Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Life Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-08-2014, 02:21 AM   #1
\_(ツ)_/

Advice over how to deal with something

So as some of you know, I moved into this "christian" place. Things have just started getting pretty weird... Someone keeps taking my food for example.

But last night was the weirdest. I'm used to noise at night (trains that pass by and people walking in the hallway), but last night was different. First someone started playing some really loud music at 1 am. It was VERY loud (I sleep with earplugs) and went to the kitchen to make noise. Around 5 it got even worse. Music was gone but someone was trying to get into my room (I lock my door at night) pretty violently. I decided it was wise not to open the door.

I was naturally not able to fall asleep after that, because I was just picturing the door breaking down or something. This morning the kitchen garbage bin was full of beer cans and pans (yes, pans!).

How should I deal with this?

Unread 12-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
Deets Go Here

Is there someone in charge of the place you're living? If there is, I would start with them first. Also, I would look at the lease or contract or whatever you may have signed to get into the place and see if there are some behavioral guidelines. That may help your case when you go to talk to someone about it.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
\_(ツ)_/

That's a good point. I'll look into that. The main reason why I have been cautious is because one of the guys (I have a theory that it is him that has something to do with all this), I was told when moving in, is moving out after new years, because his room is reserved for someone else. But I feel like it is reaching the limit of what I'm willing to tolerate
Unread 12-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrecl View Post
That's a good point. I'll look into that. The main reason why I have been cautious is because one of the guys (I have a theory that it is him that has something to do with all this), I was told when moving in, is moving out after new years, because his room is reserved for someone else. But I feel like it is reaching the limit of what I'm willing to tolerate
There is a difference in being a minor disturbance that occasionally happens and being belligerent.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Unread 12-08-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
\_(ツ)_/

Ok, I talked to one of the guys here (a really nice guy, the type of person I wish they all were). He was telling me that one of the guys always comes home drunk late at night after football matches and has a tendency to get into other peoples rooms (and apparently has scared some of the girls a few times).
Unread 12-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
That's creepy.

Is this guy definitely the one that will be gone soon?

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2014, 02:15 PM   #7
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash View Post
That's creepy.

Is this guy definitely the one that will be gone soon?
Agreed. It seems to me like there would be a potential for him to do or take something that they wouldn't want to put up. That's just my opinion though.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Unread 12-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
\_(ツ)_/

No, it isn't him that is moving out. Glad it isn't just me that finds it disturbing...
Unread 12-08-2014, 10:20 PM   #9
OG Spinning Chinchilla
Administrator

That's super freaky. I'd be looking for a new place to live.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2014, 11:03 PM   #10
ITALICS
Administrator

paid
Noise is one thing. A belligerent drunk man trying to break into people's bedrooms is another. No wonder some of the women are scared!

I agree with bravesfan - talk to your building manager/supervisor right away, and check your rental agreement. Depending on the details of what's happening, a police report may also be in order - I certainly would be filing one.
mtlmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2014, 02:21 AM   #11
recovering user

Next time open the door and hit him with some pepper spray. He needs to learn that this isn't acceptable behavior. People don't learn if there are never any consequences.

It's like a spray bottle for cats, but with more pain.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2014, 06:49 AM   #12
Be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlmouth View Post
Noise is one thing. A belligerent drunk man trying to break into people's bedrooms is another. No wonder some of the women are scared!

I agree with bravesfan - talk to your building manager/supervisor right away, and check your rental agreement. Depending on the details of what's happening, a police report may also be in order - I certainly would be filing one.
Seriously.

Also... Does your door not have a peephole? Ask to have one.

Things may be different because of our different situations but... If someone so much as touches my door at 5 am, I'm going to be talking to the police. You have a right to be secure in your home and I suggest you use whatever legal means are at your disposal to ensure other people learn that lesson.