Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #16

My 2005 Les Paul Standard and my Martin 000 - 17sm. Sold them both this past year when my wife closed her business and was unemployed.

Egnater Rebel 20 Head
Orange 1x12 Cab
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special 1x12 Combo
Keeley moded TS9
EHX Soul food
Boss RT 20
VP jr
Wah
Diamond Memory Lane 2

southernman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #17

Gibson GK55, Gibson SG, and Gretsch Tennessean.
elliotz18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #18
Old School
Administrator

I have yet to own an electric that I was smitten with. I keep looking.

The closest I come is passing on the chance to buy my father-in-law's Mosrite when he pawned it off years ago. I REALLY wish I had bought it.

It was THIS model. Same color and everything. It did have some scuffs and scrapes...but still.

My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2014, 05:58 AM   #19

I had an FG700S (Yamaha) with ultra low action and a beautiful pattern to the wood. I bought if for $150 and learned a lot about setting guitars up by using that guitar as a test bed before cutting, filing and sanding my $500+ guitars. I sold it for $150 to a substitute teacher at my school who says all her husband's friends who play guitar cannot believe how well it plays and its sound for the price. Also, I let my Shubb capo go with it.
Attached Thumbnails
img-20120405-00023.jpg  

Yamaha LL16MARE AC3R LLX6A CPX700iiS-12 FGX730SCA SLG100S Revstar 502T FG230 Pacifica012 Revstar 320 Weddington Special PSRE433

Conrad Resonator

Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI

Ibanez EDB405

Peavey VYPRY VIP 2 Sanpera I TKO 115
Epiphone Valve Jr combo
Vox Night Train G2 CH1
Yamaha THR5

TC Electronics Ditto Vocalist Live 3 MXR Carbon Copy
Electro Harmonix Boost L.R. Baggs Para Acoustic DI

Yamaha MG82CX MG16XU MSR400 Kustom PA50 KPC210MP

Blue Encore 100 200 Heil PR20 EV Cobalt Co9 MXL 990/991 Sennheiser E935 AKG D5LX
mathminnick31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2014, 08:39 AM   #20
Heaven isn't too far away

Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernman View Post
My 2005 Les Paul Standard and my Martin 000 - 17sm. Sold them both this past year when my wife closed her business and was unemployed.
I sold a pair of my nicest Les Pauls back in the mid '90s because of growing bills and such. Sometimes we have to make the tough but wise choices to stay afloat.

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2015, 12:45 PM   #21

See avatar.
mikesr1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 05:44 AM   #22

I'm a school teacher, so I get the month of July off every year. As kind of a hobby, I scour craigslist in the summer to find cheap but playable acoustics for students. The music teacher offers guitar classes and some of the guitars the kids learn on are nearly unplayable. The action on some is so bad you could fit your hand between the strings and the fretboard. Anyway, I picked up a couple in the past few years that I gave to serious students, but maybe I wish I hadn't . One was a Yamaha FG-04ltd, and the other was a Tacoma DM09. Both were fantastic guitars at any price. I know the students who have them play the guitars regularly, but I kinda sorta wish I still had them.
darfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #23
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by darfaz
I'm a school teacher, so I get the month of July off every year. As kind of a hobby, I scour craigslist in the summer to find cheap but playable acoustics for students. The music teacher offers guitar classes and some of the guitars the kids learn on are nearly unplayable. The action on some is so bad you could fit your hand between the strings and the fretboard. Anyway, I picked up a couple in the past few years that I gave to serious students, but maybe I wish I hadn't . One was a Yamaha FG-04ltd, and the other was a Tacoma DM09. Both were fantastic guitars at any price. I know the students who have them play the guitars regularly, but I kinda sorta wish I still had them.
i remember when Tacomas were the rage. Haven't thought about them for awhile though.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2015, 01:24 PM   #24
Tired of being attacked

'64 guild starfire.
'77 gibson lp special.

Oddly, I sold the '77 to the guy who originally bought it new in '77 at Talbot. He saw my ad, (I was short on cash and had half a dozen higher priced guitars for sale to sell any 2) and asked about an impression on the 12th fret's side that was not pictured. He offered a good price and I couldn't say no. The guild I traded for an amp that was worth more than the guitar, and in both instances I made a smart decision, but I still miss those guitars.

I almost sold my SLO to buy my house. My wife wouldn't let me.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2015, 01:05 AM   #25

A bunch of them...

I can think of at least 3 USA Strats that I've traded or sold. A Gibson SG Standard. A really cool Gibson Les Paul Studio, that had an ebony fingerboard (most Studios come w/rosewood.) and trapezoid inlays instead of dots..
3 different Charvels. A USA Jackson Randy Rhoads (that I still kick myself for selling.) And finally, a PRS Singlecut, which I traded for a Splawn Quickrod. I love the amp, but still miss that guitar.

Oh well, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, right?
buckeyesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2015, 09:34 AM   #26

Orange Les paul standard faded, or a prs strat style I got On clearance at gc dallas for 900. I had a firebird for about 3 days that never even got plugged in. It's sad to think of the guitars I've had that I didn't appreciate. Now I have a mexi strat and just got gifted a 60's gretsch corvette that I'm going to hotrod
jwbrownlula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2015, 12:16 AM   #27
Live life on island time

A '62 reissue Jazzmaster in perfect condition I traded for a Gibson Les Paul classic
still haunts me
JayGLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2015, 05:57 PM   #28
Here Kitty, Kitty!!!

My guitars were not sold but rather stolen from me. One was a Memphis Les Paul copy in black with a burn mark on the front where I tried to set it on fire (I was young and stupid and it was a $50 guitar) and my first guitar ever, a graduation present from my mom, a Yamaha FG 360. I'd sell any of the guitars I have now to get either one back especially with the case I had the FG in. It had all the stickers on it from my favorite Christian bands and, I think, looked pretty boss.
JoshGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2015, 04:34 AM   #29

Ibanez PR1550, I owned 3 or 4 guitars at the time and needed to raise a little cash for our wedding, I knew that one would sell the quickest so it was done (also sold off the bulk of my pedal board) Everything about that guitar was great but My wedding was a great day and my Wife is pretty awesome, I have never seen another Pro Line series guitar since I sold that one
aljb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2016, 11:16 PM   #30

My wife surprised me years ago with a white 1987 Les Paul Standard with beige binding. I had to sell it around 2008 to cover some bills. Wish I had it back as it saddened me that I had to sell it.
Ratmaster is offline   Reply With Quote