SporkV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-27-2015, 08:14 AM   #47
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by laturus View Post
What does it do? Rather than tell time
View/send texts and emails. Has a few apps that do things like monitor your health/heart rate. A couple different things.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 08:57 AM   #48
The Overheader

Well, that interesting. I forgot if the Fitbit was a smart wristwatch or just a health wristwatch. But, the Moto 360 is by Motorola, right?

These aren't the --->corgi's<--- you are looking for"

I might be young, or old, but i am a part of God. I have changed thanks to him. I came here for a reason, and i'm trying to make that reason last. I respect the Lord. Jesus is my savior. I am a believer

Even Christians Can Rock</My Blog>

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Laturus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 01:23 PM   #49
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Well, that interesting. I forgot if the Fitbit was a smart wristwatch or just a health wristwatch. But, the Moto 360 is by Motorola, right?
Fitbit is primarily for tracking health status, mainly heart rate, steps, and sleep. Most smartwatches go a decent ways beyond that. And yes the Moto in Moto 360 stands for Motorola.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 01:42 PM   #50
The Overheader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
Fitbit is primarily for tracking health status, mainly heart rate, steps, and sleep. Most smartwatches go a decent ways beyond that. And yes the Moto in Moto 360 stands for Motorola.
I had a feeling the Fitbit wasn't a actual smartwatch. Yeah, Moto will ALWAYS be Motorola . Hmmm, so, if the Apple Watch was designed as a touch screen multi-smartwatch, how come it isn't designed with their glass they used for their iDevices? Or, DID they?

I might be young, or old, but i am a part of God. I have changed thanks to him. I came here for a reason, and i'm trying to make that reason last. I respect the Lord. Jesus is my savior. I am a believer

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Unread 04-27-2015, 02:05 PM   #51
whatsisthisidonteven

Quote:
I had a feeling the Fitbit wasn't a actual smartwatch. Yeah, Moto will ALWAYS be Motorola . Hmmm, so, if the Apple Watch was designed as a touch screen multi-smartwatch, how come it isn't designed with their glass they used for their iDevices? Or, DID they?
It is the same kind of glass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
...Jesus?
SporkV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2015, 02:22 PM   #52
The Overheader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkV View Post
It is the same kind of glass
Very interesting.

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Unread 05-05-2015, 10:30 AM   #53
The Overheader

Ok, so the Apple Watch was created with "computer like" chips, right? So, does it work like a computer or is this just fancy stuff? It's also uses something called Taptic "something".

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Unread 05-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #54
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Ok, so the Apple Watch was created with "computer like" chips, right? So, does it work like a computer or is this just fancy stuff? It's also uses something called Taptic "something".
I'm not sure what "computer like" means. As far as I can tell it uses a chipset just like any other personal computing/micro computing/smart phone device would.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2015, 12:17 PM   #55
The Overheader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
I'm not sure what "computer like" means. As far as I can tell it uses a chipset just like any other personal computing/micro computing/smart phone device would.
Oh, yeah, that's sorta what I meant. That's very interesting. Is the Apple Watch small?

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Unread 05-05-2015, 12:24 PM   #56
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Oh, yeah, that's sorta what I meant. That's very interesting. Is the Apple Watch small?
It's the size of a typical wristwatch.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2015, 12:27 PM   #57
The Overheader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
It's the size of a typical wristwatch.

Hmmm, very interesting. Yeah, it must've took a while to make the o.s. so small.

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread
Unread 05-05-2015, 12:45 PM   #58
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
"taptic feedback" is just vibration. It vibrates.
Unread 05-12-2015, 10:45 PM   #59
is blessed beyond measure

Send a message via AIM to tigerfan88 Send a message via MSN to tigerfan88 Send a message via Yahoo to tigerfan88
Heart rate monitors tend to be junk on most/all smartwatches out there. Even the Apple Watch is fairly unreliable. You're better getting a bluetooth heart rate monitor and syncing that up with your phone to monitor your heart rate.

That said, I passed on the Apple Watch and opted for a Pebble. It's $94 and it's fairly plain. Black and white screen that reminds me of my old GameBoy. I thought I would hate this, but I actually have fallen in love with the device. Getting notifications on my watch no matter where my iPhone is (purse, or on my desk 20-30 feet away) is awesome. It gently wakes me in the morning, tracks my steps, tracks my sleep, and allows me to check the temperature or my calendar with a couple of button clicks. Waterproof, too. And I only have to charge it every 2-3 days.

My plan is to give the Apple Watch a shot once it's a generation or two old. Right now, it's still very much an early adapter's device.

My Gear:
Agile AL-2000 | Epiphone PR-100 Acoustic | Johnson Strat Copy | J.B. Player Professional Series Bass (somewhat modified) | Vox AD50VT 212 | Acoustic B20 Bass Amp | Vox V847| Danelectro Fab Distortion

My Blog | Tech Support for Lots of Devices
tigerfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2015, 06:47 AM   #60
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan88 View Post
My plan is to give the Apple Watch a shot once it's a generation or two old. Right now, it's still very much an early adapter's device.
That is my plan. I want to make sure they can get the kinks worked out and maybe add some additional features. A nice price drop also wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote