Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Hobbies & Entertainment > Sports & Outdoors
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #16
transubstantiate life

And OSU proves two weeks ago vs Wisconsin was no fluke...we can beat a ranked opponent again, and on the road, too. We better be in the top 25 this week!

Check out my Blog!

Last edited by SccHarpGirl; 09-22-2012 at 06:01 PM.
SccHarpGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:13 PM   #17
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SccHarpGirl View Post
And OSU proves two weeks ago vs Wisconsin was no fluke...we can beat a ranked opponent again, and on the road, too. We better be in the top 25 this week!
They beat both teams by a TD or less... I think it says more about why Wisconsin and UCLA shouldn't be ranked than why Oregon State should be ranked. If they beat Arizona, I'll buy why they should be ranked in the 20s, but I think it's much more indicative that the other teams were overrated.

AXimus AXamillion AXington
First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Public Blog

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #18
Band

Send a message via AIM to MrCrabby Send a message via MSN to MrCrabby
Attn Clemson Fans:

MrCrabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #19
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
They beat both teams by a TD or less... I think it says more about why Wisconsin and UCLA shouldn't be ranked than why Oregon State should be ranked. If they beat Arizona, I'll buy why they should be ranked in the 20s, but I think it's much more indicative that the other teams were overrated.
I could be wrong, but I'm betting she's referring to Ohio State.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 10:19 PM   #20
transubstantiate life

No, Oregon state...I guess I just get sick of seeing Oregon ranked so high stomping on nobodies (up to this week, Arizona is a surprise this year, and Oregon handled them pretty completely)...just feel like we deserve a spot beating two ranked opponents. Although Wisconsin was clearly overrated, ucla is a solid program. Though it remains to be seen if we can beat Arizona next week...I think 18 in the ap poll is a bit high given we've only played two games, but it is nice to get some recognition.

Check out my Blog!
SccHarpGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #21
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerSteve View Post
I could be wrong, but I'm betting she's referring to Ohio State.
I thought so at first too since that usually who you see referred to as OSU, but Ohio State was already ranked, though I'm not sure why when they're serving a one year bowl ban. :shrug: Not only that but Ohio hadn't played any of the teams she mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SccHarpGirl View Post
No, Oregon state...I guess I just get sick of seeing Oregon ranked so high stomping on nobodies (up to this week, Arizona is a surprise this year, and Oregon handled them pretty completely)...just feel like we deserve a spot beating two ranked opponents. Although Wisconsin was clearly overrated, ucla is a solid program. Though it remains to be seen if we can beat Arizona next week...I think 18 in the ap poll is a bit high given we've only played two games, but it is nice to get some recognition.
I think 18 is certainly high. I could have seen mid 20s... but 18... dunno, maybe voters are seeing something I'm not. That being said, kudos, it's nice to see some fresh blood in the rankings.

The reason Oregon is ranked so high can be summed up in one word: speed. Those guys are just impressive to watch, even if they are beating up on scrubs. I watch 8-10 CFB games every week. Oregon is one of those that lately I make a point not to miss because they're just fun to watch. I still think Alabama has the better team though. It will be interesting to see what happens if Oregon ends up playing a top tier SEC defense. Should be a REALLY fun game.

First of his name, moderator of the guitars and other instruments forums, changer of journal titles, haver of long titular epithets.

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.

Public Blog

Unread 10-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #22
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Wow, neither Florida or LSU looks up to their billing... This game is kind of pathetic.

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Unread 10-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #23
I don't like applesauce

Send a message via AIM to Gwenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax
Wow, neither Florida or LSU looks up to their billing... This game is kind of pathetic.
Yesterday was quite shocking with Lsu Georgia Florida state all losing. But I was very pleased with Ohio states butt whooping of Nebraska. That game reminded me of the 2006 buckeyes.
Gwenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #24
Ax
Rabid Wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenny View Post
Yesterday was quite shocking with Lsu Georgia Florida state all losing. But I was very pleased with Ohio states butt whooping of Nebraska. That game reminded me of the 2006 buckeyes.
It was. Worst weekend ever to be an ATL/GA sports fan.

Current Rig:

Public Blog

Unread 10-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #25
is still learning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
It was. Worst weekend ever to be an ATL/GA sports fan.
I'm a KU and KC Chiefs fan...that sounds like a "regular" weekend for me.
TunerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #26
Shared my password

Send a message via AIM to penguinofwar Send a message via MSN to penguinofwar Send a message via Yahoo to penguinofwar
Braxton Miller is good. It'll be an interesting match up in late November when Michigan goes to Columbus.

Nice to see Michigan put a beat down on the road in the Big 10.

Now if somebody would just beat Alabama...
Unread 10-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #27
I don't like applesauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinofwar View Post
Braxton Miller is good. It'll be an interesting match up in late November when Michigan goes to Columbus.

Nice to see Michigan put a beat down on the road in the Big 10.

Now if somebody would just beat Alabama...
Especially if OSU and Michigan are both still ranked going into that final game.
Unread 10-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #28
Rey de CGR
Administrator

paid
I wish my team (Virginia Tech) didn't suck this year... We just lost to UNC yesterday.

Donate blood and save up to three lives! Skeptical or curious about the facts? Please click here and find out from the experts!
DaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #29
Shared my password

Send a message via AIM to penguinofwar Send a message via MSN to penguinofwar Send a message via Yahoo to penguinofwar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenny View Post
Especially if OSU and Michigan are both still ranked going into that final game.
For sure, it's about time there was a hype matchup between the two.
Unread 10-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #30
I don't like applesauce

I am extremely frustrated after watching last night's game between Indiana and Ohio State.

That game should not have lasted 4 1/2 hours and it shouldn't have included 23 of Indiana's points after blatant favoritism on reviews and lack of non or blown calls and TERRIBLE officiating by horrendous Big 10 officials. They looked worse than the replacement refs for the NFL.

And I'm not being a homer, or just mad at Ohio State's playing. The officiating led to 23 points, which is just fact. It was all over twitter, even ESPN folks on twitter made the comment on it. It was BAD.