Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Amps & Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-06-2014, 05:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibetin View Post
Good morning!

I'm new to this site, I'm Chibetin and I thank you in advance for reading my post.

I have played acoustic electric guitar for a little while now, but just started electric guitar this week. I bought a BOSS GT-100 effects board and would like to ask you for any tips regarding best effects to use for worship at church. If you know of any patches that would work well for worship songs and are willing to share them, I will greatly appreciate that.

I love classic rock style guitar, for when playing this style of music if you know of any tips as well, they're also most welcome.

Thank you!
I am new to the site as well. FYI, I am starting to assemble a ready reference page for the GT-100. There may be some resources there that may help. I would be happy to add anything users stumble on over time that would be of benefit to the user community.

Unread 04-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #17

Thumbs up Boss GT-100

Just wanted to point out that aclaar877 (posted up above) has a couple of really good youtube videos regarding calibrating your guitar input level and some pointers that he learned from GTCentral before it went offline. Calibrating my guitar made a world of a difference. I had no idea the pickups were too hot and clipping. Sounds much better now!
richrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #18

Boss GT-100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediaman09 View Post
I am new to the site as well. FYI, I am starting to assemble a ready reference page for the GT-100. There may be some resources there that may help. I would be happy to add anything users stumble on over time that would be of benefit to the user community.
Thanks for the link to the ready reference page. Question: Regarding saving patches, I know we can save a new patch, initialize back to a factory patch or swap patches, but is there a way we can copy a patch? (I have a "basic template" patch were I like to start tweaking for different guitars)
richrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2014, 05:41 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrich View Post
... is there a way we can copy a patch? ...
I would imagine you can do that with editor that gumtown developed - the GT Fx FloorBoard. See Ready Reference site for link, or direct via //://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/
Unread 07-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediaman09 View Post
Thanks very much for the hard work putting that site together! My Pod X3 Live bit the dust, and my GT-100 arrives on Monday. All that info will be a huge help as I get ready for next weekend's services.

I was surprised to find that there isn't an official Boss/Roland message board and user patch repository. That was a big part of the Line 6 experience.
samcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcham View Post
Thanks very much for the hard work putting that site together! My Pod X3 Live bit the dust, and my GT-100 arrives on Monday. All that info will be a huge help as I get ready for next weekend's services.

I was surprised to find that there isn't an official Boss/Roland message board and user patch repository. That was a big part of the Line 6 experience.
Congrats on the new purchase. It's really a great unit, and was recently refreshed with Version 2.

As to the BOSS ROLAND community and general support, it's quite extensive. See the BOSSROLAND_COMMUNITY section on GT-100 Ready Reference Page.

There are also the user support to be had in the forums more catered to gear, eg TGP and Stompbox - see links on the reference page.

But you are correct about the patches. There is no real BOSS ROLAND managed area for that, but between the 200 presets and the sources shown under PATCH_REPOSITORIES on the GT-100 Ready Reference Page, there is plenty to choose from. Most users end up tweaking their own anyway, as we all have different setups

If you're are running direct to PA, be sure check out the posted suggestions.

Best of luck.
Unread 07-30-2014, 05:29 PM   #22

I just put together a video showing how I created a bunch of U2 patches for songs I like playing. Some of that may be useful here, as "worship guitarists ought to pay Edge royalties," as my guitar teacher said a while back. (He plays professionally at my church and in a U2 tribute). I also did an ambient patch at the end of the video which I intend to use at church when the song fits - using paths A and B, send clean signal thru A and then start path B with delay, and put a high cut on delay around 1.25 kHz. Then put delay direct signal to 0, so only the darker-sounding repeats continue on. You can then treat the delay repeats with Tera Echo, reverb, slight harmonization, slow gear, whatever you want.

Definitely fun to play with this stuff...if you haven't experimented much with modulated delay, try it out...

