Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #121
Grit 'n Grind

Somehow, there was a one point safety tonight, and I missed it. Did anyone see it?

Unread 01-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandrew View Post
Somehow, there was a one point safety tonight, and I missed it. Did anyone see it?
Or. attempted an extra point after a touchdown. K. state blocked it, recovered it, back peddled into the end zone, an Or. player made the tackle, one point.
jthomas1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #123

Johnny Manziel passed for 287 yards and rushed for 229. That was the first time I've actually watched him play. What impressed me the most was the velocity and accuracy of his passes when he was throwing across his body while back peddling in the wrong direction. Throws that really he just shouldn't have made. He seems to have a quick delivery...some times there seemed to be little wind up and no follow through and yet the pass was smooth, accurate, and strong.
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #124

N D basically "just barely" beat quite a few of the teams they played this year and there was a lot of talk about whether or not that should have maybe down graded their ranking. Looks like it should have. They don't look like they even belong on the same field as Bama.
Unread 01-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #125
Shared my password

Send a message via AIM to penguinofwar Send a message via MSN to penguinofwar Send a message via Yahoo to penguinofwar
Wow, that was a joke. You're right, JT, although ND beat a couple solid teams (Stanford, Oklahoma) they barely beat some feasible teams (Purdue, Pittsburgh). Michigan played terrible at ND (6 turnovers) and they still almost won. While you could argue that ND plays to the strength of their opponent, quite frankly I just don't think they were that good. Obviously tonight showed that, but there was a lot of evidence otherwise as well that got overlooked.
Unread 01-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #126
Ax
Rabid Wombat

I knew it was gonna be a blowout, I didn't know it'd be like that. That was a massacre.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #127
Unregistered Visitor

Send a message via AIM to bowstaff981 Send a message via Yahoo to bowstaff981
Oh look another national championship game that does nothing but exhibit the fact that we need a full playoff system. This game is turning into the pro-bowl. It's neat to see who gets in, but I'm never going to watch it.
bowstaff981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #128
I don't like applesauce

Send a message via AIM to Gwenny
Ohio State ended up ranked 3rd in the AP poll, without having played in a bowl game.
Gwenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2015, 08:08 PM   #129
I don't like applesauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenny View Post
I think there was a point made in there about how the SEC will probably lose it's domination after the NCAA goes to a playoff system. So, either Ax is trying to use this as his way to explain away the SEC faltering in the next few years when it happens, or he didn't understand the article at all, and his trash talk is sad and pathetic.
I'm resurrecting a thread because this is very accurate as of this year, lol. I am either psychic (which I'm not) or actually very smart when it comes to college football (This is accurate). lol
Unread 01-07-2015, 12:15 PM   #130
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
I'm resurrecting a thread because this is very accurate as of this year, lol. I am either psychic (which I'm not) or actually very smart when it comes to college football (This is accurate). lol
I still think the SEC is the strongest conference in football. Especially the west, in fact, really only the west this year. OSU beating Alabama isn't an indicator of anything other than Urban Meyer and his team executed better than Alabama. Alabama this year was also clearly not the Alabama of previous years. Their defense wasn't nearly as good and their offense was even more single faceted than it had been.

The other SEC West teams had very little motivation to do anything in their bowl games. In a year where all but one was in 'playoffs-or-bust' mode, 4 of them busted. Ole Miss was missing a few starters, and bad Bo obviously showed up to that. Miss St looked like they just didn't care. They went from being ranked #1 overall to missing the playoffs in about 3 weeks. What were they even there for? Especially against a GT team that almost lost their coach before the season started and had a chip on their shoulders.

But that's the thing about playoffs... getting there is a feat in and of itself, especially when there are 5 conferences, a high profile team without a conference, and only 4 spots. After that, it's a crapshoot. Honestly, I think TCU should have been in there instead of FSU, but they were undefeated so that wasn't going to happen. So an overrated team from a crappy ACC made it as a fluke. Stuff like that happens.

I think Oregon will beat OSU. Mariota cannot be stopped. I think the way they played last week they could have beat anybody and I think they're going to come out gunning. On top of that they play fast and they execute their plays. Going to be very tough to defend with Mariota looking to make a statement in his final game.

Either way, should be a good game and hopefully I'll get to see Urban Meyer throw more headsets.

First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Public Blog

Unread 01-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #131
I don't like applesauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
I still think the SEC is the strongest conference in football. Especially the west, in fact, really only the west this year. OSU beating Alabama isn't an indicator of anything other than Urban Meyer and his team executed better than Alabama. Alabama this year was also clearly not the Alabama of previous years. Their defense wasn't nearly as good and their offense was even more single faceted than it had been.

The other SEC West teams had very little motivation to do anything in their bowl games. In a year where all but one was in 'playoffs-or-bust' mode, 4 of them busted. Ole Miss was missing a few starters, and bad Bo obviously showed up to that. Miss St looked like they just didn't care. They went from being ranked #1 overall to missing the playoffs in about 3 weeks. What were they even there for? Especially against a GT team that almost lost their coach before the season started and had a chip on their shoulders.

But that's the thing about playoffs... getting there is a feat in and of itself, especially when there are 5 conferences, a high profile team without a conference, and only 4 spots. After that, it's a crapshoot. Honestly, I think TCU should have been in there instead of FSU, but they were undefeated so that wasn't going to happen. So an overrated team from a crappy ACC made it as a fluke. Stuff like that happens.

I think Oregon will beat OSU. Mariota cannot be stopped. I think the way they played last week they could have beat anybody and I think they're going to come out gunning. On top of that they play fast and they execute their plays. Going to be very tough to defend with Mariota looking to make a statement in his final game.

Either way, should be a good game and hopefully I'll get to see Urban Meyer throw more headsets.
Ohio State beat the best team in the SEC with a third string quarterback. I don't know who will win, but counting out Ohio State is not smart.
Unread 01-08-2015, 11:24 AM   #132
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Ohio State beat the best team in the SEC with a third string quarterback. I don't know who will win, but counting out Ohio State is not smart.
I'm not really counting them out, I'm just that damn impressed with Oregon. Urban Meyer, as much as I hate him, is without a doubt one of the best coaches that ever lived. But I'm not sure outcoaching Oregon can stop Mariota. Just... jeebus... Also, your third string QB should have been starting the whole time. Just sayin'.

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Unread 01-12-2015, 02:31 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
Also, your third string QB should have been starting the whole time. Just sayin'.
JT Barrett only set the OSU and Big 10 record for TD's in a season and finished 5th in the Heisman (he's only a red shirt freshman.) I feel pretty confident about tomorrow night's game, but if Barrett was playing, I'd have no doubt that the Bucks would win.
buckeyesteve is offline   Reply With Quote