Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Music & Musicians > Instruments > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #31

The most awesome guitar I've played to date was an early 60's Les Paul Standard.
It had a nice slim neck, and bite that had me diggin in to every note. It was sweet!

Bushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #32
Guitars are cool

Hmm, there's a couple that come to mind as pretty cool guitars I've played.

A late 60's (IIRC) Gibson L-5 in pretty much mint condition. Made me feel like Wes for the ten minutes I got to play it. Probably my favorite choice of the bunch.

My boss has a Gibson archtop (don't remember the model) from either the 20's or 30's (again can't remember exactly) that I've strummed a couple chords on.

My Cort hollowbody might count because there's a possibility that Larry Coryell had it at one point in time.

While this last one isn't strictly a guitar, I played a bass this past Saturday that was a six string with four standard tuning fretted strings and two fretless strings on top which repeated the G and D. I thought that was kinda cool.
Unread 02-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #33
Hey, I can change this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat View Post
Know what that third party system was, off hand?
sounds like a Variax transplant?

luthier blog

Soundclick Developing Worship forum
martinedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinedwards View Post
sounds like a Variax transplant?
I was thinking as much, or perhaps the Midiaxe system, tho the Midiaxe never seemed to really take off.

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #35

For me, it has to be my John Mayer Strat simply because Mayer has been my biggest musical influence. So, when I bought the JM Strat a couple years ago I was ecstatic, needless to say I still am to a point.

My new Gibson Midtown Custom though is a close second. It is just such a fun and exciting guitar to play. It looks great, feels even better and has that wonderful Semi-Hollow tone that just rocks.
gitaryzt1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2012, 04:49 AM   #36
Hey, I can change this!!!

just logged in & saw the "play guitar like a God in two easy lessons" ad and it had the pic of Steve Vai with the heart shaped triple neck that he played with Dave Lee Roth in about 90 or so and then used on solo work?

vid here

Steve Vai - Fever Dream Live at Bucharest - YouTube

anyway I have a pal who has played it........

AND I have pink DImarzio PAF pros just like that in my strat!!

luthier blog

Soundclick Developing Worship forum
martinedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #37
Okagesama de genki desu

For me, it was a 1965 Fender Jaguar. A vintage Jaguar has been my dream guitar ever since I was a kid watching Kurt Cobain play, and I finally got to play one for the first time a couple weeks ago.
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:54 PM   #38
Ax
Lets Swing

Quote:
Know what that third party system was, off hand?
sorry, I missed your reply until just now. No, I do not know which system it was unfortunately.

I'm just a wild and crazy guy!

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 05:02 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
sorry, I missed your reply until just now. No, I do not know which system it was unfortunately.
If you run across a pic, but sure to post it. That might give us a lead.

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
Unread 02-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #40
Ax
Lets Swing

Quote:
If you run across a pic, but sure to post it. That might give us a lead.
I don't see the guy much anymore, and he may not still have it, he's one of those guys who buys and flips on a regular basis, but if I see him and he does, I'll be sure to get a pic. He may know what system it was, I *think* he was the one who installed it.

I'm just a wild and crazy guy!

Current Rig:
Guitars: The NightShade, Fender Big Block Toronado, Fender Marauder, Fender Strat, Rogue ST-4
Pedals: Dunlop Crybaby -> SBN Soviet Power Booster -> SBN Modded Ibanez TS7 Tube Screamer -> SBN Discombobulamodulator -> Modded EHX Nano Small Clone -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner.
Amps: EVH 5150 III 50 Watt, Vox Night Train 15 Watt
Cabs: Late 80s Peavey 412-MS Sheffield 1290.

Ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ax View Post
I don't see the guy much anymore, and he may not still have it, he's one of those guys who buys and flips on a regular basis, but if I see him and he does, I'll be sure to get a pic. He may know what system it was, I *think* he was the one who installed it.
Yeah, I would be interested to know. I'm working on a breadboard guitar, and am looking to sort all those sorts of things out.

Unread 02-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #42
Born to Worship

For me it would be Caparison guitars. I bought one because I am a Mattias Eklundh fanboy and I fell in love with it from the first note. Everything just felt right on it. I bought an Applehorn and a Dillenger. Amazing guitars.
travisaurus rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #43

I don't know exactly what it was. My grandparents neighbor was a guitar collector and he brought an Epiphone acoustic electric from the '30s over for me to try. It played amazing, but did need a but of a tune up. The electronics were antique.
kingzulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #44

Played a Gibson Les Paul at the Guitar shop. Been saving my nickles and dimes ever since.
duane27 is offline   Reply With Quote