Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Life Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #16

lovetppraiseHim,

I am sure you will find someone to be friends with and who knows it might turn into something... you are very pretty What school do you go to..?
Just trust in God and He will lead you in the direction you need to go. I feel that zedman has giving both of us good advice, thank you zedman! I greatly appreciate the information

newbietoguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #17

Newbietoguitar
Aww thank you! And I go to UNCG it's a pretty big campus but I'm a freshman and still haven't gotten to meet many people but I hope I will be able to this coming semester!
I believe you'll find someone too!
And I'd have to agree I really do appreciate zedmans advice!
lovetopraiseHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetopraiseHim View Post
Newbietoguitar
Aww thank you! And I go to UNCG it's a pretty big campus but I'm a freshman and still haven't gotten to meet many people but I hope I will be able to this coming semester!
I believe you'll find someone too!
And I'd have to agree I really do appreciate zedmans advice!
you welcome We just moved here from NC ( about 30mins from Greensboro around high rock lake, Davidson county) to TN. In-fact I have a sister that lives near UNCG - it's a small world isn't it...
newbietoguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #19

Aww really?! I love Tennessee you're lucky! and it is a small world haha that's so funny you were close to me!
Unread 12-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #20
and you were wondering??
Administrator

paid
I used to live in NC (in fact, I was born in Smithfield), and most of my mom's side of the family lives there.

UNCG... hmm. Never heard of it, but I checked out their faculty in their Religion dept and they have some impressive people. Not to be a creeper, but I majored in Religion and recently obtained my Masters so I am always interested in seeing who is from where in regards to faculty in Religion programs.

What is your major there?

Yes... I am the official "Knight Who Will Write Something On Derrida".
Bask in the wonderful glory.

"outside of a dog a book is a man's best friend... inside a dog it is too dark to read."
-groucho marx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Hunter View Post
Taylor, you just got drive-by theologied.
Uptown Thrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #21

Thrash:
UNCG is a great school! I love it's it's about not from downtown Greensboro! I haven't really met anyone in the religion department but I have heard great things about it! And I'm majoring in elementary education and thinking about minoring in music!
Unread 03-27-2014, 03:11 PM   #22
Illegal Immigrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbietoguitar View Post
I am wearing a purity ring (which will probably deter girls from being interested anyway).
A purity ring should not be something that scares girls off and if It does then that's definitely not the kind of girl you should be looking for.
Austinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2014, 12:03 AM   #23

Back to square one guys I thought I was in the relationship God had planned for me but things ended up not working out. I'm trying to be patient but it's hard when God isn't being very vocal with me or showing a plan:/
Unread 12-14-2014, 06:38 AM   #24
Psychic theo-philosopher

paid
Well, God does not show his plan of how things will turn out individually (nor is it something he expects us to try/succeed in). I know this sounds odd, because so many Christians talk and think as if God operates in this way. It makes them sound more spiritual. But only in cases of prophetic office does he do this, and only times which serve his purpose in expanding the kingdom, not our purposes or curiosity.

What he does, though, is gives us wisdom and tells us how we are to live righteously and faithfully. Perhaps more importantly, he is our father who is there WITH us in the midst of situations, not micromanaging in telling us what we gotta do and who we gotta date.

In other words, he does not tell us who to date, but he does tell us how to love.

They want to stop the ones who want
Prosthetic foreheads on their heads
But everybody wants prosthetic
Foreheads on their real heads

We Want a Rock, They Might Be Giants

Hidden?
athanatos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2014, 06:45 AM   #25
Psychic theo-philosopher

paid
Meanwhile, I am sorry it didn't work out. ... That sucks. Did it go well for a while? What happened?

Hidden?
Unread 12-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #26

It's not so much that I want him to tell me who to do but more of help me understand if I'm doing the right thing and well with a guy last year I felt like things fell into place perfectly he was a christian man who wanted to be my protector and treat me how I should be treated but distance caused things to not work out and now a guy I dated 2 years ago but just has been a friend has recently come back into my life and things are working out great but there are 2 big things that scare me with being with him so I'm just confused and on a rut
Unread 12-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #27
Psychic theo-philosopher

paid
If you had a friend tell you about these "2 big things that scares" her, how would you counsel her? If there are two big things that scare you, talk with people who know you and him and confirm what you are thinking. If no one can confirm it, then it is probably not worth risking and getting yourself caught in the drama (or danger!).

Meanwhile, distance is hard. I had been in a relationship before with a gal who basically had no serious plan for resolving the distance (I had more significant obligations) -- we broke it off after like 6 months of online dating. We moved on. Much later, my wife (then girlfriend) and I had seriously talked about breaking up when we had been apart for a year and a half; we stuck it out because we created a plan for resolving the distance (rather than postponing it). Both cases mentioned above were hard times.

It is OK to move on if that is what you two decide: there are plenty of other guys out there, even if it means changing the scenery a little bit (getting involved in different ministries or even different churches; you could even move to a different town altogether and reestablish yourself with a whole new set of potential candidates. Unfortunately, sometimes it is hard to muster the gumption to make the change of scenery. Lots of single guys in my home church just didn't mesh well with the single gals at our church, and vice versa -- since the church was small, some of them were just extremely intentional about going to a different church, not just for dating but also for a different pace in ministry. There is no shame in that.

Hidden?
Unread 12-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #28

Well thank you for all the advice I really appreciate it hopefully things will work out!