Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Community > Regional
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #1
leafy greens!
 
tmlfan123's Avatar
 

Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,360
How about this weather eh?


Ontario yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Banks are easily ten feet high along the roads in town. On my way to work I saw a shop owner shoveling his patch of sidewalk out from under three feet of the white fluffies, 1/3 of that natural and the rest deposited by the snow plow on its way by.

__________________
My songs. || My thoughts.

"And I don't see my brokeness anymore, when I'm seated at the table of the Lord" - Leeland
tmlfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-06-2014, 11:11 PM   #2
got me a beard
 
SomeCallMeTim?'s Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2004
Location: the Great White North, eh?
Posts: 1,887
We had a whiteout snow storm last week. Now the skies are clear again and it is warming up. Was below -20 for a while, but our forecasted highs for this week are above 0. Gotta love our Calgary chinooks!
__________________
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper359 View Post
I like peanut butter, and I like jam, so what's to stop me from putting them together? People do it all the time.
SomeCallMeTim? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 08:22 AM   #3
leafy greens!
 
tmlfan123's Avatar
 

Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim? View Post
We had a whiteout snow storm last week. Now the skies are clear again and it is warming up. Was below -20 for a while, but our forecasted highs for this week are above 0. Gotta love our Calgary chinooks!
Nice, I am currently in the only part of Ontario getting blasted by a blizzard. Wind chills down to -40 at time and another six inches or so expected throughout the day. Provincial highways have been closed in three counties including mine and most of the nearby rural ones as well. Plows have been sent home and told to wait, so it's a snow day from work for me.
__________________
My songs. || My thoughts.

"And I don't see my brokeness anymore, when I'm seated at the table of the Lord" - Leeland
tmlfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #4
Support Southern Rock
 
normajean777's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Republic of Alberta
Posts: 2,988
Warm and barely any snow (beside 3-4 feet) in Edmonton.
__________________
We are victims of pop culture.
normajean777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #5
got me a beard
 
SomeCallMeTim?'s Avatar
 

Joined: Jun 2004
Location: the Great White North, eh?
Posts: 1,887
This is pretty funny, though it didn't happen in Canada: Inmate escapes prison, turns himself in after going outside - National | Globalnews.ca
__________________
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper359 View Post
I like peanut butter, and I like jam, so what's to stop me from putting them together? People do it all the time.
SomeCallMeTim? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 06:43 AM   #6
Registered User
 
earlessdog's Avatar
 

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,782
paid
From mid november to early January, literally almost everyday it was -30 or worse with wind chills of usually -40 to -50. For over a month and a half. We've never had such a long consistent cold stretch like that here as far as I can remember (in Saskatchewan). There were some days where it was closer to -25, and some that were -38 without the wind chill. I'm so glad for the paste week where its been hanging around -5, even above 0!
__________________
And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong, and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
earlessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
The Story Teller
 
Caged Love's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Anywhere but the city
Posts: 755
Yeah it has been a rough winter in terms of the temperature, and windier than normal in the northern prairies as well. You know it is cold when you have your car plugged in and it still refuses to start! But it hasn't been bad the past week or week and a half, so hopefully that trend continues for a little while yet.
__________________
"When you say there's too much evil in this world you assume there's good. When you assume there's good, you assume there's such a thing as a moral law on the basis of which to differentiate between good and evil. But if you assume a moral law, you must posit a moral Law Giver, but that's Who you're trying to disprove and not prove. Because if there's no moral Law Giver, there's no moral law. If there's no moral law, there's no good. If there's no good, there's no evil. What is your question?" — Ravi Zacharias
Caged Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #8
Overlord of Kentls
 
Kentl's Avatar
 

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,860
Winter never got below 16, and that was a HUGE deal here

Love south Texas
__________________
i am forever his freind
i hope he can rest in peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by scared2mosh View Post
I honestly would have guessed the actual Kentl was mulletman and vice versa...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnstein View Post
Apparently, he gave you persistence by the truckload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFK14 View Post
Ok, the fact you spelled that right proves it.
Kentl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 11:26 PM   #9
Support Southern Rock
 
normajean777's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Republic of Alberta
Posts: 2,988
We had warm weather but a huge record wind storm. That was interesting.
__________________
We are victims of pop culture.
normajean777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #10
Registered User
 
earlessdog's Avatar
 

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,782
paid
Wind storm hit here too, i'm not used to that much wind, and of course that happened to be the day that I not only was outside most of the day for work, but working on ladders, haha. Only had one blow over on top of me, no big deal :s
__________________
And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong, and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
“God is not dead, nor does He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.”

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
earlessdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2