Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Bass
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #16
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve View Post
I don't know if I've seen anything besides ESP's signature series guitars in stores, but to give you a comparison, ESP's Vintage-4 Bass (a P-Special clone) is $1500 new through Musicians Friend. LTD's most expensive model is a $1000 six-string bass.
I don't think they get wide US distribution. I have seen a few. Always used or signature models. The Used ones I have played have been phenomenal, albeit pricey.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 12-22-2011, 10:31 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
I don't think they get wide US distribution. I have seen a few. Always used or signature models. The Used ones I have played have been phenomenal, albeit pricey.
Yeah...I see ESP's MIJ Stratocaster clones on CL a lot. People are probably asking what they're worth for them ($600+), but that's not what they're going for. I've also seen the Eclipses, which I've heard are darn good Les Paul clones, selling around the $800-1000 mark.

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #18
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Yeah...I see ESP's MIJ Stratocaster clones on CL a lot. People are probably asking what they're worth for them ($600+), but that's not what they're going for. I've also seen the Eclipses, which I've heard are darn good Les Paul clones, selling around the $800-1000 mark.
I have seen one or two basses that looked fairly old in really good (pretty much mint) shape go for around the 1k mark.

I saw a few superstrats in OC, mostly in the used section of sam ash.

My Life.
Unread 12-23-2011, 01:21 AM   #19
I AM A BASS PLAYER

Send a message via AIM to Josey Wales Send a message via Yahoo to Josey Wales
Well here's the one I want to get

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/dr...P1465C154.aspx

I guess I'd ask if you guys know anything about this one specifically

"I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMBODY SHOT ME IN THE HEAD"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cowboy In Me (Blog) I My Guitar Build: The Making Of The DISASTERCASTER
The New Restoration Project: The Making Of The JEMCASTER I NEW BASS: PAINT 'N' STUFF

FaceBook I ALL SAINTS DAY I ASD facebook I ASD reverb nation I BREAKING THE TIDE
Josey Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2011, 01:27 AM   #20
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
Well here's the one I want to get

LTD F-4E Natural 4-String Electric Bass Guitar

I guess I'd ask if you guys know anything about this one specifically
I am no expert on LTD or basses, but that seems like a lot of money for an ltd to me.

My Life.
Unread 12-23-2011, 01:40 AM   #21

Quote:
I am no expert on LTD or basses, but that seems like a lot of money for an ltd to me.
Not that you're wrong about the worth, but that's the going rate (and by going rate I mean MF price),

Interesting features...
string through neck
pair of EMG pickups
XJ frets
35" scale...

I've never played a 35" scale bass. I know a lot of guys swear by them for 5-string basses. I'd imagine that could make this bass ideal for drop tuning or for alternate tunings (BEAD).

I'm a podcaster
Unread 12-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #22
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Not that you're wrong about the worth, but that's the going rate (and by going rate I mean MF price),

Interesting features...
string through neck
pair of EMG pickups
XJ frets
35" scale...

I've never played a 35" scale bass. I know a lot of guys swear by them for 5-string basses. I'd imagine that could make this bass ideal for drop tuning or for alternate tunings (BEAD).
It might just be me, but looking at the link, that bass looked used to me. Sounds roughly on par for new...

Then again, it has been a long time since I looked at a new guitar that didn't have my name on the headstock.

My Life.
Unread 12-23-2011, 02:02 AM   #23

Quote:
It might just be me, but looking at the link, that bass looked used to me. Sounds roughly on par for new...

Then again, it has been a long time since I looked at a new guitar that didn't have my name on the headstock.
Yeah, if it's used, too much money. I just figured it was one of those shops that takes pictures of everything they get in to put on their website using a random P&S or an iPhone and doesn't check to make sure it's all wiped down.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 12-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #24
I AM A BASS PLAYER

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteve
Yeah, if it's used, too much money. I just figured it was one of those shops that takes pictures of everything they get in to put on their website using a random P&S or an iPhone and doesn't check to make sure it's all wiped down.
Lol that's exactly it, all the stuff on their site they take pics of out by the back wall, it's a pretty cool store, and they just do that to get good lighting on the guitars, but everything looks used on the website lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The New Restoration Project: The Making Of The JEMCASTER I NEW BASS: PAINT 'N' STUFF

FaceBook I ALL SAINTS DAY I ASD facebook I ASD reverb nation I BREAKING THE TIDE
Unread 12-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #25
I AM A BASS PLAYER

After looking at several basses today I think I'm going to do a schecter actually I found a neat one on sale and I like it so off to guitar center I go since my other local places are closed

Unread 12-24-2011, 01:46 PM   #26
I AM A BASS PLAYER

check my NBD thread!!!

Unread 01-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #27
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Now that I play bass every week...I'm thinking about getting a back-up for my Jackson. I don't have a big budget and I'm thinking I might want to try out a 5 string.

Any ideas?

Hebrews 12:14-15 (NLT)
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #28

Well, I know Jackson and Charvel both made 5-string basses that are probably going to otherwise be similar to yours.

Beyond that, almost every company that manufactures basses also manufactures 5-string basses, so there are tons of options. In the mid-90s, Squier even manufactured some P-Bass body/J-bass pickup config 5-string basses. I've always heard great things about the "ProTone" series that these were part of.

The tricky thing is how much do you want to spend on a back-up bass? Of course, I bought a 5-string as a back up and it eventually became my main bass because I got tired of switching basses during shows.

I'm a podcaster
Unread 01-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #29
Geezer
Administrator

paid
Quote:
Well, I know Jackson and Charvel both made 5-string basses that are probably going to otherwise be similar to yours.

Beyond that, almost every company that manufactures basses also manufactures 5-string basses, so there are tons of options. In the mid-90s, Squier even manufactured some P-Bass body/J-bass pickup config 5-string basses. I've always heard great things about the "ProTone" series that these were part of.

The tricky thing is how much do you want to spend on a back-up bass? Of course, I bought a 5-string as a back up and it eventually became my main bass because I got tired of switching basses during shows.

I'm probably in the non-USA made Fender range right about now.

As much as I like the Dave Ellefson model...it's out of my range right now.

Hebrews 12:14-15 (NLT)
Leboman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #30

Any thoughts on Ibanez or Schecter?

I'm a podcaster