Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > CGR Members' Art, Music & Literature
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-29-2015, 04:10 PM   #1

I am human after all

Like flowers in the storm, struggling to carry the wait of the rain.
Their pretty nature falls to the ground scattered by the forceful gusts of natures blows.
My face it often breaks. And all my strength is lying in the water from my eyes.
My hurts they seem like weights proving I am human after all.

I have never been a man who would sit in lofty positions and cast stones at the wrongs of others. I was and have most probably always been a man who would stretch out his hand and try to help people reach their God given potential. Yet when I am a man who sits staring at the sky because his mind is frozen and unable to function properly due to ill health, I become a man who is desperate to return to his old self.

A man feels lost when he has no direction and he cannot recall a single verse from his much worn out Bible to encourage his path even though he has spent years investing day after day in the searching through those verses. I am a man who struggles to remember what someone said to him just seconds ago. I am a man who cannot understand fully what people are trying to tell and just when this man thinks he is getting better and on the road to recovery, bang, he relapses and is wondering why he cant function properly.

Such are the limitations of our humanity that in the blink of an eye our world can come to pieces and seemingly slipping out of our tiring hands. All I can say is that I am so very glad that my life, heart, soul and mind are in the hand of another man who is not merely human in nature like my failing body and mind but He is a divine man, a forgiving man a man of honour and full of grace who makes His face to shine upon me. For even though I may not be able to think or see the future or way ahead, this Holy wonderful man, My Saviour has rescued me and is the one sure thing still in the very forefront of my mind. He is altogether lovely a wonderful sight of glowing graceful beauty, He stands there gleaming with arms wide open waiting for me to run to Him so that He can embrace me and comfort me through it all. He has made this simple weakened frail minded man a complete man in His own powerful and all consuming being.

Even though I cannot see it, He and I are one. He is Jesus, name above all names

Are the things we held closest to our heart.
smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links