Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Deeper Issues > Theology
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #1

The Cross

I was thinking on the cross today coming home from church, and I've always been told that satan thought he was victorious by killing Christ. The more I thought about it the more it didn't make sense. I just don't think satan is that stupid. I think God gave me this word for a reason. I think satan relied on the fact that God had made himself really man. Feeling all of our pain, and doubts. I think he really believed that Jesus would save himself from the torture of the cross. We all know that we wouldn't have chosen to stay up there when we could speak our way out of the pain, and suffering no matter if the whole world was at stake. The pain was too much, but Jesus was strong enough to take all of our doubts and fears upon himself. He made a way for us!

jwbrownlula is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 04-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Wombatty

I don't think the devil had any idea that Christ would be ressurrected. I think he knew that he would die on the cross. What really matters is that Christ is risen!

Check out http://www.christianguitar.org/forum..."Red">l</font>[/size]
Vanguard17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #3

paid
Well, Paul and Jesus both said that Christ was raised according to the Scriptures. So, before the NT there was sufficien grounds to predict a resurrection of the Messiah. Whether Satan sinfully rejected that knowledge or suppressed the truth in his unrighteousness we can't tell.