Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #31
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Uptown Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 14,714
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssabeth View Post
Yay!! Not many shows get a comeback. (R.i.p. Firefly)

I'm so excited that mst3k will be back for 12 episodes!!! Yay!!
And, maybe 13...

If the momentum keeps up. Need less than 150k for a Christmas special.

__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-11-2015, 08:36 PM   #32
Raised by a cup o' coffee
 
Agoodname22's Avatar
 

Joined: Mar 2012
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 321
The master approves! I'm super excited about this.
__________________
Quote:
Why would they be illegal?:S
Quote:
Because they come from the Internet. And everything from the Internet is illegal.
Agoodname22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2015, 08:53 PM   #33
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Uptown Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 14,714
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoodname22 View Post
The master approves! I'm super excited about this.
Me too!!

It's crazy! And the telethon is hilarious so far. If you aren't tuning in, go to the live stream:

https://youtu.be/3DWLrPWC3Gs
__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2016, 10:46 AM   #34
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Uptown Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 14,714
paid
Ok!! The new season will br on Netflix!

So, I command you all to watch them when they come out. Do it!

Also, Mary Jo Pehl and Bill Corbett have been confirmed as writers as well as actors for new show. Kevin Murphy will be reprising his role as Professor Bobo.

Yay!!
__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2017, 07:15 AM   #35
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Uptown Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 14,714
paid
New season is in post-production.

Hopefully will be available for streaming on Netflix by the Summer, if not a bit earlier.

So excited!!
__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2017, 08:47 AM   #36
Old School
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Geezerville
Posts: 55,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Thrunk View Post
New season is in post-production.

Hopefully will be available for streaming on Netflix by the Summer, if not a bit earlier.

So excited!!
Me too.
__________________
Nothing (Without You)
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
YouTube
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #37
Art
Superfly.
Administrator
 
Art's Avatar
 

Joined: May 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 41,572
paid
Netflix?? Really?? I get to watch it?????
__________________
Flickr.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #38
Art
Superfly.
Administrator
 
Art's Avatar
 

Joined: May 2002
Location: Northern California
Posts: 41,572
paid
APRIL 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Release date on Netflix is April 14.

That is all.
__________________
Flickr.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #39
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Uptown Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 14,714
paid
I have been able to watch some of the new season.

I can confirm that it is brilliant, witty, and freaking hilarious.


Guys, be sure to catch it when it comes to Netflix in a few days!
__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2017, 08:55 AM   #40
Old School
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Geezerville
Posts: 55,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Thrunk View Post
I have been able to watch some of the new season.

I can confirm that it is brilliant, witty, and freaking hilarious.


Guys, be sure to catch it when it comes to Netflix in a few days!
Looking forward to it.
__________________
Nothing (Without You)
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
YouTube
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #41
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Uptown Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 14,714
paid
Anyone watched the new stuff yet?

Currently on episode 8. It's one of those cheesy 70s Italian Hercules movies.
__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #42
Old School
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Geezerville
Posts: 55,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Thrunk View Post
Anyone watched the new stuff yet?

Currently on episode 8. It's one of those cheesy 70s Italian Hercules movies.
Hoping to catch one or two tonight.
__________________
Nothing (Without You)
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
YouTube
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2017, 11:41 AM   #43
Old School
Administrator
 
Leboman's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Geezerville
Posts: 55,903
I downloaded the first two to my Fire. Going to watch them tonight.

Stoked.
__________________
Nothing (Without You)
Granville Center Church of Christ Sermons
YouTube
My German is pre-industrial and mostly religious.
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2017, 11:22 AM   #44
and you were wondering??
Administrator
 
Uptown Thrunk's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2004
Location: In the bedrock of Being.
Posts: 14,714
paid
Ok, so it has been about a month. I find myself often going back to the original episodes. But, I have not forsaken the new season completely. In fact, I've come to appreciate many of the episodes very much, finding them just as enjoyable to watch as some of the classic, well-known Mike and Joel episodes.

