Go Back   Christian Guitar Forum > Musicians > Guitar
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge13 View Post
I have alot i also name my instruments adds to the experience.

Electric
1. Gibson SG special ebony- BIG RED (yes its a black guitar named big red cause of a big red 1 sticker)
2. Epiphone Sheraton II- Sheila
3 Fender MiM Standard ASH Tele- Blondie
4. Fender MIJ Sandard Strat- Green Monster

Acoustic
5. Breedlove AC25 SM- Roxane
6. Ovation CC48SS- Wife
7.Hagstrom Delarna- The HAG

Bass
Schecter C4- Amber
Fender FSR percision bass- Cream

Oddities
Peruvian Cherango
Indian Sitar
2 Uke's from Hawaii
odd string instrument from Egypt and Asia

For lead i use SG, Tele, Sheraton
Rhythem i use Sheraton and Tele or breedlove
leading worship Breedlove or Hagstrom
song writing All acoustics

EG
And how old are you?

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
CheshireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Unread 01-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #62
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireCat View Post
If you're talking about attributes, perhaps so. If you're talking about applications, that is a completely different kettle of fish.
I am talking about sounds. I would say some strat sounds are kind of out of the range of your standard tele, I bet you could thin out the bridge pickup post guitar with an eq pedal, (I have never had the desire to do so) but there is something in the attack of a strat that gets used a lot in certain kinds of music. (I'd say some blues and softer rock) Honestly, that's about all I can think of that a Tele couldn't do right off the top of my head.

Incidentely the two things I am mentioning I am not sure if a tele could do are things I personally would not want a guitar to do sonically. So it may just be that I don't know how to. But I hate the sound of the springs in a strat trem in the attack of a note. So a tele not having that sound in its arsenal is a very large positive for me.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #63

Quote:
And how old are you?
im 17 whats it matter. I like to name my guitars alot of proffesionlal guitar players do it.
edge13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #64
I AM A BASS PLAYER

Send a message via AIM to Josey Wales Send a message via Yahoo to Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge13

im 17 whats it matter. I like to name my guitars alot of proffesionlal guitar players do it.
I name my Guitars 2 of them don't have names yet, but I name them what I like when the feeling comes
Actually my B.C. Rich is named dragons blood, that because of the finish color

"I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMBODY SHOT ME IN THE HEAD"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cowboy In Me (Blog) I My Guitar Build: The Making Of The DISASTERCASTER
The New Restoration Project: The Making Of The JEMCASTER I NEW BASS: PAINT 'N' STUFF

FaceBook I ALL SAINTS DAY I ASD facebook I ASD reverb nation I BREAKING THE TIDE
Josey Wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
I am talking about sounds.
Well, I was referring to application, such as various genres of music and whatnot, in stark contrast to the idea of "specific guitar for specific genre" misnomer. As far as whammy bar type action, well, Uncle Zakk has us covered on that front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge13 View Post
im 17 whats it matter.
Well, I was just thinking that you had a lot of guitars for who could have been (and is) a teenager, ergo, that's why I asked. Nothing wrong with that, mind you, but a lot of teens often don't have that many guitars.

While I know you kinda mentioned what your screen-name means, initially I thought it might mean you could be 13. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. Rainer was 13 when he was already a senior member of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
Actually my B.C. Rich is named dragons blood, that because of the finish color
Well, my Utah's name is spelt "Raymond Luxury Yacht", but it's actually pronounced "Throat Wobbler Mangrove".

If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. --William Blake

Click here for the WORST advice you could ever get/give in the entire world of guitar buying
Unread 01-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #66
Tired of being attacked

Quote:
Well, I was referring to application, such as various genres of music and whatnot, in stark contrast to the idea of "specific guitar for specific genre" misnomer. As far as whammy bar type action, well, Uncle Zakk has us covered on that front.
I was playing megadeth on a Baron Snott Watt last night with a tele with a Charlie Christian style bridge pickup. (Lollar BS) I doubt you could get more offbeat for such a thing as an antique single coil design that was ancient history by the time of the invention of the tele. But, it sounds really good actually.

My Life.
BillSPrestonEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #67

Quote:
Well, my Utah's name is spelt "Raymond Luxury Yacht", but it's actually pronounced "Throat Wobbler Mangrove".

Working an obscure Monty Python line into a response; Well played, Sir!
guitargeek6298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #68

I've called my guitars many names but nothing affectionate.
rocket955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSPrestonEsq View Post
I was playing megadeth on a Baron Snott Watt last night with a tele with a Charlie Christian style bridge pickup . . . it sounds really good actually.
My point precisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargeek6298 View Post
Working an obscure Monty Python line into a response; Well played, Sir!
Yes, quite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket955 View Post
I've called my guitars many names but nothing affectionate.
So no "sweaties", "puggims", "pumpkins", or "honey bunnies"?

Unread 01-22-2012, 03:36 AM   #70

Quote:
So no "sweaties", "puggims", "pumpkins", or "honey bunnies"?
Not even close, Most common is Jr thorn whistle. but pronounced eerrrrrggggg!!!
rocket955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #71
I'm on a horse.

Send a message via AIM to Rainer.
Quote:
While I know you kinda mentioned what your screen-name means, initially I thought it might mean you could be 13. Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. Rainer was 13 when he was already a senior member of the forum.
...it's like I keep hearing my name...

Rainer. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainer. View Post
...it's like I keep hearing my name...

. . . I know, it's like I keep having the same problem . . .

Unread 01-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #73

Quote:

Well, I was just thinking that you had a lot of guitars for who could have been (and is) a teenager, ergo, that's why I asked. Nothing wrong with that, mind you, but a lot of teens often don't have that many guitars.

Sorry if it sounded hostile my bad please accept my apologie. And yea I basically put all my money into gear. I also have a very supportive father and mother.

I started when I was 7 my first guit was a dean EVO which I still have it's signed by vince niell. A year later I pre cured enough money to buy an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. Great guitar. Still have it it's signed. For my birthday that year later my dad bought me a raven rg. About a year later bout a fender telecaster fmt hh. Traded it for my fender strat mij. The curly as before that trade my dad bought me a used Gibson SG. After the strat I bought a Paul Reed Smith Se Billy Martin Custom. Next was my fender bass. About 2years later I traded my Raven and my PRS SE for a new Epiphone Sheraton II. For my birthday bought my Fender telecaster standard Ash. And a schecter bass that same month. Then bought a Ovation CC48 SS. About a year later I bought a hagstrom beater guitar. And just a week or 2 ago I bouht my new baby a Breedlove Atalas AC25 SM.

All over these years I bought 3 amps a Marshall practice amp 10watt= crap
Spider IV and then most recently my Vox AC15

So yea I spend slot on gear and yes I can actUally play the stuff. I am our churches lead and rythem guitarist some weeks and I also lead worshi but I am always learning new things from ppl and god.

EG
Unread 01-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #74

I tried yo quote Chesh around the well paragraph.

EG
Unread 01-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #75

Send a message via AIM to thesteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge13
I tried yo quote Chesh around the well paragraph.

EG
I fixed it

I'm a podcaster
thesteve is offline   Reply With Quote