Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-11-2015, 06:08 PM   #31
...more machine than man.

For being nasty cheaters, the Pats get fined a million dollars, lose two draft picks, and Tom has to sit 4 games. I contend that it should have been 6 games.

Add me on FaceBook

S.B.Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #32
Support Southern Rock

I think that's incredibly harsh to suspend Brady for probably knowing about something. That's nuts. And it didn't even help them.
Unread 05-11-2015, 08:36 PM   #33
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Local pundits are already predicting he gets it dropped down to two

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #34

It's not that harsh at all... Don't cheat. Doesn't matter if they needed it or not. Don't stinking cheat. And the report shows it wasn't just the one game...you can't really say they didn't benefit. According to the report he was basically encouraging it. That's no way for a future HOFer to act. It's no way for a franchise to act.

Ban him for life. Dismantle the Patriots. Send the franchise to London. The London Red Coats. I can live with that.

Add me on FaceBook

Unread 05-12-2015, 05:31 AM   #35
on rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Nichols View Post
Ban him for life. Dismantle the Patriots. Send the franchise to London. The London Red Coats. I can live with that.
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2015, 09:26 PM   #36

If I'm interpreting the meme correctly, you are the emperor, the defender of evil (the Pats), and you're telling me to embrace the hate. Only it's not hate, I'm only trying to save my father (football) from the darkside (dirty rotten cheaters).

It's not a perfect analogy, but I think I see what you've done there, and I approve.

Add me on FaceBook

Unread 05-13-2015, 07:24 AM   #37
on rye

Sure. Something like that.

Honest question: do you feel as strongly that Aaron Rodgers should now be investigated, punished, and (in your opinion) banned for life? He has apparently openly admitted to over-inflating footballs past what is allowed by the rules, and for his own advantage.
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2015, 11:43 AM   #38
Support Southern Rock

Speaking of Rodgers, how about his big win on Jeopardy last night? He beat Mark Kelly and Mr Wonderful.
Unread 05-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #39
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by normajean777 View Post
Speaking of Rodgers, how about his big win on Jeopardy last night? He beat Mark Kelly and Mr Wonderful.
Rodgers did well, but that was one of the most boring episodes of Celebrity Jeopardy I've ever watched.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2015, 07:04 PM   #40
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Honest question: do you feel as strongly that Aaron Rodgers should now be investigated, punished, and (in your opinion) banned for life? He has apparently openly admitted to over-inflating footballs past what is allowed by the rules, and for his own advantage.
The difference is that Aaron Rodgers is saying he has them overinflated BEFORE they are approved. The entire Brady scandal is that they had already been approved by the refs, then were deflated. I think there's a huge difference between hoping the refs don't notice, and purposely subverting the refs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
Rodgers did well, but that was one of the most boring episodes of Celebrity Jeopardy I've ever watched.
This. Monday's episode was great, though. Neil Flynn was incredible.
Unread 05-18-2015, 09:17 AM   #41
Ax
Rabid Wombat

I think the real issue is that presser with Brady looking smug and acting ______y about the whole thing. He lied, he joked around... that's what he's getting suspended for. Nobody cares about the deflated balls. If he'd just manned up, 250k fine and nobody would even remember it later.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2015, 07:10 PM   #42
is still learning...

I think the fine/suspension goes further than just deflated footballs, but also speaks to the larger climate of the franchise's willingness to engage in cheating at any level. Their recent history has begun to cost them, and other owners are likely to support Goodell in this instance.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2015, 04:52 PM   #43
is still learning...

Chip Kelly is finished at Philly. I understand that there comes a time when a coach and a franchise need to part ways, but in the last 3 years Kelly has really taken the Eagles a step backward, and the former coach, Andy Reid, has taken KC to the playoffs in 2 of those 3 years. I would question the ownership's decision making in Philly and that's much harder for a fan digest. Bad players, bad coaches, eventually can be replaced. A bad owner...usually just continues to be bad.

I'm ready for the playoffs to begin!
Unread 01-24-2016, 09:37 PM   #44
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator

Well, the Panthers made that look easy.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2016, 11:03 AM   #45
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
Well, the Panthers made that look easy.
I'm predicting a similar Super Bowl. Denver knows how those go, as they have been on the wrong end of some Subpar Bowls before.

I have to admit however, it would be nice to see Peyton go out on a winning note. Got a feeling this may be his last game in the NFL.