Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Music & Musicians > Hardware > Effects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Up past noon

Visual Sound - unbelievable customer service

Had to take a second to give Visual Sound some mad props.

I was having trouble getting my JHS mini dual tap to work with both the Dual Tap Delay and my DD-7. Whenever both were plugged in, it wouldn't tap into the Dual Tap.

So, I contacted Dana Weaver at VS and he told me to send the DTD and JHS in and they'd check it out. Oh. And they sent FedEx to pick up the package.

Anyway, after checking it out, Dana gave me a call and said basically that not all taps/tap delays work the same way and that they were working to make the Dual Tap Delay more universal for different tap inputs. Bummer, right?

But, he then also said they could change the switch on the JHS to a different one, and it would actually solve the problem. Which they did, at no charge, and are now sending my pedals back.

I have never experienced customer service like this in my entire life from any other company. Shipping the pedal back and forth on their dime, and modifying a pedal that wasn't even one of theirs? IMO, that's way beyond going the extra mile and they've easily made me a lifetime fan. Absolutely stellar.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Was it an issue with the tap polarity?

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Up past noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve
Was it an issue with the tap polarity?
I don't think he mentioned polarity. I think the fix with the JHS changed the way that it was splitting the signal to the two outputs. To be honest, some of the technical stuff was over my head when he was explaining it, so the main thing I heard was that he found a problem and that he could fix it.
Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
I don't think he mentioned polarity. I think the fix with the JHS changed the way that it was splitting the signal to the two outputs. To be honest, some of the technical stuff was over my head when he was explaining it, so the main thing I heard was that he found a problem and that he could fix it.
Indeed. VS definitely has a great CS reputation. They offered to send me a replacement part for free when I was having issues with my J&H.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
Arnold Palmers FTW

Send a message via AIM to jamforchrist123 Send a message via Skype™ to jamforchrist123
I have always loved VS gear and the fact that they have great CS is ever better.
jamforchrist123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #6

I've had great customer service with VS, specifically with my V1 H2o pedal.
The Bucket Brigade chip can have a tendency to go out, making a rolling thunder sound. It went out two different times, and each time they sent a new chip to me. No charge.
Great people, and Christian Folk too!
Bushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:41 AM   #7

I too have been blown away by their customer service.

Vox AC30CC1

Sennheiser G2 300 Wireless Receiver, T1M Input Selection w/ MiniBuffer, Korg Pitchblack, Ernie Ball VP Jr (2x), Boss LS-2, SaturnWorks Mini Bypass Looper, Vox V847 Wah, SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster, Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde, Fulltone Fulldrive 2, TenWatt Rat Clone, Strymon Bluesky, Barber Tonepress, Visual Sound GarageTone Tremolo, Visual Sound H2O, Eventide Timefactor w/ customer T1M footswitch

Carvin C750TS
Alvarez RD8C (w/ custom mod job )

Quality transactions with: Gaetano Paul, Chocolate Bear, S.B. Nichols, Almost Enough, relient nelson, snizzle
ibanez_dude is offline   Reply With Quote