Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #76
Unregistered Visitor

Send a message via AIM to bowstaff981 Send a message via Yahoo to bowstaff981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
I'm not really sure what the article is trying to say other than pointing out how screwy the conferences are in the NCAA right now.

bowstaff981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 11-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #77
Shared my password

Send a message via AIM to penguinofwar Send a message via MSN to penguinofwar Send a message via Yahoo to penguinofwar
Only makes me want the SEC to lose more....
Unread 11-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #78
I don't like applesauce

Send a message via AIM to Gwenny
Quote:
I dunno, there are a lot of Notre Dame haters. LOTS of them.
Seriously. Notre Dame is the most hated team in the history of college football.

However.... The Sec is the most hated conference in the United States as well, and honestly, I think even the most die-hard Notre Dame haters, will rally with their conference and root against the SEC.

I won't watch that national championship anyway, because I despise both the SEC and Notre Dame and would rather watch paint drying.
Gwenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #79
I don't like applesauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowstaff981 View Post
I'm not really sure what the article is trying to say other than pointing out how screwy the conferences are in the NCAA right now.
I think there was a point made in there about how the SEC will probably lose it's domination after the NCAA goes to a playoff system. So, either Ax is trying to use this as his way to explain away the SEC faltering in the next few years when it happens, or he didn't understand the article at all, and his trash talk is sad and pathetic.
Unread 11-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #80
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenny View Post
I think there was a point made in there about how the SEC will probably lose it's domination after the NCAA goes to a playoff system. So, either Ax is trying to use this as his way to explain away the SEC faltering in the next few years when it happens, or he didn't understand the article at all, and his trash talk is sad and pathetic.
The point of the article is about why the SEC's national championship means more than any other conference right now and how the SEC is stronger. The SEC isn't overrated, it's overloaded if anything.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #81
Shared my password

Send a message via AIM to penguinofwar Send a message via MSN to penguinofwar Send a message via Yahoo to penguinofwar
I'm a Michigan fan, and I hate Notre Dame. But it would mean more at this point for the SEC to go down.

I'm kinda sniffin a USC upset this saturday, though, so it might not even matter.
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #82
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinofwar View Post
I'm a Michigan fan, and I hate Notre Dame. But it would mean more at this point for the SEC to go down.

I'm kinda sniffin a USC upset this saturday, though, so it might not even matter.
If USC upsets them, who get's the title nod? Obviously SEC champion, but who then? ND? Oregon, Kansas State?

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #83
I don't like applesauce

Quote:
If USC upsets them, who get's the title nod? Obviously SEC champion, but who then? ND? Oregon, Kansas State?
Ohio State! Wait...nevermind.

lol.

Oregon, most likely. Voters do not like Kansas State or Notre Dame. I have a feeling they'd be more prone to voting in Oregon.
Unread 11-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #84
Shared my password

I was under the impression it would lead to another SEC matchup.
Unread 11-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #85
is still learning...

I'm not a "fan" of a conference, but they do make a difference in overall records. West Virginia and TCU are finding out how tough it is week in, week out when your schedule toughens up. W. Virginia will have their worst record in well over a decade, and TCU is no where near the upper standings nationally that they were before joining the Big XII
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #86
I don't like applesauce

O-H-12-O lol, that's the new chant in Columbus.

Awesome way to end the season, even though Ohio State can't play for anything in the post-season, going 12 and 0 is not bad, no matter what conference you're in.
Unread 11-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #87
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenny View Post
O-H-12-O lol, that's the new chant in Columbus.

Awesome way to end the season, even though Ohio State can't play for anything in the post-season, going 12 and 0 is not bad, no matter what conference you're in.
Very true. The Big 10 looks to be dominated by Ohio State and Urban Meyer for the for-seeable future.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #88
Shared my password

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerSteve View Post
Very true. The Big 10 looks to be dominated by Ohio State and Urban Meyer for the for-seeable future.
Meh, Michigan had many opportunities to win today, and they'll be pretty even matched with OSU, at the least, for the years coming. Don't really know what is in store for Nebraska or Wisconsin, but they're the next two contenders after that. Big fall off after that though.

Good luck to Ohio State in their bowl game.
Unread 11-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #89
Unregistered Visitor

Send a message via AIM to bowstaff981 Send a message via Yahoo to bowstaff981
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerSteve View Post
I'm not a "fan" of a conference, but they do make a difference in overall records. West Virginia and TCU are finding out how tough it is week in, week out when your schedule toughens up. W. Virginia will have their worst record in well over a decade, and TCU is no where near the upper standings nationally that they were before joining the Big XII
And Texas A&M moves to the SEC and has their best season since 1998, including having 6 division wins, which they have done only once since 1998. Their losses this season have been by five points or less and to schools that are now ranked 4 and 7.
bowstaff981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #90
I don't like applesauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowstaff981

And Texas A&M moves to the SEC and has their best season since 1998, including having 6 division wins, which they have done only once since 1998. Their losses this season have been by five points or less and to schools that are now ranked 4 and 7.
That might have something to do with their quarterback. This is the first time in many years a freshman has been given serious consideration for the Heisman Award.