble Time works with more things, and the battery life lasts 10x longer, and is cheaper. The screen is colour, but the only thing more appealing on an Apple Watch is their screen is higher quality (Pebble use e-ink so the screen uses much less power; but it still achieves the same functionality as an Apple Watch).
Well, Pebble isn't as crazy priced as Apple Watch . But, i wonder if the Moto 360 could beat the Apple Watch. Maybe, because Google does it's worst when it comes to beating Apple out of the market. But, i'm not sure.

Quote:
I agree the battery life is longer on the Pebble Time; however, on the Apple Watch you can receive phone calls with the watch itself. I don't think that is available on the Pebble. Also, there is Apple Pay straight from your wrist rather than pulling your phone out.
Hmm, interesting. Yeah, Apple Pay is on the Apple Watch. But, i wonder if Google could link their "Google Wallet" onto their android watch's OS. Maybe, or maybe not. But either way, i don't see what's so good about the Apple Watch.

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Unread 07-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #87
Basically... run.

paid
Quote:
I didn't realise calls were a feature on the Watch. I know HOT were releasing a similar watch to Pebble a while ago that could. At the same time - as interesting as the concept was when HOT brought it up - I don't see that being entirely useful.

Apple Pay, on the other hand, I can see as a handy feature. But I don't think anyone in Australia supports it (but one of the banks here are bringing out an app for NFC enabled watches).

Unread 07-15-2015, 09:54 PM   #88
The Overheader

I wonder if the Apple Watch could have Gorilla Glass instead of regular glass. Wait, did they put Gorilla Glass on the Apple Watch?

I think Gorilla Glass is less prone to breaking. Maybe.

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Unread 07-15-2015, 10:05 PM   #89
Basically... run.

paid
Apparently the stuff in the Watches (Ion-X glass and Sapphire glass) is pretty tough against scratches. Enough abuse and it will certainly go bad (apparently sandpaper isn't good for glass; who would have thought)?

Here's an article that explains more (if you'd like to research further, I suggest searching Google for anything to the effect of "Apple Watch glass strength"):
Apple Watch scratch resistance: Ion-X vs. sapphire glass - SlashGear

Unread 07-15-2015, 10:06 PM   #90
The Overheader

Quote:
Apparently the stuff in the Watches (Ion-X glass and Sapphire glass) is pretty tough against scratches. Enough abuse and it will certainly go bad (apparently sandpaper isn't good for glass; who would have thought)?

Here's an article that explains more (if you'd like to research further, I suggest searching Google for anything to the effect of "Apple Watch glass strength"):
Apple Watch scratch resistance: Ion-X vs. sapphire glass - SlashGear
Hmm, how interesting.

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread