Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #76
...more machine than man.

Pretty sure it's time to move out of PA. I haven't heard or seen a single instance of what you're describing.

People seem far more upset that manning didn't throw for 400, hit 3 TDs, and turn water into wine than they are about anything Cam or Cam related.

Add me on FaceBook

S.B.Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-10-2016, 11:26 PM   #77
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Nichols View Post
Pretty sure it's time to move out of PA. I haven't heard or seen a single instance of what you're describing.

People seem far more upset that manning didn't throw for 400, hit 3 TDs, and turn water into wine than they are about anything Cam or Cam related.
Ha ha, I've seen (and enjoyed) the meme comparing Manning's performance to that of the kid in the group project in school that doesn't contribute much, if anything, yet still gets an "A" on the grade card.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2016, 01:34 AM   #78
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerSteve
Ha ha, I've seen (and enjoyed) the meme comparing Manning's performance to that of the kid in the group project in school that doesn't contribute much, if anything, yet still gets an "A" on the grade card.
That's probably more credit than deserved. I'd be interested in seeing if Manning and Newton combined for the worst QB Rating in a Super Bowl of all time.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2016, 08:42 AM   #79
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Nichols View Post

I've heard plenty of it from people in the south too. I know people who supposedly pulled for the Panthers until they drafted Newton.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2016, 11:26 PM   #80
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
That's probably more credit than deserved. I'd be interested in seeing if Manning and Newton combined for the worst QB Rating in a Super Bowl of all time.
Manning had the 4th worst rating by a winning QB in a Super Bowl 56.6
Newton had a rating of 55.4, so together 112.

Way back in 1969, Johnny Unitas and Earl Morrell combined for a 51.3 rating (Johnny U =42.0 E. Morrell = 9.3) Different era however, in 2001 Trent Dilfer and Kerry Collins combined for a paltry 88.0 for the modern passing era.

The only winning quarterbacks that had a lower rating than Peyton this season, was Earl Morrell, John Elway and Ben Roethlisberger (the worst winner at 22.6 in 2006).
Unread 02-11-2016, 11:36 PM   #81
is still learning...

Just to add; Jake Delhomme, in 2004 put up a 113.6 in a losing effort! So his single rating was better than Peyton and Cam combined this year, but he still lost the game 32-29 to the Pats.
Unread 02-12-2016, 07:39 AM   #82
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerSteve View Post
Just to add; Jake Delhomme, in 2004 put up a 113.6 in a losing effort! So his single rating was better than Peyton and Cam combined this year, but he still lost the game 32-29 to the Pats.
They really should have won that game.
Unread 02-12-2016, 10:02 AM   #83

T. O. has first round hall of fame numbers but was not voted in. At least one person with a vote came out and stated that his disruptive influence in the locker room was the reason why. What do ya'll think? Personally I've always felt the hall of fame should be about what happens on the field. I'm sure he'll get in next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLtS8_opBNw
jthomas1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2016, 10:47 AM   #84
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas1600 View Post
T. O. has first round hall of fame numbers but was not voted in. At least one person with a vote came out and stated that his disruptive influence in the locker room was the reason why. What do ya'll think? Personally I've always felt the hall of fame should be about what happens on the field. I'm sure he'll get in next year.

Until Pete Rose gets in the baseball one...it's all a moot point.

But yes...I agree with you.
Unread 02-12-2016, 11:11 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Lebomanus View Post
Until Pete Rose gets in the baseball one...it's all a moot point.

But yes...I agree with you.
When I say "It should be about what happens on the field", Pete Rose is at the heart of that sentiment.
Unread 02-12-2016, 11:49 AM   #86
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas1600 View Post

I may be in the minority, but I like taking the overall approach and including off the field/court issues. Afterall, it's an honorary position, and it should include honorable actions. JMHO.
Unread 02-13-2016, 06:59 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerSteve View Post
I may be in the minority, but I like taking the overall approach and including off the field/court issues. Afterall, it's an honorary position, and it should include honorable actions. JMHO.
I don't completely disagree with that, but the TO thing is kind of a one off. He was never arrested, no PED's, no recreational drug issues, didn't beat his kids or knock his wife out in an elevator, didn't punch his quarter back and break his jaw, etc. If you listen to the hall of fame voters and the "experts" who agree with them, their beef is that he was "a me guy and not a team guy" and that he was disruptive in the locker room. They say that while he was putting up big numbers the teams he was on were actually worse because he was on them...that's kind of an impossible thing to prove.
Unread 02-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #88
is still learning...

I think you and I both agree a bit. I do believe that eventually he will get in the Hall, but for some writers/voters they were reluctant to make him a "first-ballot" hall-of-famer. In a way, making him serve some penance for his "me-first" attitude in what is a team sport. One of the greatest compliment a team player can receive is when someone says, he makes all the players around him better. There is also great talents that make the team chemistry worse, and therefore the team results suffer as well. I won't state equivocally that is the case with Owens, but his own teammates have intimated such.

Like I say, eventually I bet he goes in the hall.
Unread 02-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #89

And then there's this....

Lawsuit alleges Peyton Manning among Tennessee athletes who created "hostile sexual environment"
Unread 02-16-2016, 12:33 PM   #90
...more machine than man.

It's not the first time he's been accused of it.

Add me on FaceBook

S.B.Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote