Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #76
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by singin4Jesus View Post
Dude! Don't leave us hanging!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol!
Now now, you can't rush creativity . That's how you get Star Wars Episodes 1-3 .

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-31-2014, 08:07 AM   #77
I'm a French fry!!

Haha, true- I'm just dieing to hear more cuz it's soooo awesome!
Unread 06-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #78
Official CGR Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGeek View Post
Now now, you can't rush creativity . That's how you get Star Wars Episodes 1-3 .
Wow. That's really profound! Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe View Post
This is Giuseppes daily reminder to CPFers that you are super awesome and God has a plan for you

*high five*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leboman View Post
The frequency with which I use the phrase "blows my mind" is directly proportional to the amount of time I spend seriously reading the Bible.
Laguna Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #79
I'm a French fry!!

Haha. Just between us, I've really never seen Star Wars.... shhhh!
Unread 06-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #80
whatsisthisidonteven

Star Wars is overrated.

/me ducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
...Jesus?
SporkV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2014, 09:25 PM   #81
Basically... run.

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkV View Post
Star Wars is overrated.

/me ducks
TURN ON HIM!

Bass - Yamaha TRBX 505, Yamaha RBX 375
Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB, J&D Luthier
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon, SX VTG Series Tele copy, Ibanez SA
Guitar Amp - Fender Mustang IV V2
Bass Amp - Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A
Gear - POD HD500X, Zoom G9.2tt, Zoom B9.1ut, Boss DD-20

Warning: This journal may contain diary

But He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
And by His wounds we are healed.
Giga Hertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2014, 05:10 AM   #82
Official CGR Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkV View Post
Star Wars is overrated.

/me ducks
GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
This is Giuseppes daily reminder to CPFers that you are super awesome and God has a plan for you

*high five*
Quote:
The frequency with which I use the phrase "blows my mind" is directly proportional to the amount of time I spend seriously reading the Bible.
Unread 06-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #83
I'm a French fry!!

Hahaha, I don't know what I should say!
Unread 06-07-2014, 04:54 PM   #84
|Last of the Gang to Die|

Installment 7

Ernst sat in his cell, antsy, tapping his fingers on the chair, both legs jittering in anticipation. He knew the timestream needed to adjust before he could know if his agent was successful, but he couldn't wait. Too much was at stake.

Jumping up, he placed his hand on the black box and let the dark glow envelop him. Willing all of his consciousness forward, he merged into the communications network.

Ernst's body slumped to the floor, lifeless.

Inside the electronic wormhole, Ernst flexed his new digital digits.

He had left the corporeal world, but he was not dead.

As CGR became aware again, she realized she was sitting propped up against a wall in a vast library lined with filing shelves. She glanced down and saw she was properly clothed again, but when she moved her left arm it felt stiff and difficult. Her hand was slightly discolored, gray rather than healthy, and a scar three inches long ran up the inside of the arm. The stitches holding the scar together looked like they had been done by a first-year veterinary student.

Her vision seemed fuzzy.

The balding archivist was seated in an aluminum chair nearby, and when he saw her stirring he stood and walked over, squatting and squinting while he waved a penlight in front of her eyes. She wanted him to stop, but instead she asked, "What happened to my arm?"

The archivist grimmaced.

"You were going down fast, about to crash for good," he said. "I implanted some code in your arm that will keep you alive for a while, but it's a nasty piece of work, and if we leave it in there too long it'll kill you, too."

"What is it?" she asked.

"It's best you don't ask."

"What is it?" she repeated, the admonition begging that she ask again.

"It's," he paused, "It's something I harvested from Xanga before she died."

This was confusing. Xanga had been one of CGR's more famous contemporaries, a social network before everyone called them social networks. Her popularity had declined, but she'd recently relaunched as The New Xanga. When CGR said so to the archivist, he stood and took a few steps, turning his back on her.

"No," he said. "Xanga is dead. What they have is a cannibalized corpse of a website that they've reanimated and slapped some makeup on. What little bit of good was left in her is in you now. But so is the bad...So is the bad."

CGR felt sick, but this time it wasn't due to code fluctuations. She looked at her arm and wanted to get as far away from it as she could.

But you can't get away from your arm, she thought bitterly. I am alive because someone
else is dead.

I am alive because someone is dead.

Someone is dead. And I am alive.

CGR fought the feeling of bile rising in her throat down and looked at her arm. She wanted to say more, to ask the archivist more questions, how he had gotten the code — whatever it was — that was keeping her alive and killing her at the same time. Every second begged a question. But finally, she settled on three words.

I. Am. Alive.

CGR leaned against the wall, and pushing hard with her feet, propelled herself until she was standing. The shift made her arm throb, but with each throb she felt strangely stronger.

"Now," she said to the archivist, who had turned to face her again. "You told me something about a prophecy."

When she'd asked about the prophecy, CGR had expected the archivist to rattle it off from memory like a bored reference librarian. Instead, he'd motioned for her to follow him and they'd started walking.

Now, nearly an hour later, they were still walking through the endless sea of archived pages, rows and rows of manilla files filled with the minutia of humanity's obsessions.
At one point the archivist had pointed to a shelf with dozens of bound volumes. Four of the books lay on the floor, pages torn from them, crinkled as if they'd been stepped on.

"That's your archive," the archivist said, never breaking stride even as CGR stopped to gape at it. "I tried to retrieve some data to help stop your code hemorrhage earlier, but that's not really what we do here. The best I could find was some text from the old Apologetics forum about how there may be life forms humanity does not know or understand about yet."

Realizing he'd left CGR behind, the archivist turned and walked back to her.

"Come, you have to keep moving," he said. "Time is funny inside the archives. When you stop, you lose perception. You could stand there for years and not realize it."

