Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #46
I don't like applesauce

Send a message via AIM to Gwenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
I am terrified of Saturday. I don't know that any of your teams are going to have such a nerve wracking matchup during the regular season. I could be wrong. I guess Oregon and Oregon State if one or both are still undefeated at that point. But... damn. UGA - Florida... I'd like to say that I'm confident in my Dawgs, but I simply cannot. I'm bracing myself for a loss, but who knows, maybe on that stage Rambo and Ogletree might remember what they knew last year. And with Jarvis Jones coming back, maybe two weeks off will have given him rest and he'll be the same dominant guy that made Missouri's offense look silly (once he got going).
We have that matchup every year with Ohio State and Michigan. lol.

Gwenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #47
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
I don't think I've ever seen something like this before:

UNC player delivers what looks like dirty cheap shot on Duke

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #48
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenny View Post
We have that matchup every year with Ohio State and Michigan. lol.
Not talking heated rivalry, well a bit, but the winner of this game will win the SEC east. So it's not just a violent heated rivalry, it's a game where both teams' entire seasons are at stake.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #49
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
I don't think I've ever seen something like this before:

UNC player delivers what looks like dirty cheap shot on Duke
Cheap shot for sure. Looks like he's going to get a game suspension out of it, but cheap shots like this really taint games where the rivalry itself should be enough to get attention.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #50
is still learning...

I'm a KU fan through and through, but I'll give props to K-State and Collin Klein. They just keep moving forward no matter where the games are played, and who is on the schedule. Klein seems to be a remarkable athlete, as well as a man of character.

Hope I don't lose my fan card for KU, but I DO respect what Coach Bill Snyder has done down the road in Manhattan.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 04:39 AM   #51
I don't like applesauce

Quote:
Not talking heated rivalry, well a bit, but the winner of this game will win the SEC east. So it's not just a violent heated rivalry, it's a game where both teams' entire seasons are at stake.
Do you realize how many times Ohio State and Michigan have played spoilers to each other? Ohio State can't win anything this year, except a division championship, but they can ruin Michigan's shot at the Big Ten title game and a spot in a BCS bowl as the automatic bid qualifier. So I'd say Michigan's season is definitely at stake when they go up against Ohio State. That's how high the stakes are every year for that game, just so you know.
Unread 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #52

It looks like the Ducks play their last game against the Beavers. The Ducks better not fall asleep. It doesn't matter how good or bad either team is playing they always seem to get up for this one. Right now they're both in the top 10. And Oregon should be higher than 4!!!!!
jthomas1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #53
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenny View Post
Do you realize how many times Ohio State and Michigan have played spoilers to each other? Ohio State can't win anything this year, except a division championship, but they can ruin Michigan's shot at the Big Ten title game and a spot in a BCS bowl as the automatic bid qualifier. So I'd say Michigan's season is definitely at stake when they go up against Ohio State. That's how high the stakes are every year for that game, just so you know.
Yeah, but Florida is in national title contention, and the winner goes on to face Alabama, and the winner of that game will likely be in the championship, even if it is a 1 loss UGA.

First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Public Blog

Unread 10-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #54
I don't like applesauce

Quote:
Yeah, but Florida is in national title contention, and the winner goes on to face Alabama, and the winner of that game will likely be in the championship, even if it is a 1 loss UGA.
And Ohio State and Michigan have beaten each other many times when each was in the spot to end up as national champions. I just don't think you have anything over an Ohio State/Michigan fan, because they endure that type of game A LOT.
Unread 10-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #55
Administrator

I'm surprised Ax hasn't checked in yet. Must be out celebrating.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 10-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #56
I don't like applesauce

Quote:
I honestly wasn't all that surprised. I thought Florida was overrated from the beginning and that Georgia's loss was a bad one and they were better.

All I have to say though, aside from that, is 9-0, when they were 3-3 last year, and by they I mean Ohio State. Next year will be awesome.
Unread 10-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #57
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Actually was playing board games. But I'm not celebrating just yet. There's still Alabama and 5 undefeated teams including Notre Dame (who I hate so very very much).

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Unread 10-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #58
Ax
Rabid Wombat

AP Poll, I do not understand you. Why is an ineligible team ranked? Just makes no sense.

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Unread 10-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #59
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax
AP Poll, I do not understand you. Why is an ineligible team ranked? Just makes no sense.
There's probably something about factoring in an ineligible team for SOS purposes in the BCS poll.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 10-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #60
I don't like applesauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve

There's probably something about factoring in an ineligible team for SOS purposes in the BCS poll.
Because the AP poll has no bearing on the BCS. That is the coaches poll that is done by USA Today and the computers crunching numbers. The AP poll is more of a vanity poll and for bragging rights.