Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > CGR Stuff > Nostalgia
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #1

Media Worship software

Our church currently uses Media Shout version 3.x. We will be getting a new computer soon. My question is, should we upgrade to Media Shout version 4.x for $219 or look elsewhere.

Anyone use Media Shout 4 and/or other similar software? What's best?

The church in question uses a fair amount of MS Power Point files, as well as mp3 backing tracks, and video files of type: mp4, flv, wmv
We have a single projector, and we record video--not from the computer, though. We record video though a Sony camcorder and the audio comes right from the mixer.

Thanks.

Unread 07-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
Deets Go Here

I've not had much experience with Media Shout. I've heard ProPresenter is the best. I hate EasyWorship, which is what my church uses.

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
Unread 07-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
Grit 'n Grind

I have extensive experience with ProPresenter and easy worship. ProPresenter is an awesome program, but the system requirements are really really staggering to do it well.

My favorite thing about ProPresenter is that it isn't picky on video file types. Also, it can directly import power points. It isn't cheap though.
Unread 11-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #4

I have written a cloud-based presentation system for songs and bible passages. You can see it at showshare.net

The eye-popping feature of ShowShare is that is pushes content directly to viewers' devices - PCs, tablets, smartphones in real time. Or it can be used with a projector in the 'conventional' way.

ShowShare is designed to support worship leaders, and optionally displays guitar chords on the screen. It can be operated directly by musicians while leading worship, or it can be controlled at the same time from the AV desk.

ShowShare does animated backgrounds, and soundtracks attached to songs. But it's poor at PowerPoint, since PPT only runs on PCs.

Since ShowShare is cloud-based, you do need to have a reliable Internet connection to use it.
Unread 03-08-2015, 01:48 PM   #5

We use Easy Worship and have had no problems with it. It takes some memory to run, but with a new computer it shouldn't be an issue.

It handles power points, videos, songs, and everything else we've thrown at it. No complaints on our part. It's also really easy to incorporate things on the fly, which we often have to do.

I'd recommend Easy Worship to anyone in my humble opinion.