Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Worship Leading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #1

Worshipteam.com

Looked for previous posts and didn't find anything. I want to move planning into worshipteam.com. It looks to have the best mix of features for the price, and I am paying for it myself, so that is important. Unfortunately, it requires me to put in my credit card info, and then they suck the money out every month. This means that they obviously store my card data locally, which I am not ok with. Also unfortunately, there appears to be zero contact info on the site, which is strange and makes me a bit nervous.

Does anyone use worshipteam.com? Are there other billing options? Are there actually support people behind the site that answer questions like this?

dknitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Are you moving away from PCO, or is PCO not an option for you? (planningcenteronline)

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #3

Right now we have nothing. Pco total cost is a bit high for us, just based on what I have seen.
Unread 12-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
Be happy

A quick note from someone who knows a bit about online businesses. Storing credit card info is heavily regulated and, in most cases, quite secure. It's not like it's just sitting in a text file. And even then, credit cards are by far the safest way to pay for anything because charges can be reversed in the event of fraud.

All that said, you can just get a prepaid visa with money for a year or so and get a new one each year. Then at worst you're risking one year worth of payments.

Credit card issues aside. If you have to ask another site how to contact a company, they clearly aren't going to reachable if you have problems either. But, for $9 a month, you can't really expect much anyway.

Would it be possible to stay organized through something as simple as a google calendar and a dropbox account?
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:39 AM   #5

Bob... Duh, never thought about a prepaid card.

I had the same thought about support, to be honest. We are just starting to look around at options, and wt was recommended, so I looked there first. I have now looked around a bit, and this may not be my first choice anyway.

I was asked to look at options, so the suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for the ideas.
Unread 12-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
Mr. Kvorkomiskinovichlich

You could share a folder on Google Drive.
Frank1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #7
David P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dknitt View Post
Bob... Duh, never thought about a prepaid card.

I had the same thought about support, to be honest. We are just starting to look around at options, and wt was recommended, so I looked there first. I have now looked around a bit, and this may not be my first choice anyway.

I was asked to look at options, so the suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for the ideas.
dknitt, how large is the worship team you need to support? PCO has a free option for churches of a very small size.
relient nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 09:54 PM   #8

I've been using PCO's free option for a long time. The only real drawback is that you have to delete last weeks files & upload this weeks, every week. It's a little hassle, but for free... it's not bad. You only get 10 band/tech contacts too.

Sent from my iPhone using CGR Forum
kc5uzd is offline   Reply With Quote