I can't post the URL, but look on Youtube page for "aclaar877."
aclaar877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2014, 10:10 AM   #23

Re: aclaar877

Thanks for the video. I also checked your video for calibrating the guitar. I will try that as soon as I can today.

On a side note, is there a way to set up all effects to stay at a fixed volume? Some times when playing and changing from a clean sound for example to a distortion effect, it cranks up the volume really high.

Thanks again!
Chibetin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #24

Well, you essentially have to change each effects' settings so that they don't go volume-wacky on you. If you are going clean to distortion in the same patch, you can use the A/B paths for those, and then adjust accordingly. You can also add clean boost or EQ boost to get the clean sounds louder, or turn up level on compressor if you are using that. For going between patches, just use the patch level knob to adjust once you are happy with the sounds of each one.

To decrease distortion volume, reduce the level on that, but it can also alter the overall drive sound a bit. I like to set level first, then fine-tune the drive to get what I want on OD/DIST.
aclaar877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #25

Hi Chibetin
I know its been a few month since you origanly posted here and hope you have found some settings you. You has a awesome unit there I been using it for about a year now. before I was using gt3. I play in a worshipteam that I would like to think is OK we do hillsong to planet shakers to Cary Job and more. I desighn each patch to suit a specific song.
I use my GT100 with a small 5w tube amp in 4 cable method. Honestly if you learn how to program the unit you can get very close to a tube sound.

Take a look at coolvibetube on youtube if you like the sounds or fx Id gladly share. there are only a few videos but I have many patches for worship.
coolvibeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #26

Worship Patches GT-100

I play electric lead at church, here is what I made for playing most everything modern and old school. Basic patches with extras. Keep in mind I use an external dual footswitch for accessing more features per patch rather than having to have more patches. I like to make the most of each patch to save space and minimize patch changing and "tap dancing". Just import these into the librarian and see what you think. I have swell patches, tap delay patches, general rock patches and a myriad of other things that work well. I use the line out/phones setting for output and go direct to console in mono. May have to tweak for taste but at least a good starting point. Enjoy! ~Bret Sanor
Attached Files
File Type: mid worship patches 2.mid (47.7 KB, 101 views)
bsan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsan79 View Post
I play electric lead at church, here is what I made for playing most everything modern and old school. Basic patches with extras. Keep in mind I use an external dual footswitch for accessing more features per patch rather than having to have more patches. I like to make the most of each patch to save space and minimize patch changing and "tap dancing". Just import these into the librarian and see what you think. I have swell patches, tap delay patches, general rock patches and a myriad of other things that work well. I use the line out/phones setting for output and go direct to console in mono. May have to tweak for taste but at least a good starting point. Enjoy! ~Bret Sanor
When I try to open your worship patches, it opens with Windows Media Player. How can I open it and download it to my pedal?
natemages is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2014, 09:45 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemages View Post
When I try to open your worship patches, it opens with Windows Media Player. How can I open it and download it to my pedal?
Download my files and save them in an area you can find them easily. You then open them in the Boss Tone Studio for GT. You need this program to be able to import the patches into your pedal.

You have to download the Boss Tone Studio for GT from roland.com under support then click downloads on the right column titled Product Support. Scroll down to GT-100 and click it. Then scroll down to the Boss Tone Studio for GT link.

Then once you install it, you just open the files in the program from the librarian in the program and import the patches wherever you want them, like user bank 1, bank 2, etc. You have to have your GT-100 connected to your computer via a USB cable and the driver installed. If you need the driver, it can be found on the same page as I gave you above. Sorry it wouldn't let me do a direct link. If you have any more questions just reply and I'll get back to you. Thanks!
bsan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #29

Thanks, I'll try that as soon as I get home.

Thanks, I'll try that as soon as I get home.
Chibetin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #30

When I open up the Tone Studio and try to import these files from the library, I don't find the files that I saved onto my computer. The only files that Tone Studio will let me select are .TSL files. So the .midi files do no show up as an option to be imported. Do I have to convert the files?
natemages is offline   Reply With Quote