LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-22-2014, 12:44 PM   #16
Art
Superfly.

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
@dogfood, @Ben Toast @mtlmouth @Art: #NO
Funny and all, but please give a reason.

Unread 05-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #17
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Funny and all, but please give a reason.
Because it would be an annoying eyesore. Maybe if we had a more facebook tagging system where you can do it withouth the @'s I'd be okay with it. But honestly the more facebook and twitter-like CGR becomes, the reason for it's existence lessens.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 01:15 PM   #18
Administrator
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax
Because it would be an annoying eyesore. Maybe if we had a more facebook tagging system where you can do it withouth the @'s I'd be okay with it. But honestly the more facebook and twitter-like CGR becomes, the reason for it's existence lessens.
I don't think this small concession, which would likely facilitate better participation within the community, would spell the end of CGR. CGR still allows for a degree of interaction and discussion that more popular social media sites don't accommodate.
mtlmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #19
OG Spinning Chinchilla
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlmouth
I don't think this small concession, which would likely facilitate better participation within the community, would spell the end of CGR. CGR still allows for a degree of interaction and discussion that more popular social media sites don't accommodate.
Agree.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 04:10 PM   #20
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlmouth View Post
From a technical standpoint, I don't think it'd work very well anyways since we allow spaces in our names. Again, I'd be okay with a facebook style mentioning, I just don't want to see @ and # signs everywhere. They're ugly and dumb.

First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Public Blog

Unread 05-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #21
Ax
Rabid Wombat

But I would like to also say that I would like to be able to turn those notifications off. Because I would.

And this is all presupposing somebody wants to write a patch for this anyways and spend the time testing and developing and rolling it out to this website. Not to be critical, but we can't even get a forum restructure done, so I'll stop complaining about it because it's not going to happen anyways.

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Unread 05-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #22
Art
Superfly.

paid
The patch already exists, it would just need implementation.

I ask for your critiques because I seriously want to hear why people do or don't want this. Right now, I tend to agree with Leighanna.

But to be clear, I am interested in the implementation of @ tags, and NOT # tags. We are already discussing it in the admin forum, but input here is still very welcome.
Unread 05-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #23
Administrator
Administrator

paid
I'm guessing it's a smaller thing to implement than a forum restructure, too.
mtlmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #24
طعام الكلب

Send a message via MSN to dogfood
Do it!!!!!!

purred dogfood.
Unread 05-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #25
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
The patch already exists, it would just need implementation.

I ask for your critiques because I seriously want to hear why people do or don't want this. Right now, I tend to agree with Leighanna.

But to be clear, I am interested in the implementation of @ tags, and NOT # tags. We are already discussing it in the admin forum, but input here is still very welcome.
[ Dr. Cox Rant ]

Fine, if I'm in the minority, I'm in the minority. But know that at least half the reason I come here is to get away from all the BS notifications on Facebook and Twitter. If the patch doesn't include the option to turn it off, it might seriously cause me to go on another hiatus.

But that's assuming people would ever mention me in the first place. And I'm the kind of guy to make it very clear that I will never ever ever ever ever ever respond when "summoned" in this fashion. [ /Dr. Cox Rant ]

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Unread 05-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #26
طعام الكلب

Send a message via MSN to dogfood
I still want it. Im alwsys forgetting where I post. Some threads like certain blogs have too many replies before I get back to them.

This could also increase traffic as well as ppl respond more often to each other.

purred dogfood.
Unread 05-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #27
Art
Superfly.

paid
By the way one caveat that I would want attached to this is that posts that only have an @ mention are not acceptable. For example, I've seen entire comment sections on Facebook where 90% or more of the comments are just tagging people to go look. I do not like that, and it is the kind of clutter I do not want to see here. However, if I asked a question in my blog about baseball, and wanted some opinions, I might toss @thesteve and @AX on there. Of course, not @AX, since I know you don't want to deal with that.
Unread 05-22-2014, 11:12 PM   #28
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
But what if you JUST want someone to stop by and look?

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2014, 05:55 AM   #29
Art
Superfly.

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
But what if you JUST want someone to stop by and look?
Then this, in my opinion, isn't the answer.
Unread 05-23-2014, 06:50 AM   #30
Deets Go Here

Is the option of requiring a specific amount of characters before using the @ function even a possibility? Or, are we talking about something that wouldn't even work?

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Hertz View Post
I would throw any bro under the bus for a Cheeto. Or a ho for that matter.

Not like a ho ho, mind you. Like a godly ho.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None