Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Bass
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Heaberlin2010
A few questions.

So I've been playing bass itself for about 9 months now, I've played music since I was 6 years old. I have a few questions about technique and other things that I'll make clear.

First, do you guys have any good speed and finger independence exercises that you personally use. I got a pretty good slide and hammer on's. I use the spider exercise now and it's doing wonders for my dexterity and independence. I also do a exercise that really tests you, its hard to describe without going into extensive detail. It also has been helping me big time. However, I am looking for speed so I can get faster and more intense playing going on.

Second, my hope is to one day become a serious musician, I love youth ministry don't get me wrong its the best. I am one day playing to take this to the next level, it's been something I've been serious about since I was young, just sidetracked myself with stupid decisions and such. So my question is this, what do you guys as experienced ones, suggest I do to improve. This is pretty much an open question. (Practice is not an answer, I do 5 hours of that a day. Specific details.)

Third, I'm looking for more or less a mentor. Whether it would be over this or personal would be amazing. Just someone to give me guidance. They don't have to physically be here, could have multiple people, doesn't matter to me. I'm just all about that bass you could say hahaha.

Thanks guys, keep on shredding, keep on loving in Jesus name.

Heaberlin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-06-2015, 03:19 PM   #2

For faster attack on the bass I like using a Carbon Fiber Dunlop jazz iii pick. I play guitar mostly so that's all I can offer other than know the scales. God luck.
Unread 06-24-2015, 02:50 AM   #3

Hi, I too have been playing bass for less than a year - I'm off to try the spider exercises you talked about and if you have the time would be interested in:

Quote:
I also do a exercise that really tests you, its hard to describe without going into extensive detail. It also has been helping me big time.
SimonD is offline   Reply With Quote