Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #1

POD HD500X Users. Set me straight

I getting a line6 Pod HD500X as an option for my church! We are expanding our playing and i need something with a lot of capabilities for amp,delays,reverb ect.... I will be using it direct to front of house and using the amp modelers.. We play a lot of contemporary P&W in English and Spanish as well as older hyms. Please let me know ur Experience with this unit and how you are using it.. And if there is a patch site were i can find P&W tones please let me know!!! If there are already threads of this nature(which i searched for) Please point in the rite direction! THANKX

Manny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #2

I have the original hd500 and I love it. I find every possible tone I could use on the line 6 custom tone site. I have basically now after two plus years just decided the tones I craft myself are better. The ones you download are usually way over done in my opinion. I sometimes download something like a Lincoln Brewster tone, then play with it to find the stuff I like, then throw it away and build one myself. That's just the tweeker in me, though.

When I do them myself I can make sure that the same effects are tied to the same foot switches etc, so there is no guessing.

Make sure to get the edit program for your pc. Way simpler to maintain the tones on your hd.
dknitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknitt View Post
I have the original hd500 and I love it. I find every possible tone I could use on the line 6 custom tone site. I have basically now after two plus years just decided the tones I craft myself are better. The ones you download are usually way over done in my opinion. I sometimes download something like a Lincoln Brewster tone, then play with it to find the stuff I like, then throw it away and build one myself. That's just the tweeker in me, though.

When I do them myself I can make sure that the same effects are tied to the same foot switches etc, so there is no guessing.

Make sure to get the edit program for your pc. Way simpler to maintain the tones on your hd.
Great!!! How are you connected? Amp,Foh?
Unread 02-07-2014, 05:37 AM   #4

One output to foh, and one to a hotspot. Also run house mix into hotspot. I can't stand in-ears.
dknitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #5
Okagesama de genki desu

I've been using one for about a year and I absolutely love it. I've actually gone back and used an amp a few times, but I always find I like the tones I get out of my HD500 better than my real tube amps.

The great thing about it is the interface. It's so easy to set up your tones, and you can visualize everything. Set up an amp, then set all your pedals in any order before or after the amp and your set. You can also easily set it up for multiple guitars, or for both acoustic and electric; it lets you send a guitar from one input to the left output, and a guitar from a second input to the right output so you can isolate your acoustic and electric and use one unit for both.

My only complaint about it is that the pedals don't always react with the preamp of the amp models in a realistic way.

I would agree it's better to just set up your own tones. Especially with how easy it is to dial this pedal in. It's not like one of the older digital modelers where you had pages and pages of settings to tweak. You really can plug in, pull up an amp model, make a few quick eq tweaks, and you're good to go.
Unread 02-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #6

Thanks guys!!! Well its here and ive been messing with it so wish me luck!!!
Unread 09-17-2016, 11:32 PM   #7

Tone

I am a new user of the HD500X, having spent several hours editing tones via headphones, when I plug it into my amp (Roland Cube 40xl), everything is very trebley and thin. The amp sounds great with my LP plugged straight in.......The cans are DT 100s so should be reasonable..any thoughts?
Unread 09-22-2016, 04:37 AM   #8

I've been using an HD500 for a few years, I can do my best to help you out with a bit more information,

How do you have it set up when you plug into your amp? (4cable? straight in the front? into the power section?
) Are you using it for worship? or other gigs?

I use my POD HD for weekly worship at church, Currently I run 4 cable method with an Amp and Cab, but that will be changing this fall as we are moving to an In Ear Monitoring system. So I set all my tones in the Sanctuary of the Church at Sunday service volume, And then during the week for home practice I have a matching set of tones in another set list adjusted for headphones/studio monitors,

And then I have a whole other set of tones for writting and Jamming with friends using the power section of my amp,

POD HD is a good piece of gear that can cover alot of tones, but it takes some tweaking, I have hundreds of hours in mine and I'm still tweaking day to day week to week!
aljb17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2016, 12:55 AM   #9

Thanks for the response, in the first outing I ran mono to the front of the Cube then mic on cabinet. The Roland sounded so thin.....which it doesn't when plugged straight into guitar. I suspect I just need to edit my tones on amp rather than cans....
Unread 09-26-2016, 09:57 AM   #10

Is there anyway to bypass the Amp sims in the Roland?
aljb17 is offline   Reply With Quote