Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Worship Leading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #16
Heaven isn't too far away

Send a message via AIM to gtrdave
I just made this chart in Word using that 'chord charts 2.0' method that I mentioned earlier.
Took about 20 minutes.
It's Linclon Brewster's arrangement of "You Are Good".
Attached Files
File Type: doc You Are Good.doc (25.5 KB, 188 views)

youtube
facebook
cd baby
gtrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 03-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #17

Quote:
use this thing called a pencil
Oh, the Ludite pain is making me hurt. I enter my chord sheets on Songsheet Generator and keep them with me all the time on my Android phone and tablet. They are synced through the cloud with dropbox, so edits I make on the Android device or my PC are automatically transferred to all my devices. It's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Regards,
David
DavC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #18
I just have to have a say

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavC View Post
Greetings DP74,

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but it's only on the 2nd page, so it can't be too bad.

On a Windows PC, I use Songsheet Generator — good editing and printing capabilities — and a fullscreen projector mode.

On an Android Phone/Tablet, I use [shhh] it's a secret.

Regards,
David
Actually found that chord sheet generator and I love it. The problem for me with using MS word and pen and paper was really just this. (and I admit this wasn't something I put in the original post) I wasn't able to transpose. So if I made a change to one copy I had to make that change to all of them. So the songsheet generator was great once I got the hang of it. I should have posted back on the forum. (there's too many open ended threads on the forum). So yes I have adopted songsheet generator. I like the options. There are a couple features I'd like to see but the price is right. (FREE) but I could see me donating soon because the program is very good. One feature I'd like is to send it all to PDF format. It's not that big of a deal thought. Also, I downloaded bullzip so I can print the charts directly to PDF. To me the projector mode isn't very usable but if I needed it in a jam then I could see where it could be a benefit. It's a great program and I'ts saved me lots of time.

I hope this helps anyone else who needs the same information

DP74
1 Thes. 5:16-18 // Rejoice always, pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus to you

DropKick74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #19
I just have to have a say

One more feature I like is the importer. It takes songs from tab sites and is able to import them into the chord pro format. It's not perfect but It's a time saver in the end and that's what's important to me. I already feel like I have a great song band growing and it's really good for that.

I hope this helps

DP74
1 Thes. 5:16-18 // Rejoice always, pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus to you

DropKick74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #20

A new option...

I built an application to do this very thing. It's called Chord Chart Composer. It renders great looking chord charts, lets you print in different keys and capo positions. etc.

Google it. You'll find it.

Best,
Buzz
BuzzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #21

I use song sheet generator on the PC, but now I do most of my editing on the iPad. On the iPad, I use onsong. Completely amazing app. And, I can send out the result via email in PDF. Perfect formatting, etc. supports placing capos, transposing,e tc...

Also, I can use it directly on Sunday for display, with foot control for scrolling and paging.

Knocks me out.
dknitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2014, 12:07 PM   #22

I suspect our way of doing things is odd, but here goes: All of the musicians in our band (except the lead singer) are professional, and we're not fond of those lyric sheets with random chord symbols. (There's no sense of groove or rhythm, so you end up learning the tunes by ear.) We chart the tunes note-for-note --- I use Finale Songwriter --- then send them out to the band. (See the attached example.) The singer can't read music, so he learns the tunes by ear and bangs out cowboy chords on a capoed acoustic while using those lyric sheets. When the players need to sing, we use separate lyric sheets.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Joyful in A.pdf (63.4 KB, 133 views)
jackjresq is offline   Reply With Quote