The new Mads aren't horrible. But, I miss the playfulness and slapstick style humour that frequently came with not only the pairing of Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank, but also Pearl, Brain Guy, and Bobo. Now, maybe this is due to Felicia Day being pregnant. I hope so.

The invention exchanges was a part of the Joel era that took time for me to warm-up to. But, it became a mainstay, in my opinion. I am glad it made a come back, but I did think that many of them were a bit weak. They should have hired Tim and Eric to come up with inventions...

I think some of the movies that were picked expertly. Carnival Magic, Cry Wilderness, and the finale episode (can't recall the movie at the moment) have been episodes that I have gone back to a few times.

I like the new countdown tunnel a lot. It is fun.

I don't like the bridge of the SOL. It feels sterile. I also really miss the hex screen.

I am also finding myself pining for the subtle shot dynamics. While the screen was often static, they played around with shots much more, which made the ship feel a bit larger and, I think, kept things from feeling so sterile and empty.

Riffing doesn't seem to be quite so varied (remember the days when they would reference Sartre, Heidegger, and Nietzsche?), and the pacing felt too hurried at first. But, improved as I got used to the riffers and as the season progresses.

Speaking of the riffers. I think the new Crow is great. Really captures the feel and tone of both Bill and Trace. Tom took a little getting used to, and nothing will ever compare to Kevin Murphy, but I actually quite like the upgrade. Gypsy is lame. I really like Jonah, though. He is a flawed actor/riffer and is often awkward on camera, which means an important tradition is still alive and well.
__________________
Hello! Come visit my blog! http://taylormweaver.wordpress.com/

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2017, 12:00 PM   #45
The Elephant in Your Room
 
Ben Toast's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2011
Location: The Monks
Posts: 4,976
paid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Thrunk View Post
Ok, so it has been about a month. I find myself often going back to the original episodes. But, I have not forsaken the new season completely. In fact, I've come to appreciate many of the episodes very much, finding them just as enjoyable to watch as some of the classic, well-known Mike and Joel episodes.

The new Mads aren't horrible. But, I miss the playfulness and slapstick style humour that frequently came with not only the pairing of Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank, but also Pearl, Brain Guy, and Bobo. Now, maybe this is due to Felicia Day being pregnant. I hope so.

The invention exchanges was a part of the Joel era that took time for me to warm-up to. But, it became a mainstay, in my opinion. I am glad it made a come back, but I did think that many of them were a bit weak. They should have hired Tim and Eric to come up with inventions...

I think some of the movies that were picked expertly. Carnival Magic, Cry Wilderness, and the finale episode (can't recall the movie at the moment) have been episodes that I have gone back to a few times.

I like the new countdown tunnel a lot. It is fun.

I don't like the bridge of the SOL. It feels sterile. I also really miss the hex screen.

I am also finding myself pining for the subtle shot dynamics. While the screen was often static, they played around with shots much more, which made the ship feel a bit larger and, I think, kept things from feeling so sterile and empty.

Riffing doesn't seem to be quite so varied (remember the days when they would reference Sartre, Heidegger, and Nietzsche?), and the pacing felt too hurried at first. But, improved as I got used to the riffers and as the season progresses.

Speaking of the riffers. I think the new Crow is great. Really captures the feel and tone of both Bill and Trace. Tom took a little getting used to, and nothing will ever compare to Kevin Murphy, but I actually quite like the upgrade. Gypsy is lame. I really like Jonah, though. He is a flawed actor/riffer and is often awkward on camera, which means an important tradition is still alive and well.
I don't like Gypsy. She's annoying; not to be a jerk, I just think she's "meh". Did you watch Reptilcus? So funny.
__________________
I hope that all is well in heaven, 'cause it's all shot to hell down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
...wives are expensive upkeep...
Ben Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2