Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-11-2014, 05:21 PM   #16

So the Lakers are 1-5. I think this is in some part because Kobe is not a very good team mate and in larger part because he insisted on a huge contract instead of being willing to free up money to bring young talent to the team. Do you think this is hurting his legacy? Do you think it should be considered when when it's all said and done and his career is being evaluated to see where he stands among the greats?

jthomas1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #17
Ax
Rabid Wombat

The Hawks are both the best sports team in Atlanta, and the best (debatable) team in the NBA. I don't know that such a thing has ever happened to the Hawks.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2015, 10:08 AM   #18
Hipper Than Thou
Administrator

Kevin Garnett ejected for head butting Dwight Howard.

These guys need to act like adults...seriously.

I expect MUCH more from a bunch of overpaid men playing a game.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2015, 11:37 PM   #19
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Hawks win streak has now reached 12. They had a nine or a ten earlier this season. Ballin'.

First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Public Blog

Unread 04-23-2015, 08:03 AM   #20
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Hawks 2-0 against the Nets in the first playoff series. And they played horribly because they basically took the last month off after clinching the number one spot. I hope we sweep. And I hope that momentum gets everybody back in crisp form.

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Unread 04-23-2015, 12:42 PM   #21
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
I think the Warriors might be historically good. I'm not sure they can be stopped in a 7 game series.
Unread 04-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #22
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
I think the Warriors might be historically good. I'm not sure they can be stopped in a 7 game series.
This year's team is tied for 6th all time in single season total wins.

I think the Spurs might be able to hang with them. They've just been able to wear out teams, They're also the only team in the NBA that has a winning record against GS this season.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2015, 01:52 PM   #23
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
This year's team is tied for 6th all time in single season total wins.

I think the Spurs might be able to hang with them. They've just been able to wear out teams, They're also the only team in the NBA that has a winning record against GS this season.
The only round in which the Warriors and Spurs could play is the Conference Finals. The Spurs are the #6 seed in the West, which means they'll be the road team for every series. In NBA history, only four teams that were not a 1, 2 or 3 seed have been to the NBA Finals. I mean... the Spurs COULD do it. If any team could, I suppose it's them. But history certainly isn't on their side.
Unread 04-23-2015, 04:06 PM   #24

Tim Duncan was crazy good last night. The Spurs are really deep and really experienced. They could pull it off.

The Rockets looked really good in their last game. Had a little dunk fest.

It's hard to say how good the top three teams in the east are since they are basically playing J V teams.... teams 6, 7, and 8 all have winning percentages of .500 or less.
Unread 04-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #25
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Competition in the East is so... pathetic. And it has been for far too long. I remember, I think it was 2002, when my Kings were actually good. They didn't lose a single game to an Eastern Conference team.

Those were the days...
Unread 04-26-2015, 03:58 PM   #26

Are the Cavs in trouble? They swept their series so they have a little time to regroup and figure things out, but Kevin Love suffered a dislocated shoulder. He may be able to play in a week or when ever the next series starts, but I doubt he will practice and certainly this will effect his play--and there's always the chance he can't play at all. On top of this J R Smith who has been good for about 10 points a game will almost certainly be suspended for taking a blind swing and basically knocking another player out.
Unread 06-17-2015, 11:09 AM   #27
The Story Teller

Well congrats to the Warriors, I had my doubts but they pulled it off
"When you say there's too much evil in this world you assume there's good. When you assume there's good, you assume there's such a thing as a moral law on the basis of which to differentiate between good and evil. But if you assume a moral law, you must posit a moral Law Giver, but that's Who you're trying to disprove and not prove. Because if there's no moral Law Giver, there's no moral law. If there's no moral law, there's no good. If there's no good, there's no evil. What is your question?" ó Ravi Zacharias
Caged Love is offline   Reply With Quote