Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #46
Semper ubi sub ubi!
 
1/2-Fast Player's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,703
Mullet, if you get a chance for a demo ride on a new D675, take it. Amazingly good bike. Even the non-R version. The suspension and handling are wonderful (the KYB stuff is quite good), the brakes are very impressive, and the motor - oh, my word, the motor. The triple is a perfect compromise between the torque of a twin and the smoothness of an inline 4. With the ABS and the slipper clutch that come on all US bikes, it's a terrific ride.

I think the only significant advantage the 675R has over the non-R is the quick-shifter, and for street riding I don't think it's important. Frankly, the non-R upshifts so smoothly without usiing the clutch that I see no need for a quick-shifter for my street use.

Don't know about the new 899, but I rode an 848 while shopping, and I think the D675 is a better bike. Much smoother, easier to ride, sharper turn-in, etc.

Got a new helmet for Christmas. My wife bought me an Icon Airmada in solid red to match the new Daytona.

The track suit looks really good. Of course, it's hard to know just how good any piece of protective gear is until you're sliding on asphalt. Hope you never find out.

Are you looking for a new streetbike, or would you consider used? The new Ninja 300 looks like a very nnice bike if you want something small, but my old Ninja 500 had excellent performance and could go two-up with no strain. You could probably pick up a decent used 500 for about $2500.

__________________
I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1/2
1/2-Fast Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:37 AM   #47
Registered User
 
R1ridr's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Kansas City, Mo
Posts: 108
I am an avid rider. I used to ride Yamaha R1s until I broke my leg-not on the bike mind you. Now I ride a 2003 Honda VTX 1800. My first bike was a Suzuki Katana 750 though.
Attached Thumbnails
forumrunner_20131226_023543.png   forumrunner_20131226_023723.png  
R1ridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:42 AM   #48
Registered User
 
R1ridr's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Kansas City, Mo
Posts: 108
Hey Mullet, what size leather do you need? I have a couple pair that I cannot use anymore since I can't ride sport bikes anymore. You can pm me if you are interested.
R1ridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 03:24 AM   #49
recovering user
 

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2-Fast Player View Post
Mullet, if you get a chance for a demo ride on a new D675, take it. Amazingly good bike. Even the non-R version. The suspension and handling are wonderful (the KYB stuff is quite good), the brakes are very impressive, and the motor - oh, my word, the motor. The triple is a perfect compromise between the torque of a twin and the smoothness of an inline 4. With the ABS and the slipper clutch that come on all US bikes, it's a terrific ride.

I think the only significant advantage the 675R has over the non-R is the quick-shifter, and for street riding I don't think it's important. Frankly, the non-R upshifts so smoothly without usiing the clutch that I see no need for a quick-shifter for my street use.

Don't know about the new 899, but I rode an 848 while shopping, and I think the D675 is a better bike. Much smoother, easier to ride, sharper turn-in, etc.

Got a new helmet for Christmas. My wife bought me an Icon Airmada in solid red to match the new Daytona.

The track suit looks really good. Of course, it's hard to know just how good any piece of protective gear is until you're sliding on asphalt. Hope you never find out.

Are you looking for a new streetbike, or would you consider used? The new Ninja 300 looks like a very nnice bike if you want something small, but my old Ninja 500 had excellent performance and could go two-up with no strain. You could probably pick up a decent used 500 for about $2500.
If I manage to get anything, it will definitely be used... Thus the SV idea. Those can be had for 3k or less, and seem to be in the ballpark regarding the type of riding I'd use it for. I've heard good things about Ninja 500's, but I can't get over thinking that they're ugly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ridr View Post
Hey Mullet, what size leather do you need? I have a couple pair that I cannot use anymore since I can't ride sport bikes anymore. You can pm me if you are interested.
My problem is that I'm abnormally thin. 6' and 140 lbs. Most things that are long enough are also way too wide. What do you have?
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #50
Registered User
 
R1ridr's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Kansas City, Mo
Posts: 108
I have two sets. One is a Gerike size 44 and the other is a Joe Rocket size 42. Here are a couple pics. This is the only picture of the Rockets that I have right now though.

forumrunner_20131226_083945.png



forumrunner_20131226_084005.png
R1ridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #51
Registered User
 
R1ridr's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Kansas City, Mo
Posts: 108
Here are a couple pics of my first two bikes. The people and black one was the Katana that I bought wrecked and rebuilt/repainted.

forumrunner_20131226_084540.png



forumrunner_20131226_084551.png
R1ridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #52
Semper ubi sub ubi!
 
1/2-Fast Player's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,703
The SV650 is a very nice bike. One of my riding buddies had one and loved it. Personally, I think it looks better with the full fairing on the UK version; I don't think it was sold that way in the US. But then, I generally don't care for naked bikes.

If you like the SV650, have you considered any of the Suzuki Bandits?
__________________
I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1/2
1/2-Fast Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #53
Registered User
 
Psalm27:1's Avatar
 

Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 49
I ride too. 2001 Gsxr600, planning on selling her and buying an 04-05 Gsxr 1000 this summer.



__________________
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

"Without God there is no virtue because there is no prompting of the conscience…without God there is a coarsening of the society; without God democracy will not and cannot long endure…If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under.” Ronald Reagan
Psalm27:1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #54
Semper ubi sub ubi!
 
1/2-Fast Player's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,703
Very nice! Where were the pics taken?
__________________
I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1/2
1/2-Fast Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #55
Registered User
 
Psalm27:1's Avatar
 

Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2-Fast Player View Post
Very nice! Where were the pics taken?
Skyline Dr. Near Hillsboro Oregon. Great overlook spot.
__________________
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

"Without God there is no virtue because there is no prompting of the conscience…without God there is a coarsening of the society; without God democracy will not and cannot long endure…If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under.” Ronald Reagan
Psalm27:1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #56
Semper ubi sub ubi!
 
1/2-Fast Player's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,703
Beautiful area. I'd love to ride out there someday.

R1ridr, that R1 is a beautiful bike. Do you still have it, or did you sell it?
__________________
I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1/2

Last edited by 1/2-Fast Player; 12-26-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: 42
1/2-Fast Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #57
Registered User
 
R1ridr's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Kansas City, Mo
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2-Fast Player View Post
Beautiful area. I'd love to ride out there someday.

R1ridr, that R1 is a beautiful bike. Do you still have it, or did you sell it?
I wrecked the blue one. A couple years later I decided to sell the black one because I couldn't ride it anymore. My knee doesn't bend like that anymore. I really miss it though.
R1ridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #58
Registered User
 
Psalm27:1's Avatar
 

Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2-Fast Player View Post
Beautiful area. I'd love to ride out there someday.
The riding out here (and in southern Washington) is pretty epic when the weather is nice. Everything from long sweepers, to tight and technical and everything in between.
__________________
Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

"Without God there is no virtue because there is no prompting of the conscience…without God there is a coarsening of the society; without God democracy will not and cannot long endure…If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under.” Ronald Reagan
Psalm27:1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #59
Semper ubi sub ubi!
 
1/2-Fast Player's Avatar
 

Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,703
Well, I was hoping to kick off 2014 with a long ride on the Daytona. Unfortunately, it's been wet and drizzling all day long. Nuts.
__________________
I dream of a better world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1/2
1/2-Fast Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #60
Registered User
 
R1ridr's Avatar
 

Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Kansas City, Mo
Posts: 108
I know what you mean. The bottom dropped out of the mercury here and they are calling for snow. BLAH!
R1ridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bear, james dean, motorcycle, pizza, road rash

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2