Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-23-2015, 06:04 PM   #301
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by normajean777 View Post
However, if they learn anything from this, it should be that the same balls should be used by both teams, and in the refs possession at all times before and during the game (except when in use of course). Then there would be no advantage, and even if there is, both teams would equally benefit.
Yep. I've been talking to my dad about this at length. Basically instead of 12 balls per team they just need to put 24 balls together for the game. If a certain number of warm-up balls need to be distributed above that, then do whatever needs to be done to include that.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-23-2015, 08:43 PM   #302
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
I was listening to a radio program this morning that pointed this out...

It's interesting how the blame goes straight to the Pats...because NFL refs and NFL head office hasn't had plenty of their own issues?
Oh, they're gettin' their share of crap thrown at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normajean777 View Post
I agree. If the refs hold and inspect the balls before the game, then it's definitely not fair to immediately lay all the blame on Patriots. Furthermore, we can definitively conclude that the balls did not have a material impact on the outcome of the game (based off the second half and final score).

However, if they learn anything from this, it should be that the same balls should be used by both teams, and in the refs possession at all times before and during the game (except when in use of course). Then there would be no advantage, and even if there is, both teams would equally benefit.

I think it's fine for there to be some wiggle room for preference, but the balls need to be better policed to be within the acceptable thresholds.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #303
Old School
Administrator

Don't let the teams even touch the balls. If you can't take a ball straight from the box and play with it...maybe you shouldn't be getting paid so much money just to play a game.
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #304
on rye

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2015, 10:05 PM   #305
...more machine than man.

My dogs and cat have begun acting strange, and there is a rather large number of locusts beginning to fill the air. I'm also fairly certain that the moon was blotted out...

Something bad has happened...

Add me on FaceBook

S.B.Nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #306
Deets Go Here

I know I am not the first to question it, but what type of play call was that garbage? You're close enough to ram it across the goal line and you decide to pass?

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #307
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B.Nichols View Post
My dogs and cat have begun acting strange, and there is a rather large number of locusts beginning to fill the air. I'm also fairly certain that the moon was blotted out...

Something bad has happened...
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan007 View Post
I know I am not the first to question it, but what type of play call was that garbage? You're close enough to ram it across the goal line and you decide to pass?
I think, given the implications and magnitude, it is legitimately the worst call in sports history.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2015, 10:10 AM   #308
Support Southern Rock

But Wilsons the best quarterback there is! Oh wait....

Excellent game to watch. I'm ecstatic that all the bandwagon seattle fans get to shut up for the next year. And I'm legitimately happy to see Brady get his fourth ring. Definitely the GOAT as of right now. But I hope my boy Rodgers can claim that in 10 years.
Unread 02-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #309
on rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
I think, given the implications and magnitude, it is legitimately the worst call in sports history.
Don't know who made the call, but we can call him Skittles-For-Brains.

And I for one thank Skittles-For-Brains for his wonderful contribution to last night's victory.

I completely thought another heartbreak was imminent and then that happened. Never has "it's not over till it's over" been more true.
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #310
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
Probably so. It still blows my mind. I've seen peewee league coaches who would know what to call in that situation.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote