Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #46
Semper ubi sub ubi!

Mullet, if you get a chance for a demo ride on a new D675, take it. Amazingly good bike. Even the non-R version. The suspension and handling are wonderful (the KYB stuff is quite good), the brakes are very impressive, and the motor - oh, my word, the motor. The triple is a perfect compromise between the torque of a twin and the smoothness of an inline 4. With the ABS and the slipper clutch that come on all US bikes, it's a terrific ride.

I think the only significant advantage the 675R has over the non-R is the quick-shifter, and for street riding I don't think it's important. Frankly, the non-R upshifts so smoothly without usiing the clutch that I see no need for a quick-shifter for my street use.

Don't know about the new 899, but I rode an 848 while shopping, and I think the D675 is a better bike. Much smoother, easier to ride, sharper turn-in, etc.

Got a new helmet for Christmas. My wife bought me an Icon Airmada in solid red to match the new Daytona.

The track suit looks really good. Of course, it's hard to know just how good any piece of protective gear is until you're sliding on asphalt. Hope you never find out.

Are you looking for a new streetbike, or would you consider used? The new Ninja 300 looks like a very nnice bike if you want something small, but my old Ninja 500 had excellent performance and could go two-up with no strain. You could probably pick up a decent used 500 for about $2500.

1/2
1/2-Fast Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:37 AM   #47

I am an avid rider. I used to ride Yamaha R1s until I broke my leg-not on the bike mind you. Now I ride a 2003 Honda VTX 1800. My first bike was a Suzuki Katana 750 though.
Attached Thumbnails
forumrunner_20131226_023543.png   forumrunner_20131226_023723.png  
R1ridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:42 AM   #48

Hey Mullet, what size leather do you need? I have a couple pair that I cannot use anymore since I can't ride sport bikes anymore. You can pm me if you are interested.
Unread 12-26-2013, 03:24 AM   #49
recovering user

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2-Fast Player View Post
Mullet, if you get a chance for a demo ride on a new D675, take it. Amazingly good bike. Even the non-R version. The suspension and handling are wonderful (the KYB stuff is quite good), the brakes are very impressive, and the motor - oh, my word, the motor. The triple is a perfect compromise between the torque of a twin and the smoothness of an inline 4. With the ABS and the slipper clutch that come on all US bikes, it's a terrific ride.

I think the only significant advantage the 675R has over the non-R is the quick-shifter, and for street riding I don't think it's important. Frankly, the non-R upshifts so smoothly without usiing the clutch that I see no need for a quick-shifter for my street use.

Don't know about the new 899, but I rode an 848 while shopping, and I think the D675 is a better bike. Much smoother, easier to ride, sharper turn-in, etc.

Got a new helmet for Christmas. My wife bought me an Icon Airmada in solid red to match the new Daytona.

The track suit looks really good. Of course, it's hard to know just how good any piece of protective gear is until you're sliding on asphalt. Hope you never find out.

Are you looking for a new streetbike, or would you consider used? The new Ninja 300 looks like a very nnice bike if you want something small, but my old Ninja 500 had excellent performance and could go two-up with no strain. You could probably pick up a decent used 500 for about $2500.
If I manage to get anything, it will definitely be used... Thus the SV idea. Those can be had for 3k or less, and seem to be in the ballpark regarding the type of riding I'd use it for. I've heard good things about Ninja 500's, but I can't get over thinking that they're ugly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ridr View Post
Hey Mullet, what size leather do you need? I have a couple pair that I cannot use anymore since I can't ride sport bikes anymore. You can pm me if you are interested.
My problem is that I'm abnormally thin. 6' and 140 lbs. Most things that are long enough are also way too wide. What do you have?
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #50

I have two sets. One is a Gerike size 44 and the other is a Joe Rocket size 42. Here are a couple pics. This is the only picture of the Rockets that I have right now though.

forumrunner_20131226_083945.png

forumrunner_20131226_084005.png
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #51

Here are a couple pics of my first two bikes. The people and black one was the Katana that I bought wrecked and rebuilt/repainted.

forumrunner_20131226_084540.png

forumrunner_20131226_084551.png
Unread 12-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #52
Semper ubi sub ubi!

The SV650 is a very nice bike. One of my riding buddies had one and loved it. Personally, I think it looks better with the full fairing on the UK version; I don't think it was sold that way in the US. But then, I generally don't care for naked bikes.

If you like the SV650, have you considered any of the Suzuki Bandits?

1/2
Unread 12-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #53

I ride too. 2001 Gsxr600, planning on selling her and buying an 04-05 Gsxr 1000 this summer.

"Without God there is no virtue because there is no prompting of the conscience…without God there is a coarsening of the society; without God democracy will not and cannot long endure…If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under.” Ronald Reagan
Psalm27:1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #54
Semper ubi sub ubi!

Very nice! Where were the pics taken?

1/2
Unread 12-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #55

Quote:
Very nice! Where were the pics taken?
Skyline Dr. Near Hillsboro Oregon. Great overlook spot.

"Without God there is no virtue because there is no prompting of the conscience…without God there is a coarsening of the society; without God democracy will not and cannot long endure…If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under.” Ronald Reagan
Unread 12-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #56
Semper ubi sub ubi!

Beautiful area. I'd love to ride out there someday.

R1ridr, that R1 is a beautiful bike. Do you still have it, or did you sell it?

1/2

Last edited by 1/2-Fast Player; 12-26-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: 42
Unread 12-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #57

Quote:

R1ridr, that R1 is a beautiful bike. Do you still have it, or did you sell it?
I wrecked the blue one. A couple years later I decided to sell the black one because I couldn't ride it anymore. My knee doesn't bend like that anymore. I really miss it though.
Unread 12-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #58

Quote:
The riding out here (and in southern Washington) is pretty epic when the weather is nice. Everything from long sweepers, to tight and technical and everything in between.

Unread 01-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #59
Semper ubi sub ubi!

Well, I was hoping to kick off 2014 with a long ride on the Daytona. Unfortunately, it's been wet and drizzling all day long. Nuts.

1/2
Unread 01-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #60

I know what you mean. The bottom dropped out of the mercury here and they are calling for snow. BLAH!

Tags
bear, james dean, motorcycle, pizza, road rash