Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Theory & Technique
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
On-Line Guitar Instructor

Lightbulb Check this out - Pentatonic Scale-Position 2

Hi Guys - Many of you know how to do this. But - I bet that you've Never seen it done like this.

It looks like I'm using a program. But, it's all done with 100's of individual pics (using Microsoft Paint). I start off really slow & then it gradually speeds up. It gets to 3 notes per second.

---You can skip ahead to the 2:00 mark. The 1st 2 mins are really slow.

Follow the Red Dot & listen for Accuracy. I timed it down to the 100th of a second.

Please give me some feed back. Remember, the 1st 2 minutes are Really Slow.
----Feel free to skip ahead.
~Eric

--------- Pentatonic Scale - Position 2 ------------
-
-

From the Pew to the Praise Team in 90 Days --- *Let me help you*

Free Christian Guitar Lessons - Step-By-Step Guitar Lessons

-Check out my website- Free Christian Guitar Lessons - It'll get you Movin' Quickly!

---Check out my 50 Youtube Channel Guitar Lesson Videos.
Forgiven-Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Semper ubi sub ubi!

Well, if you're looking for feedback, I'll make a few suggestions:

1 - Depictions of guitar necks for showing scales and chords traditionally have the nut at the viewer's left, rather than the right, with the low E string at the bottom, since this will make it line up better for a right-handed player.

2 - You need to state which scale you're playing and show where the root notes are. Since you start playing on the Bb I'm guessing you intend this to depict a Bb major pentatonic, but you end on a C note rather than Bb. With that confusing things, and since the fingering's the same, I can't tell whether you're intending to play a G minor pentatonic (root at 5th fret D string) or a Bb major penatonic (root at 6th fret E string) or something oddball that ends on a C.

Most musicians will expect a scale to start and end on the same note.

3 - In addition to depicting the roots, it would be good to show the scale value of each note (3rd, 5th,...) within the colored dots.

4 - In a similar vein, it would be good to give the name of each note as it's played (G, Bb, ...).

5 - I'd also like to see a music staff with the scale notes, lighting up each as it's played.

1/2
1/2-Fast Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #3

1/2-Fast Player........Thank You! That's exactly what I was looking for. I've only been at making Guitar videos for 2 months. I've got a lot more info that I want to get out there. So - this feed back is Great! It will help in offering Better videos as I go further.

One thing that I want to point out. I didn't want the Guitar Neck & Head stock to look like Tab. I wanted it to look like it would, if you had a Guitar in your lap or standing with a strap, on the Guitar.

Good Call - it was the G Minor Pentatonic. If you were to check out the video that I did labeled as 'Pentatonic Scale - Position 1', it would be easier to see.

I could go on & on........Either way - Thanks, I really appreciate the info!

-Check out my website- Free Christian Guitar Lessons - It'll get you Movin' Quickly!

Unread 12-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgiven-Sinner View Post
Good Call - it was the G Minor Pentatonic. If you were to check out the video that I did labeled as 'Pentatonic Scale - Position 1', it would be easier to see.
You might want to also give the relative major/minor of the pentatonic you are playing, so like 1/2 fast player said, this would also be a Bb Major Pentatonic.
Current Rig: Gretsch Electromatic/Deluxe Stratocaster -> Polytuner-> BBE Wah -> MXR Dyna Comp -> TS9DX Overdrive -> MXR Custom '78 Distrotion -> Boss DD-7 Delay -> Holy Grail Plus Reverb -> Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

Check out my Journal
r3vo1ution1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #5

Thanks for the input.

Tags
pentatonic, position 2, scale