Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Life Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
The Story Teller

Finding a Seminary

Alright, I'm trying this again haha. Some time ago I posted that I was looking for a school that I could study apologetics at (the thread then morphed into a presuppositional vs classical outlook), and at the time I had yet to finish my third year of college. Well, I am now in the process of getting my Bachelor's of General Studies from an unaccredited college, which messes things up with me trying to further my education after this. Anyways, I still am searching for a seminary that would offer the best education/training in apologetics and philosophy. SES is apparently a well respected school, as is Biola/Talbot. But has anyone heard of Veritas Evangelical Seminary? Is it a decent study?

More or less I'm looking for advice. However, I am must defend my choice for going to an unaccredited school: I wasn't planning on furthering my education after this... but I believe God has other plans for me. I know Briercrest Seminary and Veritas will accept our credits, since it is a rigorous academic school and solid Biblically. Anyways... advice?

"When you say there's too much evil in this world you assume there's good. When you assume there's good, you assume there's such a thing as a moral law on the basis of which to differentiate between good and evil. But if you assume a moral law, you must posit a moral Law Giver, but that's Who you're trying to disprove and not prove. Because if there's no moral Law Giver, there's no moral law. If there's no moral law, there's no good. If there's no good, there's no evil. What is your question?" — Ravi Zacharias
Caged Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
The Story Teller

So I've narrowed down my choices to two: Veritas Evangelical Seminary and Southern Evangelical Seminary. I am leaning towards SES at the time, as it is well established, good teachers and more class/degree options. The amount of electives offered at SES is substantial, whereas Veritas seems to lack those options. Does anyone have any advice or anything, as in what they would do?
"When you say there's too much evil in this world you assume there's good. When you assume there's good, you assume there's such a thing as a moral law on the basis of which to differentiate between good and evil. But if you assume a moral law, you must posit a moral Law Giver, but that's Who you're trying to disprove and not prove. Because if there's no moral Law Giver, there's no moral law. If there's no moral law, there's no good. If there's no good, there's no evil. What is your question?" — Ravi Zacharias
Unread 12-31-2014, 06:54 AM   #3

I believe God has other plans for me.INDEED
Whether you want to pass pmp handbook exam exams or looking for istqb dumps certification, our Test-king Certification can provide guaranteed success in real exam of www.pmc.edu ccna training are also having Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
deOmair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2014, 07:42 AM   #4
Deets Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by deOmair View Post
I believe God has other plans for me.INDEED
With one day left in the year, you posted one of the oddest posts all year. Congratulations!

Follow my ramblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer.
Your mother appears to have been infected by Kentl.
bravesfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2014, 10:40 AM   #5
The Story Teller

Well since the curiosity is there, I chose SES
Unread 12-31-2014, 03:15 PM   #6
Psychic theo-philosopher

paid
How'd it go?

They want to stop the ones who want
Prosthetic foreheads on their heads
But everybody wants prosthetic
Foreheads on their real heads

We Want a Rock, They Might Be Giants

Hidden?
athanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #7
The Story Teller

Oh it's going fine. It is only part time right now, as I am still working for a small Bible College. But I'm starting up my 6th class soon, which should be fun. I guess technically I am done a quarter of my degree...