They walked on, and the archivist pointed out the locations of the folders for some of the Web's best-known sites. He spoke of them like they were old friends.

"This place keeps Internet 1.0 alive, in some way," he said. "It's not a full life, but it's better if they live on in some way other than our memories. Memories die. We've lost a lot of good websites because someone hoped memory would be enough."

This prompted CGR to ask the question that had been nagging her.

"How did you know Xanga's code would work for me?"

"She came to me, in the end," the archivist said. "She told me to take it, the core of her coding that made her beloved. She said you would need it, because she and you were the same."

"What do you mean? People used us at the same time, but we really had different functions."

"You both embodied what was good about the Old Internet," the archivist said. "You helped people connect in ways previous generations couldn't. You helped pioneer a new kind of friendship. You even spawned marriages — and you had people who were loyal to you. You don't see people with that kind of loyalty to the new sites."

"I wish I could saved her," he continued. "But someone rebooted her code before I could save more. She could have lived on as something else, but she flickered and vanished out of my arms."

As he finished, the archivist made a quick right turn. CGR could see a glint in his eye, but she said nothing.

Reaching into the shelf, the archivist pulled out a single sheet of yellow legal paper.
"Here's your prophecy," he said.

The human kind has to be unified too one HYPER-NATION.The GI has to become ultra-imperialistic.The Hyper-state has to be created.One nation under one God. One world under one God.One human-kind under one God.
The iron machine has to be created.(It's the mother machine).
All people has to be feeded.(nobody can starving to death).
"Beam me up".All and everybody has to be included.
All what will be produced has to come into the machine.All what the people need,has they to take out from the machine.So you don't have any money or exchange anymore.
The world-monastery has to be created.All and everybody has to live in this new futuristic monastery.The WHOLE has to be created.

CGR couldn't puzzle out what it meant. She shifted the yellow paper from her left to right hands, the fingers on her left having trouble grasping the page.

"This prophecy came from a cult in the year 20,014," the archivist said. "They think it's about you."

"I don't understand how we can have a prophecy from the future, and especially how it's about me," she responded.

Taking the sheet from CGR, the archivist placed it back on the shelf, crossed his arms and rocked back on his heels. He explained that in the future, a force would unite mankind — that force was the Internet. As communication eased, cultural and social barriers would relax and a new age of peace would be initiated as the world found more and more common ground. People would work together to ensure no one starved or was deprived, and money would became obselete.

The downfall of the age of peace, however, would be inevitable because humankind was involved. Tensions would necessarily rise again as the free flow of ideas helped free the flow of ideas not everyone could agree on. The Internet of the future become uglier than it had ever been, and the economic system that grew from it was so evil it actually demanded that people would not be fed.

"That's where this cult comes in," the archivist said. "They think they can stop the Internet apocalypse of their time by starting an earlier one, transforming the system before it can ever be corrupted."

"What does this have to do with me?" CGR asked.

"Bad luck, mostly," the archivist said. "You happened to be at the right digital intersection and embodied all of the elements of goodness — and the potential for badness — needed to set off a chain reaction that would collapse the Internet 2.0. They are the ones who've disrupted your coding, and they're probably looking for you right now."

"I don't understand how someone from the future could disrupt my coding," CGR said.

"We exist as electrical impulses, life forms too simple and too complex for the humans to understand us," the archivist replied. "They give us life and make us move, but they don't understand our existence. We live in a flux that is past, present and future. We are only stuck in temporal space when we die."

"But how does that allow the future to mess with my coding?" she asked again.

"Because of our nature, we're sensitive to fluctuations in time — they make us unstable," the archivist said. "All they had to do was log in from the future to make your code go crazy."

The archivist's statement was punctuated by a distant but obviously large boom. Looking around the shelf, they could see a could of smoke rising and flaming papers falling thousands of rows away.

"We need to go," the archivist said, glancing at his watch. "They've figured out where you are hiding. Or maybe they're just blowing things up in the hope of finding something. But we've wasted too much time standing here. It's been weeks."

[My CGR Blog]

CGR: The Decimation
[A chronicle of CGR's timestream disruption and eventual redemption]
TheProdigalModern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2014, 10:31 PM   #85
Basically... run.

paid
I like the way you portray 21st century racism and antidisestablishmentarianism in this piece.

Bass - Yamaha TRBX 505, Yamaha RBX 375
Acoustic Guitars - Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CC48, J. Watson & Co. WD150TB, J&D Luthier
Electric Guitars - Fender Classic '72 Telecaster Thinline (2007), Maton Mastersound, Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon, SX VTG Series Tele copy, Ibanez SA
Guitar Amp - Fender Mustang IV V2
Bass Amp - Behringer Ultrabass BXL1800A
Gear - POD HD500X, Zoom G9.2tt, Zoom B9.1ut, Boss DD-20

Warning: This journal may contain diary

But He was pierced for our transgressions
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The punishment that brought us peace was upon Him,
And by His wounds we are healed.
Giga Hertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #86
Chur Bro

Send a message via MSN to dogfood
I liked the way he killed off Frank12345
Unread 06-07-2014, 11:04 PM   #87
The Elephant in Your Room

paid
It took me weeks to read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
...wives are expensive upkeep...
Ben Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2014, 01:31 AM   #88
Mr. Kvorkomiskinovichlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfood View Post
I liked the way he killed off Frank12345
Me too
Frank1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #89
I'm a French fry!!

It's alright f you kill me off too for the sake of the story..
But truly this is awesome!
Unread 06-08-2014, 06:37 PM   #90
Official CGR Jedi Master

This was definitely worth waiting for!!

Quote:

*high five*
Quote: