Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #31
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinofwar View Post
Braxton Miller is good. It'll be an interesting match up in late November when Michigan goes to Columbus.

Nice to see Michigan put a beat down on the road in the Big 10.

Now if somebody would just beat Alabama...
Only way that happens is they get beat in the SEC championship game. Whatever team goes is gonna have a very tough time of it.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 10-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #32
transubstantiate life

Eh I could maybe see Alabama going down when they play at LSU, since lsu is good at night games at home. Unlikely but probably the only game other than the SEC championship that poses a threat.

Also...Oregon state fight fight fight?

Check out my Blog!
SccHarpGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #33
Art
Superfly.
Administrator

paid
Those Oregon teams are looking good for sure.
Unread 10-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #34
is still learning...

What about Ohio? Nice article in Sports Illustrated this week. Frank Solich doing a job there!
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #35

I'm an Organ ducks fan. They looked good Thu. although they just coasted the second half.

I live in Texas though and work in Louisiana so you can imagine how I feel about LSU. Right now I'm watching Texas A&M make the Tigers look pretty bad. Let's go Aggies. I'd love to see LSU drop out of the top ten.
jthomas1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #36

Great googly moogly, &#(@(# #& &&@!*@ #&#(@ (@*# ) ((#$(@)#$&* $(*@# @@( LSU
Unread 10-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #37
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas1600
I'm an Organ ducks fan. They looked good Thu. although they just coasted the second half.

I live in Texas though and work in Louisiana so you can imagine how I feel about LSU. Right now I'm watching Texas A&M make the Tigers look pretty bad. Let's go Aggies. I'd love to see LSU drop out of the top ten.
So TAMU is having a successful year in the SEC?

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
So TAMU is having a successful year in the SEC?
Not sure how you define successful, but it appears they're doing OK. Ranked 18. And for a brief moment it looked like they were going to beat LSU. I'm hopeful that they will come back and look better in the second half.
Unread 10-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #39
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas1600

Not sure how you define successful, but it appears they're doing OK. Ranked 18. And for a brief moment it looked like they were going to beat LSU. I'm hopeful that they will come back and look better in the second half.
The initial prediction was that they would get trashed every week by the vastly superior SEC teams.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 10-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #40
I don't like applesauce

Send a message via AIM to Gwenny
So in case anyone was wondering or cared, Braxton Miller is okay. He got cleared yesterday evening after leaving with concussion like symptoms after having his head slammed on the artificial turf after a really violent tackle.

Doctors have cleared him for play though.

Also, that overtime win was not good for my heart rate. lol.

Oh, and Noelle, Kirk Herbstreit talked a lot last night in the Florida State and Miami (FL) game about how underrated and great Oregon State is, and that he thinks they could make it to the national championship. I thought you'd appreciate that.
Gwenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #41
Administrator

That tackle on Miller was rough. In the replays I saw, it definitely looked clean, but yeah, going down like that on turf is no good.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #42
I don't like applesauce

Send a message via AIM to Gwenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
That tackle on Miller was rough. In the replays I saw, it definitely looked clean, but yeah, going down like that on turf is no good.
Yeah, it was clean, but it looked terrible. At first glance, I thought he got knocked out cold, since he laid there without moving at all for a good 30 seconds. Then it took them at least 10 minutes just to get him off the field, and the way he was bent over when he was leaving, it looked awful.

Then of course they put him on the back board and take him to the hospital, so people were speculating on twitter and online that he had broken his back or cracked a vertebrae in his neck.

Definitely scary. Although, I have to give props to Kenny Guiton. He was awesome in bringing the Buckeyes back to tie it up in regulation and driving them down to the five yard line to give Carlos Hyde a chance to win it in overtime.
Gwenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #43
Ax
Rabid Wombat

I am terrified of Saturday. I don't know that any of your teams are going to have such a nerve wracking matchup during the regular season. I could be wrong. I guess Oregon and Oregon State if one or both are still undefeated at that point. But... damn. UGA - Florida... I'd like to say that I'm confident in my Dawgs, but I simply cannot. I'm bracing myself for a loss, but who knows, maybe on that stage Rambo and Ogletree might remember what they knew last year. And with Jarvis Jones coming back, maybe two weeks off will have given him rest and he'll be the same dominant guy that made Missouri's offense look silly (once he got going).

First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Public Blog

Unread 10-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #44
Grit 'n Grind

My undefeated alma mater plays at Alabama Saturday. My school has had a pretty easy schedule so far, so we'll learn a lot on Saturday.
Unread 10-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #45
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandrew View Post
My undefeated alma mater plays at Alabama Saturday. My school has had a pretty easy schedule so far, so we'll learn a lot on Saturday.
Yup, like just how much Alabama can kick your butt. Sorry, probably not telling you anything you didn't want to admit... but Alabama is just that good.

Current Rig:

Public Blog