Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-18-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
MLB 2015

Trade season is upon us guys. MLB 2015 is LIVE!

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-18-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
whatsisthisidonteven

So...The Jays got Martin, for pretty big bucks.

Does this mean Rogers might actually open the pocketbook for real this year? Please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
...Jesus?
SporkV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #3
leafy greens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkV View Post
So...The Jays got Martin, for pretty big bucks.

Does this mean Rogers might actually open the pocketbook for real this year? Please?
I can't believe we paid for a position we're stocked at while letting Cabrera walk. Unreal.

"And I don't see my brokeness anymore, when I'm seated at the table of the Lord" - Leeland
tmlfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
Deets Go Here

Let's not talk about the Braves trading Heyward. I mean, I know that he would probably walk after next season, but still. He's a home town guy and for a risky pitcher. And now, we're looking at losing Gattis for more pitching? I know pitching has been a real let down lately, but I think the bigger let down has been the abysmal performance of some of the offense and we're trading some of the more consistent offense we have had.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2014, 01:15 PM   #5
whatsisthisidonteven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlfan123 View Post
I can't believe we paid for a position we're stocked at while letting Cabrera walk. Unreal.
Not sure i'd say we're "stocked"...we have a couple of pretty mediocre MLB catchers, and some lower level/hurt prospects
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
...Jesus?
SporkV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007
Let's not talk about the Braves trading Heyward. I mean, I know that he would probably walk after next season, but still. He's a home town guy and for a risky pitcher. And now, we're looking at losing Gattis for more pitching? I know pitching has been a real let down lately, but I think the bigger let down has been the abysmal performance of some of the offense and we're trading some of the more consistent offense we have had.
Right now, as in, two year analysis, I feel like the Heyward for Miller trade is pretty even. The problem is long term. Heyward has tremendous upside, but hasn't broken out yet. Miller has been consistent, but has some big long-term efficacy questions around him.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #7
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
Right now, as in, two year analysis, I feel like the Heyward for Miller trade is pretty even. The problem is long term. Heyward has tremendous upside, but hasn't broken out yet. Miller has been consistent, but has some big long-term efficacy questions around him.
Heyward wasn't going to re-sign with the Braves, he wanted to, but they weren't able or willing to commit that kind of money to a guy who hasn't lived up to his potential, we're not in that kind of position in Atlanta.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #8
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
Heyward wasn't going to re-sign with the Braves, he wanted to, but they weren't able or willing to commit that kind of money to a guy who hasn't lived up to his potential, we're not in that kind of position in Atlanta.
On the other hand, he has lived up to his potential more than other players we have on the roster right now.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Unread 11-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #9
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post
On the other hand, he has lived up to his potential more than other players we have on the roster right now.
[ cough ] Freddie Freeman, Julio Teheran, Andrelton Simmons, Craig Kimbrel, Alex Wood [ / cough ]

First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Public Blog

Unread 11-20-2014, 03:39 PM   #10
Deets Go Here

Quote:
[ cough ] Freddie Freeman, Julio Teheran, Andrelton Simmons, Craig Kimbrel, Alex Wood [ / cough ]
[ hock ] BJ Upton [ /hock ]

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Unread 11-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #11
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
[ hock ] BJ Upton [ /hock ]
Not really sure what the expectations or potential were for a 30 year old center fielder who was already known to be streaky and inconsistent. I also think when you talk about potential, you should mainly talk about people that were products of your farm system. Every one of the ones I mentioned were raised through the Braves farm system.

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Unread 11-21-2014, 07:57 AM   #12
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Not really sure what the expectations or potential were for a 30 year old center fielder who was already known to be streaky and inconsistent. I also think when you talk about potential, you should mainly talk about people that were products of your farm system. Every one of the ones I mentioned were raised through the Braves farm system.
Right, but I would much rather be paying Heyward Upton's salary than giving it to Upton.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Unread 11-21-2014, 08:22 AM   #13
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Right, but I would much rather be paying Heyward Upton's salary than giving it to Upton.
Well, that's not an option.

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Unread 11-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #14
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Well, that's not an option.
Yeah I know. Seems like they're also shopping Justin Upton. I am curious what is going to happen to BJ. I wonder if they'll drop him like Uggla.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Unread 11-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #15
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Yeah I know. Seems like they're also shopping Justin Upton. I am curious what is going to happen to BJ. I wonder if they'll drop him like Uggla.
Probably not, probably bench him or try to fix him.

Current Rig:

Public Blog