Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #31
Post Prehistoric

paid
Send a message via Skype™ to AlphaSigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrabby View Post
Absolutely. He was by far the best and most consistent player last year, on offense or defense.

Also--

HOLY CRAP WE GOT CORTLAND FINNEGAN!

I love this guy. Yeah, he's an obnoxious PITA, but I've been known to watch Titans and Rams games just to see this guy pick fights with superstar wideouts.
Of course, I loved Richie Incognito for the same reasons, and we all know how that turned out...
Cortland is washed out these past few years. Not nearly the player he was in Tennessee. Rams gave him a huge deal. It's pretty telling to me to see his old coach Fischer (Both at Ten and STL) let him walk.

You put on his tape (NFL Rewind) These past few years, he looks very Chris Cook-esque.

“Life is a river. Rivers are always changing. We are always supposed to be changing, evolving, and growing, always supposed to be getting deeper in our relationship with God. There’s always more to go, always more to grow, always more to learn.”
AlphaSigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-14-2014, 05:59 PM   #32
Band

Send a message via AIM to MrCrabby Send a message via MSN to MrCrabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSigma View Post
Cortland is washed out these past few years. Not nearly the player he was in Tennessee. Rams gave him a huge deal. It's pretty telling to me to see his old coach Fischer (Both at Ten and STL) let him walk.

You put on his tape (NFL Rewind) These past few years, he looks very Chris Cook-esque.
I agree he's lost a step (or three), but the Dolphins don't need him to be a shutdown corner, they need a strong, fiery, veteran presence to mentor the two CBs they got in the draft last year (who barely made it on the field all season). In that regard, I think they got exactly what they needed.
MrCrabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #33
Post Prehistoric

paid
I was surprised the Philbin and Ireland shipped Vontae Davis to the colts. He seemed like a rising star for the Dophins.
“Life is a river. Rivers are always changing. We are always supposed to be changing, evolving, and growing, always supposed to be getting deeper in our relationship with God. There’s always more to go, always more to grow, always more to learn.”
Unread 03-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #34
Band

Send a message via AIM to MrCrabby Send a message via MSN to MrCrabby
He certainly could have been. Unfortunately he seemed lazy and often ill-prepared. After the lockout, it was obvious he hadn't been working out on his own, as he struggled with conditioning and cramps for half of the season(!). Now, Sean Smith I thought we would hang onto. He had all the physical tangibles, but he never could put his game together consistently.
I'm actually sorry that we let Dimitry Patterson go. He was great when he was on the field, he just...wasn't on the field very much.
MrCrabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #35
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSigma View Post
For sure, but I would venture to say that The Broncos would have beat the 49ers.
I think there's ZERO chance that would have happened.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #36
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
I think there's ZERO chance that would have happened.
This. The 49ers and Seahawks are built to be very much alike. There's no reason to think the 49ers wouldn't have done exactly what the Seahawks did, in my opinion. Also, yes, I think the Panthers were better, as well as the Cardinals.
Unread 03-14-2014, 10:34 PM   #37
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
This. The 49ers and Seahawks are built to be very much alike. There's no reason to think the 49ers wouldn't have done exactly what the Seahawks did, in my opinion. Also, yes, I think the Panthers were better, as well as the Cardinals.
Meh... Wilson over Kaepernick every day of the week. But defensively, sure.

First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Public Blog

Unread 03-15-2014, 12:37 AM   #38
Post Prehistoric

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Except for the main difference between Seattle and San Fran. (which was apparent in all three of their meetings this past season) is at QB. Kaepernick had two games all season, in which he threw for over 300 yards and averaged less than 2 total TDs per game.

Also when you take into account that Bowman wouldn't have played in the superbowl, is a huge loss.

I'm sorry, but thinking Kap would put up the same numbers as Wilson against Denver is wishful thinking. FMPOV (Kap was rated #18 QB of 2013, Wilson was #4 Source: PFF)

To each their own though.
Unread 03-15-2014, 12:41 AM   #39
Post Prehistoric

paid
On a completed unrelated vein: I'm not completely sure that I can trust two football fans from the West Coast to be unbiased when it comes to comparing west coast football teams.
Unread 03-15-2014, 10:12 AM   #40
Post Prehistoric

paid
Peppers just signed with the Packers, which is a strange signing to me. The packers don't have a history of paying big money for aging veterans like Peppers.
Unread 03-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #41
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSigma
On a completed unrelated vein: I'm not completely sure that I can trust two football fans from the West Coast to be unbiased when it comes to comparing west coast football teams.
Ax is in the ATL

Art is in Niners country.

I watched the Broncos throughout and felt they had the sort of weaknesses that defense heavy teams could exploit. A Niners team without Bowman would've been weaker, but I still think it would've been a good game and I'd have trouble picking a winner.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #42
Post Prehistoric

paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
Ax is in the ATL

Art is in Niners country.

I watched the Broncos throughout and felt they had the sort of weaknesses that defense heavy teams could exploit. A Niners team without Bowman would've been weaker, but I still think it would've been a good game and I'd have trouble picking a winner.
Ax is from Atlanta? Albuquerque really threw me off.
Unread 03-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #43
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaSigma
Ax is from Atlanta? Albuquerque really threw me off.
I'm guessing weird al reference, but not 100% sure

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 05:32 PM   #44
leafy greens!

as luck would have it, that's exactly when i met the girl of my dreams. she was a calligraphy enthusiast with slight overbite and hair the colour of strained peaches. i'll never forget the very first thing she said to me. she said "hey. you've got weasels on your face."

I feel the Broncos defense was more inconsistent than it was plain bad. They rarely had a close game to hold in during the regular season and were actually playing much better towards the end of the year until the Super Bowl. To say the 49ers would have definitively beat the Broncos based on what the Seahawks did in a blowout is hardly logical. I feel we would have matched up better against the 49ers than the Seahawks. In any event, it's all water under the bridge at this point.

"And I don't see my brokeness anymore, when I'm seated at the table of the Lord" - Leeland
tmlfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #45
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
I'm guessing weird al reference, but not 100% sure
See Avatar... I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE LEFT TURN AT ALBUQUERQUE! ... Does nobody remember Loony Toons?

Current Rig:

Public Blog