Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-11-2015, 09:45 AM   #16
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas1600 View Post
Well he's definitely not a top 10 guy. Some ranking sources have him as far down as 20th on their list. He's been in the NFL long enough that he probably is what he is. I guess it's just nothing to get excited about.

I see the Rams have picked up Case Keenum as well.
Foles is 25 and has only completed one season fairly healthy. A lot of people think he has big upside in the right system, but he just hasn't stayed healthy enough. He is 14-4 over the last two seasons though, and it's not like the Iggles have been great.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
Foles is 25 and has only completed one season fairly healthy. A lot of people think he has big upside in the right system, but he just hasn't stayed healthy enough. He is 14-4 over the last two seasons though, and it's not like the Iggles have been great.
So pretty much Sam Bradford? I guess that's my take on it. Bradford had all the potential in the world, couldn't put a full season together with out getting hurt. It just seems like a lateral move and not a significant move up.
jthomas1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #18
Administrator

Quote:
So pretty much Sam Bradford? I guess that's my take on it. Bradford had all the potential in the world, couldn't put a full season together with out getting hurt. It just seems like a lateral move and not a significant move up.
I'd put Foles way ahead of Bradford, but maybe Foles just had better tools available in PHI.

Bradford has never had a winning season. Foles has two. Bradford's career QBRating is 79.3. Foles is 94.2.

It might be not a huge move up, but the issue with Bradford is that he hasn't been on the field since 2013. It's definitely an improvement.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 03-11-2015, 02:27 PM   #19
Administrator

Ryan Mathews signs with the Iggles.

In other news, Ryan Mathews sprained his wrist while filling out his Iggles paperwork.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 03-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #20
...more machine than man.

Andre Johnson to the Colts!

Add me on FaceBook

S.B.Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2015, 06:43 PM   #21
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Freaking Colts...
Unread 04-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #22

Tim Tebow signed with the Eagles. I'll bet Mark Sanches is glad to see him.

It will be interesting to see if Tebow has been working on his fundamentals. It might also be interesting if he relinquishes and plays a different roll. Maybe plays a little full back with a few passing plays drawn up for him. At any rate he's only 27 with very few NFL miles on the tires so he still could have a career.

The circus is coming to town, the circus is coming to town, the circus is coming to town.....
Unread 04-20-2015, 10:31 AM   #23
Administrator

Quote:
Tim Tebow signed with the Eagles. I'll bet Mark Sanches is glad to see him.

It will be interesting to see if Tebow has been working on his fundamentals. It might also be interesting if he relinquishes and plays a different roll. Maybe plays a little full back with a few passing plays drawn up for him. At any rate he's only 27 with very few NFL miles on the tires so he still could have a career.

The circus is coming to town, the circus is coming to town, the circus is coming to town.....
Because he's going into Kelly's high-speed offense I can really see him finding a way to work into that system.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 04-21-2015, 09:34 AM   #24
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Because he's going into Kelly's high-speed offense I can really see him finding a way to work into that system.
Absolutely. It makes perfect sense to me.

I also heard some speculation yesterday on sports talk radio that Chip Kelley will use him in 2 point conversion situations.
Unread 04-21-2015, 03:55 PM   #25

There's still some speculation that the Eagles may try to trade up for Mariota as well. I always thought worst case scenario for Tebow was to back up a QB like Vick, Kapernek, RG III, etc. Those kind of guys are bound to miss a few games and with Tebow on the bench the playbook would not have to change for a few games when they got hurt. So a Tebow/Mariota pairing with a coach that likes that style might be perfect.
Unread 04-21-2015, 09:23 PM   #26
Deets Go Here

I like Tebow. I admit I am not big on the baggage that comes along with him, but I'm glad he's getting another shot. He's got to be better than Cutler or Flacco which have for some reason managed to stay in the NFL. I believe he would at least be more consistent.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2015, 12:55 AM   #27
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007
I like Tebow. I admit I am not big on the baggage that comes along with him, but I'm glad he's getting another shot. He's got to be better than Cutler or Flacco which have for some reason managed to stay in the NFL. I believe he would at least be more consistent.
Man. Have you watched Tebow? It's...interesting.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 04-22-2015, 06:06 AM   #28
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Man. Have you watched Tebow? It's...interesting.
It is interesting, but all of those are fairly inconsistent, but Tebow has to be the most consistent. IMHO.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2015, 08:47 AM   #29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007
It is interesting, but all of those are fairly inconsistent, but Tebow has to be the most consistent. IMHO.
Usually when people want a more consistent QB, they're not angling for consistently bad.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 04-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #30
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Usually when people want a more consistent QB, they're not angling for consistently bad.
Haha, truth.