Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #1

Product demonstrator services offered (i swear this aint spam)

Hey guys! I know this may seem weird but I have always wanted to be a product demonstrator for pretty much any guitar builder/company/or store that will hire me but big-name companies want big-names guitarists demoing their gear so I'm gonna have to start small. Which I dot mind at all. in fact I prefer that because I personally think most big name companies are overrated IMHO so if I can help maybe a small shop get their name out there id love to have the opportunity if you know of or are someone that would like to give me a shot please pm me and let me know.
Tbh i really don't know which forum this needs to be in so if I'm in the wrong place please let me know
Thanks and God bless!

G-A-Nator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 05-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
Be happy

I think most product demonstrations are just done by regular employees of the business. I doubt companies hire people just to demo gear.

If you want to demo gear, why not start by demoing what you have on YouTube. See if you get any interest.
Unread 05-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #3

Thanks I'll definitely try to do that
G-A-Nator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecockroach
I think most product demonstrations are just done by regular employees of the business. I doubt companies hire people just to demo gear.

If you want to demo gear, why not start by demoing what you have on YouTube. See if you get any interest.
Some companies do hire just for demos, but the point remains, if no one here has heard you play, it's going to make this a lot harder. You might have a lot more success trying this in your local market.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
Hey, I can change this!!!

I'm no superstar player, but when I was at college I used to spend Saturday afternoons in my local music store chatting, playing, and selling more guitars that the woman who ran the shop.

got to the stage that where she didn't employ me as such, but gave me anything I wanted at cost price and threw me £5 (which was more 30 years ago!) every week I showed up.

by no means a "give up the day job" scenario, but a load of fun!

luthier blog

Soundclick Developing Worship forum
martinedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
Semper ubi sub ubi!

Think about it for a while from a potential employers point of view.

Why should they hire you? What would make you uniquely qualified to do this? Do you have remarkable versatility, fluent in everything from jazz to chicken-pickin', from metal to Mozart? What can you do that will show off the most products to the most customers with best effect?

Bottom lines matter. They have to make more money by employing you than they would without you. How will you generate more revenue than your employment will cost?

1/2
1/2-Fast Player is offline   Reply With Quote