Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Worship Leading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #16

Thanks JW,

I will definitely keep praying for guidance. The group is composed of a bunch of fine individuals, I just have to keep working on what God wants me to do.

This morning was fun playing. During the school year a few parents play once a month at the Wednesday morning school chapel for the kids. It's a separate group of people, we call it "the parent band" and we are given free reign to "rock" it out, we play 3-4 standards, but liven them up.

I did a pretty good impersonation of Charlie Hall's Marvelous light strumming at 124 bpm. With this group I feel much better, they push me to take ownership of the songs that are heavy on acoustic guitar and with the little practicing that we do (usually 1 time before the actual day) we usually manage to do a good job.

It's also fun playing to a church full of kids.

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful responses.

Sponsored Links
Unread 09-07-2015, 06:10 AM   #17
Prince

Joe
age is never a issue when it comes to praise and worship. As suggested, meet with the team leader, and openly discuss the issues. You, your guitar skills, your Lord. That's it. Please do not stop worshiping God with your God given skills. It's your offering. This is a team management issue. Leadership issue. Not yours. I think it's better to speak with the leadership. God will applaud on your efforts because it's His gift to you and when he sees that His child honoring Him, I bet, it will put a smile on His face. DO NOT STOP.
ps
Unread 09-07-2015, 09:21 AM   #18
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
Thank you for your post of encouragement to the OP! However, this thread is two years old, and the OP is no longer an active member, so I'm going to close it.

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
Closed Thread