Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Technology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-24-2015, 05:40 PM   #16
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecockroach View Post
Honestly don't really understand the appeal, but... I'm just about the least gadgety person there is.
It feels insanely niche. I think I might know two or three people under the age of 35 that wear a watch, and they're on the survivalist/emergency side of things so their watches are heavy-duty shock resistant with para-cord bands.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-24-2015, 05:55 PM   #17
The Overheader

The watch should be out. But, what if you drop it? Total phenomenon? Chaos? A horrible cracked screen?, yes.

These aren't the --->corgi's<--- you are looking for"

I might be young, or old, but i am a part of God. I have changed thanks to him. I came here for a reason, and i'm trying to make that reason last. I respect the Lord. Jesus is my savior. I am a believer

Even Christians Can Rock</My Blog>

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread

Legos that fly and do cool stuff (What I Do on YT )
Laturus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2015, 09:26 PM   #18
Be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by laturus View Post
The watch should be out. But, what if you drop it? Total phenomenon? Chaos? A horrible cracked screen?, yes.
... How on earth do you drop a watch?
Unread 04-24-2015, 09:56 PM   #19
The Overheader

Many ways. Some watches seem uncomfortable for my waist. Well, nearly. But, still, you wouldn't want to drop it. TRUST ME.

I might be young, or old, but i am a part of God. I have changed thanks to him. I came here for a reason, and i'm trying to make that reason last. I respect the Lord. Jesus is my savior. I am a believer

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread

Unread 04-24-2015, 10:36 PM   #20
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
It feels insanely niche. I think I might know two or three people under the age of 35 that wear a watch, and they're on the survivalist/emergency side of things so their watches are heavy-duty shock resistant with para-cord bands.
I know several people, who do not wear or did not wear a watch prior to the new smart watch fad, that have bought or are planning to buy smart watches. These are people who wouldn't wear a watch normally, but they see it as a way to use phone functionality without having to pull it out of their pocket all the time.

Quote:
Many ways. Some watches seem uncomfortable for my waist. Well, nearly. But, still, you wouldn't want to drop it. TRUST ME.
I assume you mean wrist... but umm... it's literally strapped to your wrist... I mean, if you don't find it comfortable to your wrist, then just use a phone. That's the point of these. It's so you don't have to keep pulling your phone out of your pocket to read texts or get the time.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2015, 11:36 PM   #21
Basically... run.

paid
I do wonder about how well it handles being banged it against stuff though. I've scratched my Pebble several times in the last 1.5 years (since I'm rather uncoordinated) I've had it but it's always been good again within a week.

Bass - Yamaha TRBX 505, Yamaha RBX 375
Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB, J&D Luthier
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon, SX VTG Series Tele copy, Ibanez SA
Guitar Amp - Fender Mustang IV V2
Bass Amp - Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A
Gear - POD HD500X, Zoom G9.2tt, Zoom B9.1ut, Boss DD-20

Warning: This journal may contain diary

But He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
And by His wounds we are healed.
Giga Hertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2015, 06:26 AM   #22
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by laturus
You seem emphatic on us trusting you. Do you have experience with an Apple Watch? What if someone who has one drops it and it doesn't scratch? Should we trust you or them?

For what it's worth, the model in the middle seems fairly tough just from what I have seen online. It's made of metal.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2015, 07:06 AM   #23
Basically... run.

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post
You seem emphatic on us trusting you. Do you have experience with an Apple Watch? What if someone who has one drops it and it doesn't scratch? Should we trust you or them?

For what it's worth, the model in the middle seems fairly tough just from what I have seen online. It's made of metal.
From my understanding it's just the strap they use that's different between each model. The strap wouldn't be the part I'd be afraid of damaging. :P

Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB, J&D Luthier
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon, SX VTG Series Tele copy, Ibanez SA

Unread 04-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #24
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz
From my understanding it's just the strap they use that's different between each model. The strap wouldn't be the part I'd be afraid of damaging. :P
No. The base model is aluminum. The middle one is stainless steel and the top of the line is 18-karat gold.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2015, 11:10 AM   #25
The Overheader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
I assume you mean wrist... but umm... it's literally strapped to your wrist... I mean, if you don't find it comfortable to your wrist, then just use a phone. That's the point of these. It's so you don't have to keep pulling your phone out of your pocket to read texts or get the time.
Yeah, I did meant the wrist. But, I do have my iPod. Yeah, this Apple Watch doesn't seem worth the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post

Well, if the Apple Watch was made with a protective screen, then I might be wrong. But, if it's not, then it might cost a LOT to fix it because it's brand new. I've caused dead pixels to two of my electronics, and I feel very ashamed . But, still, I really think you should be careful with EVERY electronic.

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread

Last edited by SporkV; 04-25-2015 at 11:42 AM. Reason: merged
Unread 04-25-2015, 04:26 PM   #26
Official CGR Jedi Master

Quote:
Yeah, I did meant the wrist. But, I do have my iPod. Yeah, this Apple Watch doesn't seem worth the money.

Well, if the Apple Watch was made with a protective screen, then I might be wrong. But, if it's not, then it might cost a LOT to fix it because it's brand new. I've caused dead pixels to two of my electronics, and I feel very ashamed . But, still, I really think you should be careful with EVERY electronic.
The bathroom is the perfect technology-free sanctuary.

Also, don't confuse which hand has an iPod and which hand has a pine cone and throw the wrong thing. It's sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe View Post
This is Giuseppes daily reminder to CPFers that you are super awesome and God has a plan for you

*high five*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
The frequency with which I use the phrase "blows my mind" is directly proportional to the amount of time I spend seriously reading the Bible.
Laguna Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2015, 10:14 PM   #27
The Overheader

Well, I heard they ALREADY made apps for the Apple Watch. But, maybe that's because they made sure the watch would have apps. Or maybe it was just Apple.

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread

Unread 04-25-2015, 10:27 PM   #28
Basically... run.

paid
Well the watch wouldn't be useful without any apps...

Unread 04-25-2015, 10:32 PM   #29
The Overheader

Well, that's true. Many of these tech companies want to make tech watches. Like Smasung and Microsoft.

This Journal is Awesome!

First Ever Thread

Unread 04-26-2015, 07:02 PM   #30
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Samsung has been making watches for quite a while. Way longer than Apple.